Rewatched on mute. Beniel won against MJ

Mel0100199

White Belt
Reaction score
Let me just say that it was NOT A ROBBERY. The commentary was VERY bias for Michael Johnson. The most controversial round being round 2, I think Beniel actually landed the better strikes in round 2 which is what the judges saw. MJ missed most of his strikes and was focused on stuffing the takedown, he didn't actually score any real points in round 2 unlike Beniel. Try rewatch round 2 on mute yourself.

29-28 either way was fine. People love to scream robbery though lol. The term is kind of a joke now. See the above poster.

29-28 either way was fine. People love to scream robbery though lol. The term is kind of a joke now. See the above poster.

Dariush did absolutely nothing for the first two rounds, but he clearly won the third round. Robbery.

Agreed. People get so up in arms around here when it's a close decision. They get so easily influenced by the biased commentary.

I'm convinced that most people on Shitdog don't even watch the fights. They just talk shit.

I had it 29-28 MJ, not a complete robbery but I think it was a bad decision. Either way, I wasn't too impressed by MJ.

Dariush did absolutely nothing for the first two rounds, but he clearly won the third round. Robbery.

The 2nd round Dariush actually won imo. The bias in the commentary after Dariush got his takedowns stuff skewed the viewpoint of it despite landing the better strikes. On first viewing i actually thought MJ won and was surprised when Dariush got the decision. Rewatching the 2nd round on mute justified the judges decision and i can see why the judges gave the 2nd to Dariush

The 2nd round Dariush actually won imo. The bias in the commentary after Dariush got his takedowns stuff skewed the viewpoint of it despite landing the better strikes. On first viewing i actually thought MJ won and was surprised when Dariush got the decision. Rewatching the 2nd round on mute justified the judges decision and i can see why the judges gave the 2nd to Dariush

Yeah except MJ outstruck Dariush 35 to 22 in sig strikes in r2, stuffed all 4 takedowns and controlled the octagon for almost the entire round. Maybe you need the comments to actually know whats really going on man.

Was the commentary causing the Fightmetric people to hallucinate and have MJ outstriking BD in the first two rounds?

Because rewatching fights on mute isn't a joke, right?

MJ won first two rounds, so 29-28.

Judging Criteria
1. Judges are required to determine the winner of a bout that goes to it's full time limit based upon the
following criteria:
-Clean Strikes
-Effective Grappling
-Octagon Control
-Effective Aggressiveness

First two round MJ, clearly. That's why it is considered a robbery.

so according to these white belts, failed td attempts are worth more than stuffing tds

Agreed. People get so up in arms around here when it's a close decision. They get so easily influenced by the biased commentary.

I'm convinced that most people on Shitdog don't even watch the fights. They just talk shit.

if you dont like sherdog why are you here

Was the commentary causing the Fightmetric people to hallucinate and have MJ outstriking BD in the first two rounds?

Did you actually look at fight metric???

Beneil landed more head strikes in every round. Head strikes will ALWAYS count more than body. Period.

I don't know how you can justify Dariush winning the first or the second round. The judges and TS got Garcia'd.

so according to these white belts, failed td attempts are worth more than stuffing tds

In actual judging? yes
defending takedowns is worth absolutely nothing. Have you just begun watching the sport?
This has always been the case and always will be. It is not the opinion of the SD WBs. It is a fact of mma 10 point system judging.

If all a fight was was one guy trying to get a td and the other defending the td, then the guy trying to get a td would win every single fucking time. period.
He is on offense, the other guy was on defense

Ask yourself this, if one guy was swinging punches and the other guy was doing nothing besides blocking the punches and dodging punches, who do you think would win?

A lot of people on here do not understand grappling it seems.

In actual judging? yes
defending takedowns is worth absolutely nothing. Have you just begun watching the sport?
This has always been the case and always will be. It is not the opinion of the SD WBs. It is a fact of mma 10 point system judging.

If all a fight was was one guy trying to get a td and the other defending the td, then the guy trying to get a td would win every single fucking time. period.
He is on offense, the other guy was on defense

Ask yourself this, if one guy was swinging punches and the other guy was doing nothing besides blocking the punches and dodging punches, who do you think would win?

A lot of people on here do not understand grappling it seems.

clearly the guy getting punched since Dariush won.

Actually judges are notorious for awarding rounds to guys who spammed takedowns but didn't complete any.

Never understood the significance of watching with the sound off.

I've I hand you a turd sandwich and tell you it's roast beef, you wouldn't believe me. In the same way surely, if I tell you someone is winning a fight and they aren't, you would make your own decision.

Unless you are entirely incapable of doing so, in which case your evaluation is useless.

Yeah except MJ outstruck Dariush 35 to 22 in sig strikes in r2, stuffed all 4 takedowns and controlled the octagon for almost the entire round. Maybe you need the comments to actually know whats really going on man.

The difference is CLEANER STRIKES. MJ didn't really land most of his strikes clean and most of them missed/blocked. Infact if you look at the round as a whole it was a big pointfighting stalemate that could have gone either way.

Actually judges are notorious for awarding rounds to guys who spammed takedowns but didn't complete any.

Einstein-formal_portrait-35.jpg

Back