International Republicans and Democrats differ in how they feel support should be given to Ukraine vs Israel

GolovKing

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It seems that Republicans and Democrats differ in that one side is more like to be a Russia apologist while the other is more likely to be an apologist for Palestine/Hamas. On a similar note one side is viewing Israel with more suspicion while the other views Ukraine with the same suspicion.

For the most part it seems to be that establishment Democrats and Republicans are supporting aid to both while Trump Republicans are not supporting aid to Ukraine and certain progressive Democrats are not supporting aid to israel.

So for Republicans who are not in favor of supporting Ukraine but are in favor of supporting Israel, would you say that it truly is an issue of money or do they simply not wish to take sides as they don't see one side as good or bad and don't view Russia as an imminent threat? For Democrats who support Ukraine but not Israel I think it's fairly obvious that it is not a money issue but rather an issue of them viewing Israel as an oppressive country, and progressive Democrats are less likely to have any interest in preserving judeo-christianity

I don't want a blank check written to either country. You can give some initial help, or go to war ourselves if you think you'd have the support for it, but they don't because they wouldn't, so they just spend piles of your money and mine to keep it going indefinitely instead of getting their own hands dirty.

It's either our war or it's not. If you wouldn't support sending American soldiers to either place, it's pretty shitty to pretend to be virtuous to support keeping other people at war indefinitely.

I think they're different situations. Israel was never in danger of having they're territory taken over by Hamas. They beat back the attack within 48 hours and now have complete control of the conflict.

Ukraine is being invaded by a major world power and was in real danger of falling and giving Russia territory knocking on the door of western Europe.

In Ukraine the aid seems to be having a direct effect on hampering the Russians

In Israel it seems more symbolic.

Last edited:
The Palestinian movement, BDS or whatever form it may take, is embedded in leftism worldwide, so much so that to not support it is tantamount to betraying the cause, losing one’s leftist card. It is deeply tied to academia, and I have seen it on campuses around the world, because it has been romanticized and the critique of Israel’s very real crimes is part of a critique of American imperialism (capitalism). I have never bought into it, for a bunch of reasons which are obvious. It is, of course, part of the naive aspect of both American liberalism and leftism, that people in struggle are on your side. The problem is, secularism has dwindled, and many of the people you blindly support, like the people with the ‘by any means necessary’ signs, would take away your freedom if given the chance — would be terrible neighbors. So, progressives coming out of this tradition are going to give murky support (talking about mainstream politicians).

As far as the right-wing Ukraine stuff, it comes out of internet postings and because Trump told them to be that way.

It seems that Republicans and Democrats differ in that one side is more like to be a Russia apologist while the other is more likely to be an apologist for Palestine/Hamas. On a similar note one side is viewing Israel with more suspicion while the other views Ukraine with the same suspicion.

For the most part it seems to be that establishment Democrats and Republicans are supporting aid to both while Trump Republicans are not supporting aid to Ukraine and certain progressive Democrats are not supporting aid to israel.

So for Republicans who are not in favor of supporting Ukraine but are in favor of supporting Israel, would you say that it truly is an issue of money or do they simply not wish to take sides as they don't see one side as good or bad and don't view Russia as an imminent threat? For Democrats who support Ukraine but not Israel I think it's fairly obvious that it is not a money issue but rather an issue of them viewing Israel as an oppressive country, and progressive Democrats are less likely to have any interest in preserving judeo-christianity

Republicans: potential apologists for Russia and potentially the most staunch supporters of Israel

Democrats: potentially the most staunch supporters of Ukraine and potentially more sympathetic to Palestinians

If that's the parallel you're drawing, I think the implications are obvious: Republicans just side with whoever has the most power, Democrats back the side that has the least power.

I actually think that would be a fair assessment.

I'm labeled a Right winger on Ukraine/Russia and a Left winger on Palestine/Israel. Go figure.

Political ideologies are stupid, have your own opinions.

On Ukraine somehow the left completely ignores the plight of the Eastern Ukrainians and what they've been subjected to from the Ukrainian government. They act like this wasn't even happening. That doesn't mean I support Russia's tactics, just like I don't support the tactics of Hamas.

