Social Republican senator Joni Ernst accuses Republicans of engaging in cancel culture

Like I said distinction without a difference.

If you refuse to support a company, what happens? Does it lose money? Stop being profitable? Have to fire people? Do they perhaps fire someone to make the boycotters happy?

You're not stupid enough to think that a boycott doesn't ultimately end up hurting people's lives...at least I hope not.

Because when I don't buy a can of Coke, that's the exact same thing as calling someone's employer non-stop, calling their kids schools and encouraging many others to do the same with the goal of getting them fired and their kids kicked out of school.

Exact. Same. Thing.

If anyone ever needed a definition of false equivalence, you just provided it.

tyVjJBt.gif

Maybe if Americans listened more you'd have unobtainable things like safe streets and universal health care - the Utopia you wish and cry for daily on Sherdog, but will never have.

But what do I know, I'm Canadian (and British).

Rofl.

Yes, beautiful Niagara Falls is located smack dab in the middle of the wheat fields of Saskatchewan. Just like how New York City is located in the potato fields of Idaho.

Do they not teach you basic geography in American schools?

Oh, silly me, of course they don't.

No wonder you guys consistently rank well below grade in math and science.

"Ironically, despite the United States having the second-best education system globally, it consistently scores lower than many other countries in benchmarks such as math and science. According to the Business Insider report in 2018, its education ranking was 38th in math scores and 24th in science. The United States' education rankings have been falling by international standards over the past three decades...

The United Kingdom comes out on top as having the world's best education system. In second place is the United States, about 70% of graduates go on to a higher education program. In third place is Canada, followed by Germany and France.

Based on this list, Canada is the most educated nation."

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/education-rankings-by-country

You're the one that wants to be an American. Apparently the utopia you want is lack of healthcare and at will employment.

Under Republican leadership the US will never have UHC. You know that already though. The only party pushing for it are dems. I know they don’t actually want it either but at least they pretend to.

Please enlighten me how do you exactly propose to make the streets safer?

Let me guess you’re carded because of the video game thread right? I don’t value your opinion because of your character or better yet lack of it. The fact you’re Canadian just means your opinion is irrelevant.

Last edited:
There's another point is that the only reason conservatives are suddenly so hopping mad about "cancel culture" is because now they feel like they are the ones who are being affected by it, conservatives were perfectly fine with cancel culture as long as it was happening to the "other guy".
Well, this has been the story for the last decade or so. As the social dynamic has changed, the censuring tools utilized by the GOP have increasingly been directed back at them and they've been irate about it.

Because when I don't buy a can of Coke, that's the exact same thing as calling someone's employer non-stop, calling their kids schools and encouraging many others to do the same with the goal of getting them fired and their kids kicked out of school.

Exact. Same. Thing.

If anyone ever needed a definition of false equivalence, you just provided it.
Correct. When you and all of the boycotters target some company and its leadership, you're trying to get them fired. Or you're trying to drive it out of business so the people who work there won't have any money for their bills since they won't have jobs.

But by all means, explain to me how a boycotted company can continue to pay it's employees? Or do those people not matter because you're eliminating a bunch of people's work, instead of just one person.

tyVjJBt.gif

Maybe if Americans listened more you'd have unobtainable things like safe streets and universal health care - the Utopia you wish and cry for daily on Sherdog, but will never have.

But what do I know, I'm Canadian (and British).

Rofl.

Yes, beautiful Niagara Falls is located smack dab in the middle of the wheat fields of Saskatchewan. Just like how New York City is located in the potato fields of Idaho.

Do they not teach you basic geography in American schools?

Oh, silly me, of course they don't.

No wonder you guys consistently rank well below grade in math and science.

"Ironically, despite the United States having the second-best education system globally, it consistently scores lower than many other countries in benchmarks such as math and science. According to the Business Insider report in 2018, its education ranking was 38th in math scores and 24th in science. The United States' education rankings have been falling by international standards over the past three decades...

The United Kingdom comes out on top as having the world's best education system. In second place is the United States, about 70% of graduates go on to a higher education program. In third place is Canada, followed by Germany and France.

Based on this list, Canada is the most educated nation."

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/education-rankings-by-country

giphy-34.gif

So you have access to great education and yet you're still the one coming on here writing about worshipping at Ron Desantis' feet? That makes it even worse.

Well, this has been the story for the last decade or so. As the social dynamic has changed, the censuring tools utilized by the GOP have increasingly been directed back at them and they've been irate about it.
The reasons that the cancel culture conservatives invented is coming back to bite them in the ass (1) Americas demographics are changing and as those demographics change they have more voting power, more buying power and more cultural influence.(2) The nature of business has changed especially for big corporations, more and more of their revenue is made internationally. As a result politicians, the entertainment industry and big corporations don't feel beholden to do the tap dance and shuffle everytime a white middle aged conservative pitches a fit about anti racism training at Disney, Dr. Seuss taking certain books out of circulation, black woke Captain America or somebody saying something that offends people that conservatives feel deserves to be offended but getting fired instead.

