Social Rice University Offers ‘Afrochemistry’ Class To Address ‘Inequities In Chemistry’

Rice is private so they dont get much fed assistance. The concept is just ridiculous imo.
They still get some funding from the government. State government can also invest. The concept of a private school that is free from government money isn’t really true in this age. I am pretty sure public school students have less total public government subsidies vs elite private schools. This might be due to the larger public school student population though.

Besides direct funding there is also a runabout way to create endowments for them. Suppose say you get rich people or industry that donates to the school. The government in turns gives them a big tax deduction. Everytime you give you someone a huge tax break then the other taxpayers need to make up for this loss. It’s not little money either. It’s in the sum of billions for each institution.

Does it count toward credits for your degree? If so is the credits worth the cost. If so then it's easy credits. Stupid but easy credits.

They still get some funding from the government. State government can also invest. The concept of a private school that is free from government money isn’t really true in this age. I am pretty sure public school students have less total public government subsidies vs elite private schools. This might be due to the larger public school student population though.

Besides direct funding there is also a runabout way to create endowments for them. Suppose say you get rich people or industry that donates to the school. The government in turns gives them a big tax deduction. Everytime you give you someone a huge tax break then the other taxpayers need to make up for this loss. It’s not little money either. It’s in the sum of billions for each institution.
Sure. I'm not saying they get no fed money just not much comparatively. I know they have ways. Either way it's not good spending of time and money from anywhere.

Liberals three years ago: The university system is a scam!

Liberals two years ago: Student loans need to be paid off by taxpayers!

Liberals today: This is just a useless class students need to earn enough credits to get their degree. There's nothing wrong with this at all.

Liberals tomorrow: The university system is a scam and taxpayers need to pay off student loans!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back