Rewatched on mute. Beniel won against MJ

Did you actually look at fight metric???

Beneil landed more head strikes in every round. Head strikes will ALWAYS count more than body. Period.

He literally landed 1 more head strike in the first round. And he got knocked down.

1 knockdown will ALWAYS count more than 1 punch that does nothing. He landed 2 more head strikes in round 2; hardly a sign of dominance. If you're going to use that argument, it'd have to be more unbalanced than 1 and 2 strikes extra. That's ludicrous to say 2 strikes outweighs literally 20 fucking body and leg kicks.

Was the commentary causing the Fightmetric people to hallucinate and have MJ outstriking BD in the first two rounds?

Counting significant strikes is such horseshit though. People on here bitch about the judges but think nothing about automatically buying some counting nerd's judgement over what's a significant strike. If anything, Fightmetric makes the fight look way closer than all the armchair experts claiming MJ easily won.

http://fightmetric.com/fight-details/d4e98b827e3d6918

Most of MJ's significant strikes, 58% were body shots while most of Dariush's significant strikes were head shots, 69%.

MJ landed a grand total of 9 more strikes over 3 rounds.

I don't know how you can justify Dariush winning the first or the second round. The judges and TS got Garcia'd.

I think you've got it backwards. Since MJ was repeatedly punching air while maintaining a high volume, it was he who looked a lot more like Garcia.

Just seen it.

Thought they each won a round for sure, Johnson the first, and Benial the third.

If I had to pick who won the second I'd probably say Johnson, but a 10-10 score would probably be more appropriate, and a 10-9 for Benial would have been debatable but not the worst robbery I've seen.

I'd say they were about even overall, Johnson was better early on and Benial finished stronger.

He literally landed 1 more head strike in the first round. And he got knocked down.

1 knockdown will ALWAYS count more than 1 punch that does nothing. He landed 2 more head strikes in round 2; hardly a sign of dominance. If you're going to use that argument, it'd have to be more unbalanced than 1 and 2 strikes extra. That's ludicrous to say 2 strikes outweighs literally 20 fucking body and leg kicks.

I am not sure what the judges gave BD the round on 1 or 2, but I think they give the least credit to body shots and more to leg kicks in general.

Anyone have the judges card or know what round BD was given?

ok, I have to actually go back and watch this fight on dvr. fucking fight companion was too distracting.

Just seen it.

Thought they each won a round for sure, Johnson the first, and Benial the third.

If I had to pick who won the second I'd probably say Johnson, but a 10-10 score would probably be more appropriate, and a 10-9 for Benial would have been debatable but not the worst robbery I've seen.

I'd say they were about even overall, Johnson was better early on and Benial finished stronger.

That's pretty much what I saw. I was rooting for MJ but as the fight wore on I felt like he was blowing it. Dariush was more accurate and I saw MJ whiffing and hitting air a lot. He was throwing from so far outside (to protect against takedowns) he was coming up short on most everything he threw. He was landing on Dariush's arms and landing glancing body shots while more of Dariush's significant strikes were to the head.

Agreed. People get so up in arms around here when it's a close decision. They get so easily influenced by the biased commentary.

I'm convinced that most people on Shitdog don't even watch the fights. They just talk shit.

https://twitter.com/sportsbetcomau

So this betting site is giving out money it doesn't have to why?

:icon_lol:

Some of you have literally no idea how to score a fight, or what the judging criteria is

Never understood the "rewatched on mute" shit.

Just seen it.

In PRIDE scoring, BD would have won, so their it is. they were judging the fight overall and BD finished strong and had the most lop sided round while the others were close.

:p

Never understood the whole "rewatched on mute" shit.

What's so hard to understand? The idea is people are swayed by biased commentary. The commentary in that fight was about as one-sided as it gets. I laughed out loud at one point when the announcers were praising MJ's ability to gauge distances while he was coming up short on most of his punches.

Pretty sure everyone in the crowd booing didn't listen to the commentary.

What's so hard to understand? The idea is people are swayed by biased commentary. The commentary in that fight was about as one-sided as it gets. I laughed out loud at one point when the announcers were praising MJ's ability to gauge distances while he was coming up short on most of his punches.

I get the concept...Just don't understand why someone can't decide who won the fight even with horrible commentary.

If you can't decide who won just because someone is talking in the background then your opinion probably shouldn't matter anyway.

Got it, so you know MJ won but are upset about the commentary so you're giving it to Beneil.

I watched the fight on mute live, and it wasn't even close. I picked and was rooting for Beneil, but MJ clearly won.

It was so obvious that Australian betting sites paid the people who bet on MJ because they couldn't rob the fans like the judges did. They are paying people that they don't have to because the decision was that bad. AFAIK that's never happened before. That's how bad this decision was

https://twitter.com/sportsbetcomau

I get the concept...Just don't understand why someone can't decide who won the fight even with horrible commentary.

If you can't decide who won just because someone is talking in the background then your opinion probably shouldn't matter anyway.
If a commentator is screaming every time someone lands a glancing blow, but ignores every time the other guy lands a clean shot, you're going to think the first guy is winning. It's suggestion, succumbing to suggestion doesn't mean you're mentally weak or stupid or whatever you're trying to suggest.

If a commentator is screaming every time someone lands a glancing blow, but ignores every time the other guy lands a clean shot, you're going to think the first guy is winning. It's suggestion, succumbing to suggestion doesn't mean you're mentally weak or stupid or whatever you're trying to suggest.

So if I tell you a shit sandwich is really a turkey sandwich, are you gonna eat it? Or do I have to scream it at you a few times first?

Yeah except MJ outstruck Dariush 35 to 22 in sig strikes in r2, stuffed all 4 takedowns and controlled the octagon for almost the entire round. Maybe you need the comments to actually know whats really going on man.
THIS

Also I'm tired of the rewatched on mute bullshit. If you can not tell what you are seeing for yourself because an announcer is being biased then you don't know the sport well enough to have an opinion. There are bias commentators in every sport.

Back