Now conservatives get to feel what they have enjoyed making everyone else feel and they hate it with a passion.

“Cancel culture” has become a shibboleth of the modern Republican party, repeatedly invoked when public figures become embroiled in controversy regarding opinions or statements deemed to be racist, sexist or otherwise unacceptable.

The only woman in Republican Senate leadership complained about cancel culture on Monday, regarding the imminent removal of Liz Cheney, the only woman in Republican House leadership, because she opposes Donald Trump’s big lie that the presidential election was stolen.

Joni Ernst: "cancel culture is cancel culture no matter how you look at it."
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...eney-ousting-trump-republicans-cancel-culture

Joni Ernst was a toady for the last 4 years, so it's interesting and surprising to see her come out and say this now. Perhaps the Republican party is more split than people think, but I really don't think so. I think it's just some minor infighting as the Republican leadership makes it crystal clear in what direction they're moving forward. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Republican senators broke into a "lock her up!" chant when they decide to remove Liz Cheney.

Also, I have to say, "cancel culture" has now been overused and misused to the point where it's completely meaningless, just like "fake news" was. The article also mentions the Kentucky Derby winner who doped his horse and was caught. He's now blaming his predicament on "cancel culture." Please stop.
Cancel Culture has been a fixture in America for decades, long before the right started applying the term to liberals.

During the Joseph McCarthy era, anyone in entertainment suspected of being a Marxist / Communist was cancelled, i.e. blacklisted.

No major politician or celeb will criticze Israel or its lobby, because everyone is scared of being branded an anti Semite and cancelled . It has been said that criticising the influence of the Israel lobby is the 3rd rail of politics.

The GOP is Donald Trump themed religious cult masquerading as a political party. They should just stop doing politics which they’re extremely bad at and focus on celebrating Trump which they’re very good at.

Wasn't there a dude on video who literally prayed to Trump?

What if I want an explanation? I mean, there must be some info behind your claims?

Besides claiming an election was stolen in some sort of mass delusion. Trying to over ti em an election and having a party filled with extremists.

What other Examples do you need?

useful idiots lefties carrying water for neocons...

can they get any more pathetic?

Oh boy, here we go with the dishonesty again.

Tell me, Mr. Honesty, which "team" is is that routinely "doxxes" people and tries to get them fired from their jobs like it's a sport?

The difference is, GOP cancel culture doesn't try and harass employers into firing people for having different opinions than them, or get their kids kicked out of school.

I'm sure you'll quickly do a google search to find the one time that may have happened. But to pretend it isn't Dumbocrats doing the majority of it is hilariously dishonest at best.

Isn't that the whole point of thr Liz Cheney thing?

Cancel culture is stupid, no matter what side is behind it. However, people on the Left have been trying to label any type of protest, with a Republican/Conservative behind it, "Cancel Culture." I see a lot of projecting in this thread. I don't see wholesale censorship of anybody on the Left or their ideas. I don't see anybody with a list of everybody in Joe Biden's administration, or who donated to him, with the intent that they are shamed out of ever working again.

I have no doubt there are great examples of Republican cancel culture. But let's not pretend this isn't the Left's bag right now and they have become entirely unhinged and power hungry using it.

“Cancel culture” has become a shibboleth of the modern Republican party, repeatedly invoked when public figures become embroiled in controversy regarding opinions or statements deemed to be racist, sexist or otherwise unacceptable.

The only woman in Republican Senate leadership complained about cancel culture on Monday, regarding the imminent removal of Liz Cheney, the only woman in Republican House leadership, because she opposes Donald Trump’s big lie that the presidential election was stolen.

Joni Ernst: "cancel culture is cancel culture no matter how you look at it."
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...eney-ousting-trump-republicans-cancel-culture

Joni Ernst was a toady for the last 4 years, so it's interesting and surprising to see her come out and say this now. Perhaps the Republican party is more split than people think, but I really don't think so. I think it's just some minor infighting as the Republican leadership makes it crystal clear in what direction they're moving forward. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Republican senators broke into a "lock her up!" chant when they decide to remove Liz Cheney.

Also, I have to say, "cancel culture" has now been overused and misused to the point where it's completely meaningless, just like "fake news" was. The article also mentions the Kentucky Derby winner who doped his horse and was caught. He's now blaming his predicament on "cancel culture." Please stop.

The GOP loves cancel culture so long as it meets their agenda... Just look at the orange ignoramous screaming all the time to stop this, stop that, don't buy this, don't buy that. He's lucky that his followers are dumb as fuck

Besides claiming an election was stolen in some sort of mass delusion. Trying to over ti em an election and having a party filled with extremists.

What other Examples do you need?
Wasn’t the previous election contested due to “Russian collusion?”

Back