Rick Story helping GSP prepare for Hendricks at Tristar

Conduit

Blue Belt
Reaction score
http://www.bjpenn.com/rick-story-helping-gsp-prep-for-showdown-with-hendricks/

“It’s a plus for me,” St-Pierre told the French-Canadian media. “He’s a guy with a similar style to Johny Hendricks. He’s also the last person to beat him. He won by decision. It was a close fight. But he won. He has even trained with him. He can give me some tricks, tell me how he is.”

This is a very good decision by Firas Zahabi IMO. Also it seems like Story is joining Tristar now?

Charlie Brenneman has Story's soul. He sold it though, after 151 was cancelled to pay for his bills.

Charlie Brenneman has Story's soul. He sold it though, after 151 was cancelled to pay for his bills.
Maia squeezed the remainder through his nose.
I know he has the W over Johnny but I'm not sure what he has to teach him.

i wouldn't necessarily call his performance against Hendricks impressive

but GSP can probably still benefit from training with him

Maia squeezed the remainder through his nose.
I know he has the W over Johnny but I'm not sure what he has to teach him.

He knows Johnny and he is at the very least a great sparring partner to mimic Hendrick

sounds like a cheap way to train for the fight. Getting insider info from a guy you never trained with before seems very desperate. That's like Weidman bringing in Ryo Chonnan to his camp to prepare for Anderson. its ridiculous and desperate.

or is rick story at tri star to help Hendricks?

What is he gonna teach gsp that he doesn't already know?

Lol, thats hilarious, Story beat Hendricks!! Thats hilarious too, GSP by beatdown!!

Story is underrated around here and got robbed against Pyle.

sounds like a cheap way to train for the fight. Getting insider info from a guy you never trained with before seems very desperate. That's like Weidman bringing in Ryo Chonnan to his camp to prepare for Anderson. its ridiculous and desperate.

so he should learn from guys he already knows to learn stuff he already knows?

kay

bjpenngoat lol makes sense

It's post like this that make sherdog a good place to go of you need a laugh

Its smart training thats what it is....I dont know what kind of world you live in

Absolutely!!! I said that in a thread and I got flamed hard. I left with about a minute left in the third round to make it to my buddies in time for the PPV and I was amazed when he said Pyle got the nod.

so he should learn from guys he already knows to learn stuff he already knows?

kay

bjpenngoat lol makes sense

It's post like this that make sherdog a good place to go of you need a laugh

Its smart training thats what it is....I dont know what kind of world you live in

Come on guys, be nice to the little fella. He thinks Penn is the GOAT, I don't think he has many friends. Just let him have this one

Lol, thats hilarious, Story beat Hendricks!! Thats hilarious too, GSP by beatdown!!

Story is actually a high level fighter. He is aggressive, strong, athletic, great MMA wrestling, hits hard and has an iron jaw. He has just had some bad luck recently.

bringing in a complete stranger to train for a guy he fought 5 years ago is completely desperate imo, especially when you are considered p4p best fighter on earth. Like I said, did Weidman bring in takase or Ryo before his title fight? its ridiculous.

I think Story is the better fighter, but he gassed hard, and didn't do anything but lay on Pyle in rounds 2 and 3 while Mike attempted subs and outstruck him off his back. I gave Story a 10-8 first round and thought it was a draw though.

Back