Social Republican senator Joni Ernst accuses Republicans of engaging in cancel culture

HOLA

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
“Cancel culture” has become a shibboleth of the modern Republican party, repeatedly invoked when public figures become embroiled in controversy regarding opinions or statements deemed to be racist, sexist or otherwise unacceptable.

The only woman in Republican Senate leadership complained about cancel culture on Monday, regarding the imminent removal of Liz Cheney, the only woman in Republican House leadership, because she opposes Donald Trump’s big lie that the presidential election was stolen.

Joni Ernst: "cancel culture is cancel culture no matter how you look at it."
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...eney-ousting-trump-republicans-cancel-culture

Joni Ernst was a toady for the last 4 years, so it's interesting and surprising to see her come out and say this now. Perhaps the Republican party is more split than people think, but I really don't think so. I think it's just some minor infighting as the Republican leadership makes it crystal clear in what direction they're moving forward. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Republican senators broke into a "lock her up!" chant when they decide to remove Liz Cheney.

Also, I have to say, "cancel culture" has now been overused and misused to the point where it's completely meaningless, just like "fake news" was. The article also mentions the Kentucky Derby winner who doped his horse and was caught. He's now blaming his predicament on "cancel culture." Please stop.

200.gif

Republicans invented and perfected "cancel culture"

The Republicans are trying to clean house on the War Hawks / NeoCons, which is where she falls.

200.gif

Republicans invented and perfected "cancel culture"
Yeah, it's always been gaslighting.

Rape Skunk Pepe Le Pew is being "cancelled" by liberals, apparently. Meanwhile they tried to cancel the 2020 elections.

The Republicans are trying to clean house on the War Hawks / NeoCons, which is where she falls.
This is going to be the line, isn't it? Any Republican who doesn't buy into the election lie will be labeled a "War Hawk/Neo Con" even though someone like Joni Ernst was known as a major Trump sycophant all throughout his presidency.

Liz Cheney is toast because she's speaking out against the election lies. That's all.

The Dr. Suess Company doing the same thing that Warner Bros did in 1968 is apparently cancel culture to these people.

Uh obviously both sides play the cancel culture card when it fits their narrative. Yet you still have retards in here acting like the democrats don't partake in any of this shit. Clowns.

Yeah, it's always been gaslighting.

Rape Skunk Pepe Le Pew is being "cancelled" by liberals, apparently. Meanwhile they tried to cancel the 2020 elections.

Rofl.

Your side tried to cancel the 2016 election results with 2 hilarious epic fail impeachments.

Trump - 2
Pelosi, Waters, Schiff, Nadler etc. - 0

This is going to be the line, isn't it? Any Republican who doesn't buy into the election lie will be labeled a "War Hawk/Neo Con" even though someone like Joni Ernst was known as a major Trump sycophant all throughout his presidency.

Liz Cheney is toast because she's speaking out against the election lies. That's all.

She's a NeoCon. I will lose no sleep over her, it's funny that all you Leftists are butt hurt, but don't say anything about the shit stains of the Democratic Party by the dozens.

Rofl.

Your side tried to cancel the 2016 election results with 2 hilarious epic fail impeachments.

Trump - 2
Pelosi, Waters, Schiff, Nadler etc. - 0
He was impeached twice with good reason, he just wasn't convicted and Joe Biden cancelled the reality tv host on Nov 3 2020 but don't be sad you can always go down to Mar A Lago and worship at the feet of your defeated lord and master.

Uh obviously both sides play the cancel culture card when it fits their narrative. Yet you still have retards in here acting like the democrats don't partake in any of this shit. Clowns.
No one pretends the dems don't partake of it. The Dems are pretty open about doing so. They'll openly say "We don't like what this person said/tweeted/did, please get rid of them." The hypocrisy on this subject has been with the GOP, who have been raising the hue and cry over the Dems while quietly employing the same tactics.

For the record, I don't have a problem with it by either side. I think it accurately reflects group dynamics and freedom of association. If your group doesn't like someone/something then utilizing the power of the crowd in a legal way to affect outcomes is what freedom looks like. I do have a problem with pretending that only one side is doing it and then using that pretense to further drive a wedge between people.

He was impeached twice with good reason, he just wasn't convicted and Joe Biden cancelled the reality tv host on Nov 3 2020 but don't be sad you can always go down to Mar A Lago and worship at the feet of your defeated lord and master.

I'm glad Trump is out, 2024 he will be 78 years old. I'm not a fan of 78 year old Biden, and I'm not a fan of geezers for Presidents.

If I was going to worship at anyone's feet, it would be Ron DeSantis. DeSantis/Scott or Haley is the best ticket the Republicans can run imo. Dumbocrats are so afraid of this, they are already putting out hilariously dishonest hatchet jobs on DeSantis and calling Tim Scott racist names.

If they run Trump again, they are stupid.

No one pretends the dems don't partake of it. The Dems are pretty open about doing so. They'll openly say "We don't like what this person said/tweeted/did, please get rid of them." The hypocrisy on this subject has been with the GOP, who have been raising the hue and cry over the Dems while quietly employing the same tactics.

For the record, I don't have a problem with it by either side. I think it accurately reflects group dynamics and freedom of association. If your group doesn't like someone/something then utilizing the power of the crowd in a legal way to affect outcomes is what freedom looks like. I do have a problem with pretending that only one side is doing it and then using that pretense to further drive a wedge between people.

Oh boy, here we go with the dishonesty again.

Tell me, Mr. Honesty, which "team" is is that routinely "doxxes" people and tries to get them fired from their jobs like it's a sport?

The difference is, GOP cancel culture doesn't try and harass employers into firing people for having different opinions than them, or get their kids kicked out of school.

I'm sure you'll quickly do a google search to find the one time that may have happened. But to pretend it isn't Dumbocrats doing the majority of it is hilariously dishonest at best.

I'm glad Trump is out, 2024 he will be 78 years old. I'm not a fan of 78 year old Biden, and I'm not a fan of geezers for Presidents.

If I was going to worship at anyone's feet, it would be Ron DeSantis. DeSantis/Scott or Haley is the best ticket the Republicans can run imo. Dumbocrats are so afraid of this, they are already putting out hilariously dishonest hatchet jobs on DeSantis and calling Tim Scott racist names.

If they run Trump again, they are stupid.
Ron Desantis is a second rate Trump wanna be even as incompetent as the Democrats are at politics if he runs for POTUS in 2024 they are going to make Trump his unofficial running mate as a result Joe Biden wins a 2nd term easily. As for Scott or Haley they take an even worse beating than Desantis in 2024.

There is a battle going on in the GOP.
You have Donny who wants to be a vindictive King Maker from Mar A Lago, but the problem is Donny cant win a popular vote and polls terrible in battleground states. But Donny has pull in heavily populated GOP areas. Then you also have the fact is Donny is a giant asshole. So privately most of the GOP have complained about him, but typically don't do it publicly because it will hurt you in the primary.
As time goes by, Donny pull will lesson as it has been lately. So you have a couple choices. Let it happen naturally or try and get ahead of the curve. Liz is trying to get ahead of the curve but it will cost her in her re-election. Man Baby Donny will campaign against her.
The GOP will be fascinating to watch, the closer we get to 2022.
This is the part of politics I do like. See how all this plays out.

So cancel culture is real now that we can say a republican did it?

Back