Media Reyes' Best Moments in the Fight [GIFs]

Farcical account taking credit away from a guy who thwarted jones for the 1 2 3
I dont think any assbeating occurred whatsoever for either. I also have round 2 a toss up and Dom wilting at the end. I have it a draw and if pushed against a wall in a draw to crown a winner I 100% understand why it leans towards the champ

No fool will argue Reyes didnt have moments. The final impression I had was Reyes looking like he wanted out while Bones was coming on stronger. One man looked to have his will completely broken by the end and it damn sure wasnt Jones

You realize this is all subjective?

There is no actual measurement for this, you can't score a fight like this.

Reyes was never hurt, never wobbled, nothing. He was tired, sure, but so what? He made it to the end and won the first 3 rounds.

Jones whooped him.
LMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You realize this is all subjective?

There is no actual measurement for this, you can't score a fight like this.

Reyes was never hurt, never wobbled, nothing. He was tired, sure, but so what? He made it to the end and won the first 3 rounds.
He basically stopped fighting in the 5th round while Jon looked stronger in a fight that there were no true game changing moments. He wilted. He fought well but didnt do enough. You say there is no factual evidence for this. Let me give you some. AND STILL

200.webp
Is that true? If a fighter knocks another fighter down with a clean strike that's not scored a knock down? I'm gonna have to look into this...
the judging criteria only mentions a knockdown once, and only in the section about a 10-7 round -

10–7 Round

“A 10 – 7 Round in MMA is when a fighter completely overwhelms their opponent in Effective Striking and/or Grappling and stoppage is warranted.”

A 10 – 7 round in MMA is a score that judges will rarely give.

It takes both overwhelming DOMINANCE of a round, but also significant IMPACT that, at times, cause the judge to consider that the fight could be stopped.

Judges shall look for multiple IMPACTFUL blows or knockdowns that diminish the fighter, and/or grappling maneuvers that place the fighter in dominant situations with impact being inflicted that visibly diminishes the fighter’s ability to compete.
note it lumps impactful blows with knockdowns that diminish the fighter.

in other words, whether it's ruled technically a knockdown or not is irrelevant to the scoring.

He basically stopped fighting in the 5th round while Jon looked stronger in a fight that there were no true game changing moments. He wilted. He fought well but didnt do enough. You say there is no factual evidence for this. Let me give you some. AND STILL

If he "wilted", he would have been finished.

Jones couldn't finish a gassed opponent, that's on him.

Reyes won the first 3 rounds in my eyes and in the majority of people's eyes.

"looking like he wanted out" is not a judging criteria. If he didn't actually get taken out, dropped, or hurt, it means fuck all. Its subjective.

If he "wilted", he would have been finished.

Jones couldn't finish a gassed opponent, that's on him.

Reyes won the first 3 rounds in my eyes and in the majority of people's eyes.
I'm not here to repeat myself. If you cant see the exact same thing every ring side analyst said along with about any person that thought Jones won or lost, that Reyes faded, thats your blind ass and not my concern. AND STILL

I'm not here to repeat myself. If you cant see the exact same thing every ring side analyst said along with about any person that thought Jones won or lost, that Reyes faded, thats your blind ass and not my concern. AND STILL

Whether someone looks "faded" or not to you is irrelevant, that's not how you judge a fight.

You judge a fight based on strikes and or takedowns landed, and if those are equal, you judge it on control.

That's it.

Whether someone looks "faded" or not to you isn't important, that's not how you judge a fight.

You judge a fight based on strikes and or takedowns landed, and if those are equal, you judge it on control.

That's it.
In round 2 my count after watching it 10 times is Reyes up 2 strikes while Jones maintaining forward pressure more than half the round and landing arguably the crisper shots. Basically a toss up round. Couple that with Reyes fading at the end due to Jones pressure and Jones making him miss BADLY in the second round in particular. That is how I scored the fight. Basically a draw in which the challenger did not do enough to take home gold and nobody got their ass kicked. One man looked like he was done by the end and guess who it wasnt. AND STILL

In round 2 my count after watching it 10 times is Reyes up 2 strikes while Jones maintaining forward pressure more than half the round and landing arguably the crisper shots. Basically a toss up round. Couple that with Reyes fading at the end due to Jones pressure and Jones making him miss BADLY in the second round in particular. That is how I scored the fight. Basically a draw in which the challenger did not do enough to take home gold and nobody got their ass kicked. One man looked like he was done by the end and guess who it wasnt. AND STILL

A draw would have been ok, definitely better than a Jones win.

Reyes landed 5 more strikes than Jon Jones and landed the bigger strikes in round 2. Plus he had Jon literally running with his back turned for a good 20 seconds in that round.

Misses don't count in MMA like they do in boxing. If we're counting misses, then Reyes stuffing Jones takedowns attempts and standing up right away should also score in his favor.

Not sure why you are reiterating that he looked "done", when like I said, that is completely subjective and irrelevant. There is no way to measure that. especially since no one is arguing that Jon lost 5. There is no way to score whether he was "done" or "wilting", so its completely irrelevant, and subjective.

