Rewatched Aldo vs Edgar

If Frankie wanted to win he shouldnt have fought like a stray dog, begging for scraps with its tail between its legs. His body said defeat from the first round. How is that winning? Your little boy got crushed.

Frankie never gave up, that's for sure, and he pushed the pace for the entire fight, but he simply didn't land enough to earn the victory. Aldo strikes were much more damaging and efficient, and his takedown defense was near-perfect. Frankie was busted up pretty bad, though he does tend to cut easily. Aldo was barely marked.

So I rewatched Aldo vs Edgar today very thoroughly. Some rounds I watched more than once to weigh them as carefully as possible. When I got done I scored the fight 48-47 for Edgar.

In fact I'm very confident you'll come up with the same score if you rewatch it. But only if you watch it with the volume off, it makes all the difference.

Edgar:1,2,3
Aldo:4,5
Rogan:0
Nope...........Aldo won and I am an Edgar fan... I like them both but Aldo was a step ahead and more effective all fight long.

Frankie didn't throw his hat so it must have been a blowout.

Frankie never gave up, that's for sure, and he pushed the pace for the entire fight, but he simply didn't land enough to earn the victory. Aldo strikes were much more damaging and efficient, and his takedown defense was near-perfect. Frankie was busted up pretty bad, though he does tend to cut easily. Aldo was barely marked.

Edgar's nose bleeds from the impact of a cold winter breeze.

Aldo won, though....I'm not arguing otherwise, but I do think the fight was closer than a lot of people make it seem.

Last edited:
Right, that's why Aldo was fresh as a daisy at the end and unmarked, while Frankie was exhausted and busted the fuck up.

Try again when you're sober goofball.
Nf0fzHX.png

Chill, buddy.

Not only did Frankie know that he lost, if you read his coaches comments after, he knew Frankie lost. I really don't get the idea that rogan picks some random bias before a fight, like against Frankie when he was basically picking Frankie to win before the fight. And how you think this effects the judges scoring it, also not listening to his commentary is a mystery to me.

i'm a french canadian and during the fight aldo was just waiting to counter edgar. Edgar was the one who control the octogone and was the one who initiate the exchange. And just saying Patrick cote who is the french comentator of the ufc and a ufc veteran had edgar winning

Damage is scored higher than Octagon control. No-one gives a shit about Octagon control when you are getting countered everytime you step forward to exchange and have a busted up face at the end of it.

Aldo won that one, Frankie even didn't bother complaining this time

As soon as the decision was announced Frankie's body language said it all.

Even Frankie knew Aldo had beat him fair and square.

i'm a french canadian and during the fight aldo was just waiting to counter edgar. Edgar was the one who control the octogone and was the one who initiate the exchange. And just saying Patrick cote who is the french comentator of the ufc and a ufc veteran had edgar winning
If one fighter has an edge in effective striking/grappling then octagon control and aggression are not scored.

Frankie usually blows up when it comes to decisions that don't go his way. His body language this time round even suggested that he knew he had lost.

Its amazing how many people think that moving forward alot and punching the air = controlling the pace.

I rewatched your threads and they're still 50-45 in favor of trolling

Edgar controlled the pace and the whole fight from start to finish. Aldo ran and occasionally hit a counter which shouldn't IMO give anyone a W.

HAHAHAHAHA you fucking retard. Edgar didn't control anything, which is why he was so frustrated which we have NEVER seen Edgar be before. Which is why Edgar clapped at the decision when he has disputed EVERY other decision loss in his career.

Statistically, Edgar covered twice as much distance in this fight than Aldo. Aldo was in clear control, and when you move backwards countering but move less than the aggressor, that means you were in control. Can't find stats like that for a Cruz fight or Condit/Nick, it's the defender that moves twice the distance in those fights.

As they say on heavy hands podcast, Edgar fans are a special breed of nutters

Back