Media Reyes' Best Moments in the Fight [GIFs]

None of that shit did anything. Half of it didn’t even land.

I don't give a shit whether Reyes or Jones wins, I just care about proper scoring.

If Jones deserves the win, I certainly don't want to see him robbed, just like I didn't like seeing Reyes robbed.
There was no robbery or assbeating that occurred. Jones took a W in a very close fight with subjective rounds. Him being the champ probably edged it from a tie to a W but that's about it. More than half of the ROBBERY crowd are also screaming Jones got his ass kicked. It's a lie. I will agree that Reyes looked great and his activity and missed punches do make it seem like he was dominating. I take the time and see what actually landed. It was razor thin

I don't give a shit about who gets the belt, I just want fair, proper scoring.

Fighting on the backfoot and counterstriking is not the same as turning your back and running.
You saw the fight, yet you ignore what you didn't want to see. You are not capable of discussing anything other than your bias perspective

That second round is not a toss up. Reyes landed more and he landed better shots. At the end he had some of his best connections. (Also, winning the end of the round doesn't get you the round. Getting beat up for four minutes and winning the last one means you lost the round.)
Bones deserved to lose this fight, we all know it.
Give me your official actual punch count not what you parroted and we can discuss. I actually took the time to count and it is razor thin. I'm not talking about blocked and checked kicks I'm talking actual clean punches. Jones landed the crisper ones in round 2 if you are being objective

You saw the fight, yet you ignore what you didn't want to see. You are not capable of discussing anything other than your bias perspective

What didn't I want to see?

Reyes fought on the backfoot and outstruck Jones while doing it.

Give me your official actual punch count not what you parroted and we can discuss. I actually took the time to count and it is razor thin. I'm not talking about blocked and checked kicks I'm talking actual clean punches. Jones landed the crisper ones in round 2 if you are being objective
You're right, he landed two clean punches (jabs,) and got hit with like 20 partially blocked punches that did more damage. Reyes was landing kicks and was landing punches to the body all round. He won it by a significant margin and did more damage.

There was no robbery or assbeating that occurred. Jones took a W in a very close fight with subjective rounds. Him being the champ probably edged it from a tie to a W but that's about it. More than half of the ROBBERY crowd are also screaming Jones got his ass kicked. It's a lie. I will agree that Reyes looked great and his activity and missed punches do make it seem like he was dominating. I take the time and see what actually landed. It was razor thin

He did get his ass kicked as far as damage goes, but that is not judging criteria either so I won't mention it.

Jones for sure left with more brain trauma than Reyes did that night lol.

What didn't I want to see?

Reyes fought on the backfoot and outstruck Jones while doing it.
Did someone say you didn't see? I know that I said you ignored certain aspects. Thank you for strengthening my point though. Have a nice day

You're right, he landed two clean punches (jabs,) and got hit with like 20 partially blocked punches that did more damage. Reyes was landing kicks and was landing punches to the body all round. He won it by a significant margin and did more damage.
They didnt do any damage and the harder cleaner shots were Jones. If you want to count blocked strikes then dont cry when people also count forward pressure. Now if you would like to discuss what actually landed cleanly we may have it scored pretty similar

Did someone say you didn't see? I know that I said you ignored certain aspects. Thank you for strengthening my point though. Have a nice day

What? Now you've just stopped making sense entirely lol.

They didnt do any damage and the harder cleaner shots were Jones. If you want to count blocked strikes then dont cry when people also count forward pressure. Now if you would like to discuss what actually landed cleanly we may have it scored pretty similar
It depends on what you call a blocked strike. Just because you get a hand up doesn't mean you actually *blocked* the punch (that's why the term "partially blocked" exists in boxing and martial arts.) Jones had a lot of partial blocks on strikes that were still landing and still effective. If you want to pretend those shots weren't doing any damage, more power to you. But that's not how you score a fight. Also, effective striking as a criteria has priority over aggression or octagon control. Jones' forward pressure doesn't mean shit if he's getting outlanded and beat up, which he was. Again, that's not how you score a fight.

He did get his ass kicked as far as damage goes, but that is not judging criteria either so I won't mention it.

Jones for sure left with more brain trauma than Reyes did that night lol.
Neither one left with an ass kicking and if you believe that you may want to watch more fights. The rematch should be soon depending on if Dom is hurt. He has MRI's not Jones. I'll leave it at that

Not gonna lie. I was surprised at Reyes cardio here it's really difficult to keep that type of pace for the majority of a fight. He was well trained no doubt.

It depends on what you call a blocked strike. Just because you get a hand up doesn't mean you actually *blocked* the punch (that's why the term "partially blocked" exists in boxing and martial arts.) Jones had a lot of partial blocks on strikes that were still landing and still effective. If you want to pretend those shots weren't doing any damage, more power to you. But that's not how you score a fight.
Even if you count blocks as effective landed punches (I don't) Dom may have been up 5. Jon also maintained forward pressure and octagon control for more than half the round in which clean unblocked strikes was about even. Basically not a robbery but a subjective round that was pretty uneventful and the prettiest moments were Jon masterfully dodging

Neither one left with an ass kicking and if you believe that you may want to watch more fights. The rematch should be soon depending on if Dom is hurt. He has MRI's not Jones. I'll leave it at that

If that was a just a fight, with no judges, no belt and no money, I'd definitely rather be Reyes than Jones coming out of it.

tenor.gif

But that's just me.

Even if you count blocks as effective landed punches (I don't) Dom may have been up 5. Jon also maintained forward pressure and octagon control for more than half the round in which clean unblocked strikes was about even. Basically not a robbery but a subjective round that was pretty uneventful and the prettiest moments were Jon masterfully dodging
Partially blocked strikes that do damage are landed strikes. It's only not a landed strike if the block in question succeeds in mitigating the damage entirely. Otherwise you managed to get a hand in there, but they still hurt you, which is the point of striking. You're writing your own fantasy rules there. When one guy is landing more and doing more damage, he's winning. It doesn't matter who's going forward. That's how the criteria work.

If that was a just a fight, with no judges, no belt and no money received, I'd definitely rather be Reyes than Jones coming out of it.

tenor.gif

But that's just me.
Great Reyes landed a punch. He had quite a few good punches and Jon did as well. Personally I'd rather be the man walking out with the belt but you can have that I'd rather be Reyes ideology

Great Reyes landed a punch. He had quite a few good punches and Jon did as well. Personally I'd rather be the man walking out with the belt but you can have that I'd rather be Reyes ideology

Did you miss where I said no belt?

If that was a just a fight, with no judges, no belt and no money, I'd definitely rather be Reyes than Jones coming out of it.

tenor.gif

But that's just me.
Jon threw the jab, Reyes ducked and landed the uppercut. It was a thing of beauty.

Back