Rewatched Aldo vs Edgar

i'm a french canadian and during the fight aldo was just waiting to counter edgar. Edgar was the one who control the octogone and was the one who initiate the exchange. And just saying Patrick cote who is the french comentator of the ufc and a ufc veteran had edgar winning
Cote the same guy that was murdered a week before? Probably still too concussed to judge any fights

Here's an objective statistical fact: Frankie Edgars "distance covered" stat shows he moved TWICE as much as Aldo. Completely unheard of that the aggressor moves a longer distance than the defender, and yet Edgar moved more than twice the distance of Aldo. He was not controlling anything, which is why both him and his coach 100% accepted the loss.

Cote the same guy that was murdered a week before? Probably still too concussed to judge any fights

Here's an objective statistical fact: Frankie Edgars "distance covered" stat shows he moved TWICE as much as Aldo. Completely unheard of that the aggressor moves a longer distance than the defender, and yet Edgar moved more than twice the distance of Aldo. He was not controlling anything, which is why both him and his coach 100% accepted the loss.
You sound like an Aldo nuthugger. Try being objective for once.

You sound like an Aldo nuthugger. Try being objective for once.

Frankie and his team knew he lost.

I'm sure he appreciates that you're still crying about it though.

Edgar fans keep him way more relevant than he is.

He got lit up and had nothing for Aldo.

Rogan was incredibly biased in that fight

But I think aldo won anyway it was just a lot closer than he made out

So I rewatched Aldo vs Edgar today very thoroughly. Some rounds I watched more than once to weigh them as carefully as possible. When I got done I scored the fight 48-47 for Edgar.

In fact I'm very confident you'll come up with the same score if you rewatch it. But only if you watch it with the volume off, it makes all the difference.

Edgar:1,2,3
Aldo:4,5
Rogan:0
Did you watch the fight with your eyes closed as well?

oSio5k5.png

Ah, I sadly saw it Aldo. I say Sadly because I think Connor was his Matt Sara. Now we entern the "Play-it-safe" era of his fights style. Sit back in the pocket and counter EVERYHING. He did this some before, but now it seems all he wants to do.

Frankie and his team knew he lost.

I'm sure he appreciates that you're still crying about it though.
I don't care about Edgar and if he wins or loses, but you guys take delusional nuthugging to another level.

I don't care about Edgar and if he wins or loses, but you guys take delusional nuthugging to another level.
It's not "delusional nuthugging" to think a guy that clearly won a fight, won the fight. Everyone knew he won. Dana, Rogan, Frankie, Frankies coach, Frankies mom knew.

It's delusional nuthugging to be a creepy finnish computer nerd with a McGregor hard on and no other interest in the sport tho.

image.jpeg

lol, 49-46 Aldo easy. I tried to warn all the morons that thought Frankie was going to win that Aldo was going to dominate but they didn't want to listen.

0/11 takedowns LOL.

I think Aldo won it. That's how I saw it. And I'm highly educated and all.

Edgar controlled the pace and the whole fight from start to finish. Aldo ran and occasionally hit a counter which shouldn't IMO give anyone a W.
What do you think about Frankies takedowns?

Ah, I sadly saw it Aldo. I say Sadly because I think Connor was his Matt Sara. Now we entern the "Play-it-safe" era of his fights style. Sit back in the pocket and counter EVERYHING. He did this some before, but now it seems all he wants to do.

Yeah but Matt Serra got a fluke win and got destroyed in the rematch by GSP. Aldo will get KOed by Conor again.

It's not "delusional nuthugging" to think a guy that clearly won a fight, won the fight. Everyone knew he won. Dana, Rogan, Frankie, Frankies coach, Frankies mom knew.

It's delusional nuthugging to be a creepy finnish computer nerd with a McGregor hard on and no other interest in the sport tho.
YadUoJA.gif

I am a fan of both guys.
You can look at my history that I said and repeated I was rooting for Frankie.

I wanted him to win with all my heart!

But he lost that fight. Badly.
He probably expected an aggressive Aldo. He had NOTHING for the counter-puncher Aldo.

Both things surprised me.

but there is no surprise in the fact ALdo dominated that fight.

Back