Last edited:
It seems that Republicans and Democrats differ in that one side is more like to be a Russia apologist while the other is more likely to be an apologist for Palestine/Hamas.

Russia is more of an equivalent to Israel here. The powerful militaristic nation asserting control over their weaker neighbor.

We had a strong hand in the start of the Russia / Ukraine War. Also, we can end the Russia / Ukraine War quickly, we don't want to, we want the huge spend and a bunch of corrupt politicians and easily influenced Americans are all in. It's as if critical thinking is not allowed. (We end it with an aggressive energy policy that crushes the price of Oil and Natural Gas. Russia's economy is 80%+ dependent on that market.)

Israel was a surprise attack slaughter. Fuck Hamas.

We had a strong hand in the start of the Russia / Ukraine War. Also, we can end the Russia / Ukraine War quickly, we don't want to, we want the huge spend and a bunch of corrupt politicians and easily influenced Americans are all in. It's as if critical thinking is not allowed. (We end it with an aggressive energy policy that crushes the price of Oil and Natural Gas. Russia's economy is 80%+ dependent on that market.)

Israel was a surprise attack slaughter. Fuck Hamas.
Yes, fuck Hamas, but what about Palestinians? Why don't you care about the slaughter they've been subjected to for decades, WITH US funding?

These situations have nuance. You can see it in one of the conflicts but not in the other, seemingly.

Yes, fuck Hamas, but what about Palestinians? Why don't you care about the slaughter they've been subjected to for decades, WITH US funding?

These situations have nuance. You can see it in one of the conflicts but not in the other, seemingly.

War doesn't know nuance.

The Palestinians need to either take out Hamas themselves, get out, or they are in the crossfire. The Ukrainian people fled in mass out of the war zone. I suggest Egypt start building tents. The U.S. $ is used to combat the Iranian $. I saw the videos. It seems that 99% of the Palestinians were all good with the slaughter of babies, rape of women and girls, and mass murder of families as they celebrated in the streets. Either they support Hamas, take out Hamas, or they GTFO, because they voted for those assholes and let them stay in power.

Why have Palestinians always rejected the Two State solution? Going back decades and decades?

Because they want Israel completely wiped out.

War doesn't know nuance.

The Palestinians need to either take out Hamas themselves, get out, or they are in the crossfire. The Ukrainian people fled in mass out of the war zone. I suggest Egypt start building tents. The U.S. $ is used to combat the Iranian $. I saw the videos. It seems that 99% of the Palestinians were all good with the slaughter of babies, rape of women and girls, and mass murder of families as they celebrated in the streets. Either they support Hamas, take out Hamas, or they GTFO, because they voted for those assholes and let them stay in power.
"War doesn't know nuance" is an idiotic statement.

You think US funding of Israel is even remotely near what Iran gives Hamas? Hamas are ants, this is asymmetrical warfare. Palestinians have been getting ethnically cleansed since 1947.

Israeli's celebrate the killing of Palestinians all the time and mock them in the streets just the same. Whole entire families of Palestinians have BEEN getting wiped out for decades. Somehow you only care about one side when it's not even remotely equivalent in numbers.

BTW, you do realize that "40 babies beheaded" story was completely fake, right?

Why have Palestinians always rejected the Two State solution? Going back decades and decades?

Because they want Israel completely wiped out.
Israel wants Palestine completely wiped out. They want a pure Jewish state. I don't know how you could be completely oblivious to this reality.

Russia is more of an equivalent to Israel here. The powerful militaristic nation asserting control over their weaker neighbor.
This post shows no understanding of the Russia vs Ukraine conflict.

A professor predicted that Russia was going to war with Ukraine more than 8 years ago because of US involvement in the region.

This post shows no understanding of the Russia vs Ukraine conflict.

A professor predicted that Russia was going to war with Ukraine more than 8 years ago because of US involvement in the region.

They literally invaded 9 years ago. Great hunch, professor.

Back