No Spoilers Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree DLC

Fromsoft needs to update their engine again. The dlc is pretty and all but their graphics are so last gen now.
The waterfalls look like they're from the ps2 Era when you get up close lol

There has been some bullshit areas in this DLC so far, but the Stone Coffin Fissure is some next level bullshit.

wow. i'm just googling it now and theres alot of people saying the difficulty is way too hard and shit, even after they've breezed through the game several times and shit.

they are basically calling it one-shot city.

there's been a spike of refunds too.

i'm looking forward to giving it a go. maybe. i guess. we'll see how it goes.

i'm actually stoked to start anew. i'm gonna see how far i can push without my mimic tear. with the exception of melenia because fuck that dirty whore.
Now you can have 2 things to cry about after you get oiled up tomorrow.

Yes, unfortunately you now have to learn movesets, timing, etc.

One might even say you have to, git gud.

If someone is Lvl248 in base Elden Ring its safe to say they 'got gud.'

The question is if the difficulty of the expansion is unresonably tough, even by FromSoft standards.

The question is if the difficulty of the expansion is unresonably tough, even by FromSoft standards.

Being level 248 absolutely does NOT mean a person “got gud”. It’s incredibly easy to farm runes and level up in Elden Ring. If anything being that high level means a person never “got gud” and needed to be grossly over leveled just to be able to hang in the base game. I’ve done four characters in Elden Ring so far and the last three in a row I consciously decided to stop leveling up at 125 in order to add to the challenge.

As for whether or not this dlc is more difficult than other dlc for From’s game my answer is no, it’s not. I found the Old Hunters for Bloodborne significantly harder right out of the gate, with the most basic enemies absolutely rocking my shit immediately.

Made some good progress today and uncovered a bunch of the map. Looks like I have 1 last map piece to uncover the full map.

Finished up for the day after killing Putrescent Knight. Cool fight other than a couple of cheap attacks that took me a while to figure out how to dodge such a wide area of damage.

Rellana down finally. Where to next? The castle with the fire basket giant or the valley of death looking path beyond the bonfire with the scadu cross?

There's an npc at the bonfire but he won't talk to me. Do I need to wear something specific or just come back later?

I'm at the last boss already. Beat some stuff out of sequence and missed all the optional content. I'm only Scad 9 so I def need to go explore more

Messmer down, moonveil OP
I took him down dual wielding the Moonveil and Meteoric Ore Blade. I also used Glintstone Icecrag with Carian Regal Scepter when fire a spell felt safe. Was a shit boss fight. I've given up hope at seeing a traditional Souls boss and gotta accept From prefers to make boss's do long anime bullshit combos with small windows to attacks. I really hate how much time is spent watching and dodging these over tuned moves.

Rellana down finally. Where to next? The castle with the fire basket giant or the valley of death looking path beyond the bonfire with the scadu cross?

There's an npc at the bonfire but he won't talk to me. Do I need to wear something specific or just come back later?
At the bonfire, use "May the best win" emote

It’s not at all.

People were making insanely overpowered characters. Like @Zazen said, it’s a reset for the DLC. I’m doing just fine at level 170.

He came back when I rested at the bonfire so I used your emote. That was very cool. Have you tried the item yet?

Back