Rewatched Aldo vs Edgar

Macalpinerules

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I rewatched Aldo vs Edgar today very thoroughly. Some rounds I watched more than once to weigh them as carefully as possible. When I got done I scored the fight 48-47 for Edgar.

In fact I'm very confident you'll come up with the same score if you rewatch it. But only if you watch it with the volume off, it makes all the difference.

Edgar:1,2,3
Aldo:4,5
Rogan:0

Nope.
Im in Korea and watch the fights for free on tv here.
Cant hear Rogan at all..it's some Korean commentators. Aldo won

154.gif

You scored first 3 rds for Edgar ?

It was a good fight, not the greatest fight ever, but Aldo clearly had the upper hand the entire time. I think their first fight was closer than the second. Aldo won the second one easily.

Edgar controlled the pace and the whole fight from start to finish. Aldo ran and occasionally hit a counter which shouldn't IMO give anyone a W.

Go home...

If you thought Edgar won that fight, which Frankie himself knew he lost, you're drunk.

First three rounds really could have gone either way, but the last two rounds were clearly Aldo's. I personally thought Edgar edged rounds 1,2,3 when I watched it live, but I can easily see why they gave it to Aldo. Edgar's corner let him down in that fight—they failed to adjust.

Last edited:
It was a good fight, not the greatest fight ever, but Aldo clearly had the upper hand the entire time. I think their first fight was closer than the second. Aldo won the second one easily.

I think 48-47 is a fair score for both of their matches, in favor of Aldo.

1st fight Aldo 1,2,3
2nd fight Aldo 2,3,4,5

I can see giving Aldo four rounds, but honestly I thought round three was the round people would give to Edgar for sure.

Like I said earlier: rounds 1,2,3 are mystery rounds when it comes to scoring.

i'm a french canadian and during the fight aldo was just waiting to counter edgar. Edgar was the one who control the octogone and was the one who initiate the exchange. And just saying Patrick cote who is the french comentator of the ufc and a ufc veteran had edgar winning

So I rewatched Aldo vs Edgar today very thoroughly. Some rounds I watched more than once to weigh them as carefully as possible. When I got done I scored the fight 48-47 for Edgar.

In fact I'm very confident you'll come up with the same score if you rewatch it. But only if you watch it with the volume off, it makes all the difference.

Edgar:1,2,3
Aldo:4,5
Rogan:0

Nah, if you watch properly you see Aldo wins 3 of the rounds handily and a 4th is close but still Aldo's.

Although Edgar missed a lot more, the two guys actually landed a fairly similar amount, but Aldo's carried significantly more sting, and effective striking is the name of the game.

Edgar controlled the pace and the whole fight from start to finish. Aldo ran and occasionally hit a counter which shouldn't IMO give anyone a W.

Right, that's why Aldo was fresh as a daisy at the end and unmarked, while Frankie was exhausted and busted the fuck up.

Try again when you're sober goofball.

Back