• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Requel Pennington is a bland challenger and average fighter

She sucks, there is nothing remarkable about her at all. Having her fight for a title is a sure sign of a dead division
Her last win was a decisive win over a one-fight-removed champ.

I'm not saying she's taking the division by storm but she is a worthy title challenger. Y'all are silly.

Can't do shit to Amanda, but my bet is that she'll hang in there longer than Rousey, Tate, McMann, Baszler and GDR combined. Not much longer tho, fight should be over by the 3rd or early 4th.

Her record is averge 9-5. Split decision against Holm, Correia, but she beat Miesha. Is she any chance against Nunes? Maybe she improved in last years?
Reminds me of Brad Tavares. Good fighter, nothing exceptional.

A bland champion vs. a bland challenger makes a bland main event for a bland card.

Nunes is the hardest hitting chick in the division, probably all of wmma except for Cyborg. Why on earth would you call her bland?

Her last win was a decisive win over a one-fight-removed champ.

I'm not saying she's taking the division by storm but she is a worthy title challenger. Y'all are silly.
Naw she is the beneficiary of a bad division. One impressive finish and a ton of boring decisions

Sherdog is hyping up Requel Pennington as some breakthrough contender instead of a average fighter with little finishing ability. She would not be afforded the respect sherdog by she was a guy.
If she was able to finish Tate, that would be a different story but her fights are boring decisions with the occasional choke
The fight game isn't about finishing fighters. It's about winning. That's where your argument should stop. If we are talking about fan popularity...ok maybe you have a point. But the name of the game is can you go out and beat your opponent in any way imaginable. GSP is considered one of the goats (I agree)....how many fights in his career went to decision? See how that sounds....

Nunes is the hardest hitting chick in the division, probably all of wmma except for Cyborg. Why on earth would you call her bland?
Bro some people you just can't please. There's no good fighter to some folks, even if we are talking about the best fighter. It's a limitation of the mind that some people have. It's the same type of person who fusses about everything at the restaurant. The tea isn't sweet enough, there's not enough ice in my drink, my silverware has a speck on it. You know...those type people.

division is halfdead, Raquel is ok fighter for wmma standards, good win streak, some nice finishes in past - bulldog choke was really sweet, yeah but 135 lbs is not really that good, and probably never was, and you can see it by looking at postRonda stats, rarely part of ppv cards

The fight game isn't about finishing fighters. It's about winning. That's where your argument should stop. If we are talking about fan popularity...ok maybe you have a point. But the name of the game is can you go out and beat your opponent in any way imaginable. GSP is considered one of the goats (I agree)....how many fights in his career went to decision? See how that sounds....
If mma was all about winning people would want kamaru Usman to fight for the interim belt but at least Usman can wrestle. Pennington is good at nothing which is why Joe Rogan has to overplay the she's tough narrative. Gsp has had dominant performances and some performances over the best competition. Requel Pennington is a poor man's Benson Henderson

Only recent losses are to top contenders Holm and Andrade in decisions that could have gone either way.

She's showing very good improvement the way a fighter should by coming back to beat Andrade and beat Tate, who beat Holly.

Rocky is a pretty big underdog on here but it wouldn't be surprising if she won.

If mma was all about winning people would want kamaru Usman to fight for the interim belt but at least Usman can wrestle. Pennington is good at nothing which is why Joe Rogan has to overplay the she's tough narrative. Gsp has had dominant performances and some performances over the best competition. Requel Pennington is a poor man's Benson Henderson
Again we are not talking about fan popularity. We are talking about the ability to win fights-as it pertains to the TS. I'm not saying Raquel is like a dominant champion by no means, but she's proven she's above average and has lately been on a good winning streak. An average women fighter in the UFC would be Kailan Curran. But ok man I mean ultimately we will see who wins Sat. If Raquel wins will your narrative change?

Zero interest in Rocky vs Nunes. Nunes will destroy her. Lame main event.

Again we are not talking about fan popularity. We are talking about the ability to win fights-as it pertains to the TS. I'm not saying Raquel is like a dominant champion by no means, but she's proven she's above average and has lately been on a good winning streak. An average women fighter in the UFC would be Kailan Curran. But ok man I mean ultimately we will see who wins Sat. If Raquel wins will your narrative change?
Kailin Curran was 1-6 in the ufc, thats bad.
My take on Requel: A boring gatekeeper benefitting from the worst division being given a title shot(she was served up to Holly holm when she entered the ufc) and being called tough because she isnt good in any aspects of mma
If Requel wins: I would be happy to admit I am wrong, I'll make a post

Atleast mo vs bader is on to flip back a forth too. Makes the night a little bit better

Kailin Curran was 1-6 in the ufc, thats bad.
My take on Requel: A boring gatekeeper benefitting from the worst division being given a title shot(she was served up to Holly holm when she entered the ufc) and being called tough because she isnt good in any aspects of mma
If Requel wins: I would be happy to admit I am wrong, I'll make a post
Fair enough

pennington-chokes-out-evans-smith.gif

Back