Media Reyes' Best Moments in the Fight [GIFs]

Partially blocked strikes that do damage are landed strikes. It's only not a landed strike if the block in question succeeds in mitigating the damage entirely. Otherwise you managed to get a hand in there, but they still hurt you, which is the point of striking.
There may be one or two partial blocks I would have counted that round but not many. The differential between true Crisp shots was extremely close. I also liked Jones pressure more. Round 2 in a championship fight was virtually a tie for me and not that eventful

Did you miss where I said no belt?
I may miss a few things you say as I am unnecessarily debating a fight with a crowned winner over close rounds. I will try to be more understanding

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
49-46 Reyes is a more reasonable score than Jon winning at all

There may be one or two partial blocks I would have counted that round but not many. The differential between true Crisp shots was extremely close. I also liked Jones pressure more. Round 2 in a championship fight was virtually a tie for me and not that eventful
Shots don't have to be crisp to do damage and count. You can beat a man to death with partially blocked punches. Reyes was connecting more and hurting more.

Shots don't have to be crisp to do damage and count. You can beat a man to death with partially blocked punches. Reyes was connecting more and hurting more.
I didnt see that at all. Reyes threw more. Missed more, got blocked more, and clearly gassed more subsequently. It would make sense if he landed more crisp shots that round. He just didnt. Jon took him into deep unfamiliar waters while receiving little damage while Reyes was fresh. That seemed to be his gameplan and he won. You want to debate look how good Reyes looked while getting blocked and dodged. Not my kind of debate but have fun

Jones whooped him.
if the haters would just look at gif s most reyes shots are missing or being blocked and slipped spoiler 1 as example other then chest punch knock down
jones was slipping 95 % of those punches blocked the kick too lol
<Moves>

I didnt see that at all. Reyes threw more. Missed more, got blocked more, and clearly gassed more subsequently. It would make sense if he landed more crisp shots that round. He just didnt. Jon took him into deep unfamiliar waters while receiving little damage while Reyes was fresh. That seemed to be his gameplan and he won. You want to debate look how good Reyes looked while getting blocked and dodged. Not my kind of debate but have fun
You're acting like Jones was putting on some defensive clinic. He wasn't. He was doing his best to defend himself while getting beaten up.

You're acting like Jones was putting on some defensive clinic. He wasn't. He was doing his best to defend himself while getting beaten up.
Read beat up from you and lol'ed at the exaggeration. You silly. Nobody got beat up that fight. It was a great close fight.

Reyes had more sig strikes thou..he made Jones miss more

Jones made Reyes miss 144 strikes. Reyes made Jones miss 63 strikes.

I get that Reyes had more volume overall, but "he made Jones miss more" is just not accurate.

and Jones won bc of what, walking forward?

If you accept that most of Reyes's strikes in those flurries missed, then their only credit to him is "moving forward." So yes, if that's how we're scoring fights, then Jones undoubtedly won.

Seriously, look at the slowed down gifs Fesaine posted on the first page.

Round 1: Slip/knockdown from chest punch. Stuffed takedown. 0/5 combo (all misses). 1/6 combo (block, block, miss, body punch, miss, block).
Round 2: 1/11 combo (hit, miss, six more misses, block, miss, miss). Uppercut. Block. Miss. Uppercut, block. Leg kick. (One combo, then five separate instances of single strikes that mostly missed.)

So yes, if you think those "best moments" won the rounds for Reyes, and they were filled with ineffective (but flashy) striking, you must be scoring them for octagon control or aggression, because you sure aren't scoring them for effective striking or grappling. And since that's now your criteria, then you've also got to admit that those were his only moments of being ahead.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
It's amazing how many of those shots miss, are blocked, or don't land clean, just as I remember it. The body kick in the third gif and the two body punches in the last are the cleanest out of all of them, pretty much the only shots that land flush. They probably make his strike count look pretty though

And still

Yea especially around the later rounds.
He doesn't need to convince. Reyes had way bigger moments than Jones. Reyes actually dazed Jones at the beginning of 4th. Jones never amounted to same thru his successes.

I'm justseeing a bunch of blocked shots... i dunno rlly

I dislike Jones, but let's be honest Reyes gassed hard and didn't do enough to convincingly take the W it's a bitter pill it really is.
What's it matter that Reyes gassed if he already had three rounds in the bag?

Basically, as long as you win 4th and 5th round...the first 3 rounds dont count...

Back