Rick Story helping GSP prepare for Hendricks at Tristar

sounds like a cheap way to train for the fight. Getting insider info from a guy you never trained with before seems very desperate. That's like Weidman bringing in Ryo Chonnan to his camp to prepare for Anderson. its ridiculous and desperate.

lol cheap.

You are so painfully dumb. One of the dumbest posters on this forum.

In all of fight game prize fighting history this 'cheap' tactic of bringing in guys you have never trained with but who have fought your opponent, has been one of the most ever used included by you boy BJ.

bringing in a complete stranger to train for a guy he fought 5 years ago is completely desperate imo, especially when you are considered p4p best fighter on earth. Like I said, did Weidman bring in takase or Ryo before his title fight? its ridiculous.

oh my. You were serious and not just trolling.

Wow, poor you.

lol cheap.

You are so painfully dumb. One of the dumbest posters on this forum.

In all of fight game prize fighting history this 'cheap' tactic of bringing in guys you have never trained with but who have fought your opponent, has been one of the most ever used included by you boy BJ.

So somebody who has a differing opinion than yours is "painfully dumb"?

why the personal insult, just disagree with the point and counter it. No need for the adolescent behavior.

sounds like a cheap way to train for the fight. Getting insider info from a guy you never trained with before seems very desperate. That's like Weidman bringing in Ryo Chonnan to his camp to prepare for Anderson. its ridiculous and desperate.

I guess that makes BJ ridiculous and desperate for training with Gray Maynard before he fought Edgar.

lmao, I was going to castigate you for this, but you've been getting destroyed left and right already. Go home and be a family man, and stop posting.

Not something I saw happening, but it could prove useful afterall.

Story is actually a high level fighter. He is aggressive, strong, athletic, great MMA wrestling, hits hard and has an iron jaw. He has just had some bad luck recently.

I seen him fight Brennamen, it was a shitty fight for Story, I agree tho, hes tough as nails, and DEF has been on a bad luck spree lately, im impressed he beat Hendricks though

why the personal insult, just disagree with the point and counter it. No need for the adolescent behavior.

Lol stop posting already man.

GSP brings in new guys all the time to help him round out his game. Freddy Roach is a prime example. He's finding holes in his own game and hendricks plus probably picking up over all pointers from Story.

It's a very smart thing to do. You know seeking out new information to improve yourself.

stop posting.

Story is the blueprint for beating Hendricks. He and Koscheck are both strong, athletic wrestlers with power in their hands and they fared best against Big Rig.

Story/Hendricks was not a barnburner but Story successfully nullified Hendricks' wrestling and made it a gritty boxing affair, and Hendricks didnt have much to offer w/o the big KO punch

bringing in a complete stranger to train for a guy he fought 5 years ago is completely desperate imo, especially when you are considered p4p best fighter on earth. Like I said, did Weidman bring in takase or Ryo before his title fight? its ridiculous.

What, do you think he is just sparring and training with Story for this fight? If you can't see bringing a guy that not only has fought Hendricks, but trained with him and has a similar style as being any help to gsp, then you just don't get it.

What the fuck does being a "complete stranger" have to do with anything? You can't just train with people you know

Remember when Rick Story was 1 win away from a title shot before his luck went evil on his ass?

Yea, me neither :p

Yes some opinions can indeed be painfully dumb.

You don't get to hide behind 'hey its just my opinion man' and avoid people seeing how dumb your opinion is.

It could be your opinion that the Sun is cold and tastes like lollipops and that would be your rightful opinion to hold. It would also be very dumb.

Just as some shertard poster telling a professional fight team and decades of prior prize fighters that bringing in someone with experience with an opponent is not a good thing, like shertards are the authority on coaching and what is of value and why.

Your post is a pathetic attempt to either troll (which most of your on GSP are) or you show truly how painfully ignorant you are of prize fight history and how dumb you are on this topic. And if it is the latter then you should learn to not offer your opinion so easily on topics you are so incredibly dumb about.

Good move by both guys. Story could use the high level guys that are at Tristar, and he can obviously help those guys too

Desperate huh? Do you know how many fighters in the history of this sport, as well as all the other combat sports have done this? Your desperate to use a comment like that just to hate on GSP.

I guess that makes BJ ridiculous and desperate for training with Gray Maynard before he fought Edgar.

Did BJ train with Maynard? I know Aldo did as prep for Edgar. I know Florian trained with GSP before his BJ fight. Anyway this list could go on forever. Bringing in prior opponents of someone you are fighting, for whatever your reasons, has been a staple of prize fighting for as long as it has been around. Only someone incredibly dumb would see anything negative about it.

What, do you think he is just sparring and training with Story for this fight? If you can't see bringing a guy that not only has fought Hendricks, but trained with him and has a similar style as being any help to gsp, then you just don't get it.

I don't think Story fight that much like Hendricks. I think they have a very different style.

And I think that is what GSP wants to see. Story's style, for their fight, was the perfect style to pretty much completely shut Hendricks down. Maybe it is not any more and maybe it is, and that is what the coaches and GSP will try to figure out and take away from the training.

To be honest your opinion is completely retarded. You were just bad mouthing not only GSP but your favorite fighter not knowing it. Your an idiot and you can't tell him to quit using 'adolescent behavior' because you need to be shown how stupid you are.

Back