Rick Story helping GSP prepare for Hendricks at Tristar

sounds like a cheap way to train for the fight. Getting insider info from a guy you never trained with before seems very desperate. That's like Weidman bringing in Ryo Chonnan to his camp to prepare for Anderson. its ridiculous and desperate.

"ridiculous and desperate" :eek::rolleyes::wink::icon_lol:

We have a GSP fan here huh?

To be honest your opinion is completely retarded. You were just bad mouthing not only GSP but your favorite fighter not knowing it. Your an idiot and you can't tell him to quit using 'adolescent behavior' because you need to be shown how stupid you are.

well I guess I have to consider the source on this one.

One thing I don't understand is that Story and Hendrick's fight pretty differently. They have similar skillsets but Hendrick's has better striking defence and is faster and more explosive, not to mention he is more cerebral than Story.

One thing I don't understand is that Story and Hendrick's fight pretty differently. They have similar skillsets but Hendrick's has better striking defence and is faster and more explosive, not to mention he is more cerebral than Story.

Yeah, GSP should have asked to train with Hendricks, that would have been better preparation.

Charlie Brenneman has Story's soul. He sold it though, after 151 was cancelled to pay for his bills.

The only reason Story lost that fight was because it was his first time fighting a Spaniard.

bringing in a complete stranger to train for a guy he fought 5 years ago is completely desperate imo, especially when you are considered p4p best fighter on earth. Like I said, did Weidman bring in takase or Ryo before his title fight? its ridiculous.

*reads username*
Move along folks nothing to see here

Come on guys, be nice to the little fella. He thinks Penn is the GOAT, I don't think he has many friends. Just let him have this one

haha. the kid has been stuck with that username for years

I seen him fight Brennamen, it was a shitty fight for Story, I agree tho, hes tough as nails, and DEF has been on a bad luck spree lately, im impressed he beat Hendricks though

That Brenneman fight was TERRBLE and for sure the low point of his career. I should point out that Brenneman took the fight on short notice (<1 week IIRC), which did mean Story had little time to prepare for a wrestler. I forget who he was going to fight but I think it was like Jon Howard or some striker. Not a great excuse for a terrible performance but still. Story's a lot better than he looked in that fight. Brenneman is a hell of a wrestler even if he is really one-dimensional.

That Brenneman fight was TERRBLE and for sure the low point of his career. I should point out that Brenneman took the fight on short notice (<1 week IIRC), which did mean Story had little time to prepare for a wrestler. I forget who he was going to fight but I think it was like Jon Howard or some striker. Not a great excuse for a terrible performance but still. Story's a lot better than he looked in that fight. Brenneman is a hell of a wrestler even if he is really one-dimensional.

Story was gonna fight Marquardt. Marquardt had the testosterone levels that led to his release and Brenneman literally took the fight the day before weigh-ins.

I don't think bjpenngoat is gonna be coming back to this thread...

Rick Story has remained to same in 5 years, while Hendricks has fully developed his control and striking.

Let's hope GSP is easily working over Story or he will feel awkward when Hendricks touches him

bringing in a complete stranger to train for a guy he fought 5 years ago is completely desperate imo, especially when you are considered p4p best fighter on earth. Like I said, did Weidman bring in takase or Ryo before his title fight? its ridiculous.

One of the most idiotic posts I have ever seen on Sherdog in 5 years

sounds like a cheap way to train for the fight. Getting insider info from a guy you never trained with before seems very desperate. That's like Weidman bringing in Ryo Chonnan to his camp to prepare for Anderson. its ridiculous and desperate.

Yeah, the only fair thing to do would be to not train with any wrestler when going against Hendricks; wouldn't be fair to your opponent to look for insights into their style.

Its smart training thats what it is....I dont know what kind of world you live in

LOL You are asking this of someone with the name bjpenngoat... hes clearly delusional.

Back