• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Review: Ross Enamait's Infinite Intensity

I love II. I read it though in one sitting and always read it when I'm on the John (i need some visually stimulating). I've tried a lot of the workouts but havent actually started the 50 day program yet. I will soon however!

I have a question.

What kind of equipment does this book require?

I dont have access to kettle bells and the "free space" in my gym is rather limited. So can someone talk about what is required to do Ross's programs?

Do we need sandbags? Do we need the rubber weights for olympic lifts, or do normal iron plates work? stuff like that is what i'd like to know.

thanks,
Lopy

If you got an adjustable dumbell and somewhere to do pullups (a sturdy tree branch for instance) you will do great with it. It touches briefly on sandbags but for that you are better of with finding an ex of his old sandbag/gpp book... So the answer is dont worry and just order;)

^^^^ you convinced me. i cant wait till it gets here.

i have dumbells at the gym and pull up bars at the gym.

I seriously want to buy this book. Lack of money is a bitch.

Lopyswine said:
^^^^ you convinced me. i cant wait till it gets here.

i have dumbells at the gym and pull up bars at the gym.

for II if you have dumbells of different weights and a pull up bar then you are basically set. you can build a sandbag for cheap and if you are willing to spend a couple more bucks then pick up a sledge hammer for some conditioning drills. i picked up a sledge from home depot for 20 bucks and got a free truck tire from les schwab. it is a hell of a workout. i put together a sandbag for more conditioning drills for maybe 20 bucks too. i can add weight to it all the way up to 120 lbs. but i don't think i'll ever need that much since i'm not a very big guy.

these things are optional of course but i figured what the hell. dont forget that Never Gymless is designed for those that don't have access to equipment so look at that book too. i ordered both.

have fun man.

Mickey's said:
I seriously want to buy this book. Lack of money is a bitch.

its like 30 bucks, that's pretty cheap. of course, when i was a student (i don't know if you are) i remember not wanting to spend money either.

I got the book and 2 days later I was done!!!

When it comes to a question of whether or not to spend the money... I would say the advice and education you get from this book is that of an EXTREMELY well paid personal trainer.

DO IT - I LOVE IT!!

I'll second, third, whatever this concensus. Infinite Intensity is great. The one-armed push-ups for the core are insane hard(for me now anyway). WELL worth the money and time to read- don't just look at the pics. Lots of great info.

Amazing book, recommend it highly. The 50 day plan is brutal but fun in some sort of pain-loving way.

ludichris said:
Will this hold the same value to someone who is interested in pure MMA - grappling AND boxing - not just boxing??

I know there are some workouts that can indirectly impair your abilities in regards to grappling. I am pretty close to ordering this book regardless to the answer to my question.

The book is amazing. I ordered II a week after it came out having bought most of Ross's pervious works. You will no doubt benefit from the book. Another thing is like a scholarly book, Ross includes a bibliography for all huis sources, so if you ever want to expand your understanding of the theory behind the routine you can do that too.

Satisfied customer update:

Now on day 17 of the programme, although it's been about 23 days since I started it, with rest days and other stuff.

On January 24th I tried 100m wind sprints and managed 3 in a row before I had to lie down, and did singles with static rest in between, up to about 15x100m. Today I opted for a little St. Valentine's day massacre and tried them again, and went for 8 straight sprints with jogging rest, stopped for a minute to get some breath, then carried on with the other 2. Finished the 5x50m, then went and did another 10x100m for a laugh.

Not sure how 100m sprints measure up for indicating anaerobic conditioning (although I imagine they are a very good acid test), but, yeah, the system works.

I just started the Infinite Intensity 50 day workout and got my ass kicked but love it. Work Capacity 101 is hell. Plain and simple, but a great workout.

I really am tempted to get Infinite Intensity but I want to absolutely be able to dominate Never Gymless first.

This book is truly great, I think the magic 50 is the most brutal soo far. Looking forward to the fast and the furious.

I might pick up a copy of never gymless. even though i hate/suck at cardio. still a good read im sure.

Right now the 50 day work out is too much for me.

But I working up to it.

I have learned so much from NG.

Back