He lost the first 3, and if you look at the polls 80% of people agree.

A draw would have been ok, definitely better than a Jones win.

Reyes landed 5 more strikes than Jon Jones and landed the bigger strikes in round 2. Plus he had Jon literally running with his back turned for a good 20 seconds in that round.

Misses don't count in MMA like they do in boxing. If we're counting misses, then Reyes stuffing Jones takedowns attempts and standing up right away should also score in his favor.

Not sure why you are reiterating that he looked "done", when like I said, that is completely subjective and irrelevant. There is no way to measure that. especially since no one is arguing that Jon lost 5. There is no way to score whether he was "done" or "wilting", so its completely irrelevant, and subjective.

He lost the first 3, and if you look at the polls 80% of people agree.
No I want you to rewatch round 2 and give your own official strike count. Reyes absolutely did not vastly outstrike Jones or land any more meaningful shots. Even the shots he did land were partially blocked. I'm talking good hard clean shots. It is RAZOR thin. The round was a toss up. In those rounds I am not shocked AT ALL they go to a champ. You want this so bad to be a major Reyes ass kicking. It's a farce. It was a toss up fight that went to the champ. If that's shocking I dont see how

No I want you to rewatch round 2 and give your own official strike count. Reyes absolutely did not vastly outstrike Jones or land any more meaningful shots. Even the shots he did land were partially blocked. I'm talking good hard clean shots. It is RAZOR thin. The round was a toss up. In those rounds I am not shocked AT ALL they go to a champ. You want this so bad to be a major Reyes ass kicking. It's a farce. It was a toss up fight that went to the champ. If that's shocking I dont see how

I might be wrong but didn't he land that huge uppercut in round 2? If he did, that should pretty much seal it.

I might be wrong but didn't he land that huge uppercut in round 2? If he did, that should pretty much seal it.
The most meaningful moment of Round 2 was Jones making Reyes whiff on a 12 punch combo. There were a couple good punches both ways but that's about it. A straight up toss up round that definitely shouldnt be used as a key factor for a belt to change hands IMHO

The most meaningful moment of Round 2 was Jones making Reyes whiff on a 12 punch combo. There were a couple good punches both ways but that's about it. A straight up toss up round that definitely shouldnt be used as a key factor for a belt to change hands IMHO

Making someone miss doesn't score points in MMA, just like Reyes looking tired doesn't score points for Jones. So that can't be the most meaningful moment of round 2, because it didn't score anything.

This is a sport at the end of the day. Its a game and the judging criteria are clearly defined. Every fight should be judged the same, whether there is a belt on the line or not.

Reyes outlanded him and had him literally running away in that round.

At best it's a draw TBH.
They had eachother running, they just did it differently. Don't just point out Jones to suit your agenda. Close fight that should be a draw, either way you'll be upset because Reyes doesn't get the belt

Making someone miss doesn't score points in MMA, just like Reyes looking tired doesn't score points for Jones. So that can't be the most meaningful moment of round 2, because it didn't score anything.

This is a sport at the end of the day. Its a game and the judging criteria are clearly defined. Every fight should be judged the same, whether there is a belt on the line or not.
Whether you believe in the championship round theory or you have to beat the champ convincingly theory is irrelevant. Completely irrelevant. Being as they are realities of perception in combat sports who gives a shit if we like or dont like it. If you truly want Reyes to win possibly message him and tell him dont fade in championship rounds even though you dont like the phrase. I never said I gave points to Jones for defense. It was the few strokes of magnificent skill in that round I saw. Other than that it was pretty forgettable on both parts.

Whether you believe in the championship round theory or you have to beat the champ convincingly theory is irrelevant. Completely irrelevant. Being as they are realities of perception in combat sports who gives a shit if we like or dont like it. If you truly want Reyes to wins possibly message him and tell him dont fade in championship rounds even though you dont like the phrase. I never said I gave points to Jones for defense. It was the few strokes of magnificent skill in that round I saw. Other than that it was pretty forgettable on both parts.

I don't give a shit whether Reyes or Jones wins, I just care about proper scoring.

If Jones deserves the win, I certainly don't want to see him robbed, just like I didn't like seeing Reyes robbed.

They had eachother running, they just did it differently. Don't just point out Jones to suit your agenda. Close fight that should be a draw, either way you'll be upset because Reyes doesn't get the belt

I don't give a shit about who gets the belt, I just want fair, proper scoring.

Fighting on the backfoot and counterstriking is not the same as turning your back and running.

I dont think any assbeating occurred whatsoever for either. I also have round 2 a toss up and Dom wilting at the end. I have it a draw and if pushed against a wall in a draw to crown a winner I 100% understand why it leans towards the champ
That second round is not a toss up. Reyes landed more and he landed better shots. At the end he had some of his best connections. (Also, winning the end of the round doesn't get you the round. Getting beat up for four minutes and winning the last one means you lost the round.)
Bones deserved to lose this fight, we all know it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back