Republican politician who was against COVID precautionary measures dies of COVID

Imagine if the sitting president hadn’t politicized this from the beginning. How many would still be alive? He could have framed safety precautions as a “patriotic duty to save American lives” and his base would have loved that. Instead he made it partisan, made half the country science deniers(more so), which got more people killed, and also cost him the election in the end.

Just being a good person would have 1. Saved lives 2. Saved his political career. 3. Helped his legacy.

But he was just so dead set on being the biggest POS possible for no reason. Now he’s just the guy with 200,000+ dead Americans on his watch and counting.

But if Trump had advocated for precautions the profit margins of the rich would have gone done .1%. Clearly he wanted to avoid that greater horror.

Do you even reading comprehension bro?
Yes, he dropped the ball, I stated I was not a fan of the way he handled it in the long run. BUT, those things you mentioned happened AFTER the left started politicizing it and calling travel bans racist. The timeline there means a lot.

Oh, stop the bullshit. I’ll take your word for the sake of argument that 1. That’s how it went down and 2. That’s how it chronologically happened. It’s been a long year and I’d have to do research to verify.

But even if I give you that it was so early into things at the beginning of the year. Since then, from those beginning months till now, Trump and his followers have done everything possible to make this partisan. Going as far to say it’s a hoax to hurt Trump. And Trump has been front and center fueling the divide. At any point he could have lead by example to shut that shit down and saved lives.

What’s the point in even bringing up calling the travel ban racist unless you’re trying to somehow equate that ONE thing to all Trump and his supporters have done throughout the year? There’s not equal blame here for the left and the right. One side has clearly been driving the divide on this issue that in turn cost lives. And it’s not the left.

I distinctively remember someone had to be sent to the hospital via helicopter and pumped full of experimental medications. I wonder if he would have survived had he not been surrounded by a dozen doctor with the best medical care in the world possible.

tenor.gif

There have been quite a few publicized self-owns regarding COVID. We almost got one with the orange man himself but he lucked out.

This death flew under the radar because of election coverage plus his family was trying their best to not reveal his cause of death.

They did not want his sickness and eventual death to be "politicized" even though he politicized COVID measures during his life.

EdwardsCampaigning.jpeg

Though the family did not immediately release details about Edwards’ death, Mitch Edwards said during his father’s funeral Nov. 7 that he had contracted the virus. The lawmaker was Wyoming’s first known public official to die from complications of COVID-19.

On Oct. 23, Edwards was on the couch watching television and found he had trouble catching his breath, his son said. His wife of 44 years took him to the hospital in Gillette at around 10:30 that night. Edwards tested positive for COVID-19. A lung scan showed he had COVID-pneumonia — a condition of severe cases of the disease in which the lungs fill with fluid and become inflamed, leading to breathing difficulties.

The lawmaker’s family was unable to be with him at the end, his son said. Edwards was given supplemental oxygen and initially seemed to recover — another illusionary step in the rollercoaster of COVID-19’s attack on the body. Hospital workers told the Edwards that Roy was their “healthiest patient,” Mitch Edwards said in remarks made at his father’s Nov. 7 funeral service, which was streamed online.

Our family was not disclosing the illness when he was in the hospital because we didn’t want it to be politicized and we wanted to focus on his recovery,” Mitch Edwards said. Both during his father’s illness and after his death, “we wanted to be able to do what we needed to do as a family,” he said.

Since the pandemic’s start, both Edwards and his pastor and colleague Clem stridently opposed government measures to quell the virus’s spread. In September, Clem and Edwards were among lawmakers who questioned Wyoming Public Health Officer Dr. Alexia Harrist at a legislative committee meeting. Edwards echoed conservative sentiments that the virus’s impact was overblown for political reasons and would vanish after the November election.

Edwards was aware of the virus’s threat but remained opposed to government measures that closed businesses and kept people apart from each other, his son said.

He told my mom that he would rather die of COVID than live or die in fear,” Mitch Edwards said at the funeral service. “We are devastated that he died but we are glad that he felt that way,” he said.

https://www.wyofile.com/edwards-son-describes-how-covid-19-came-on-quickly/

He told my mom that he would rather die of COVID than live or die in fear

The above is surely just empty bluster during a safer time when he was "sure" he would never get it. I doubt he was feeling this way on his deathbed.

But you know what?

I'm still alive. I'm not living in fear either when I take precautionary COVID measures. Just like I'm not living in fear every time I put on a seatbelt.

Im pretty sure he did die in fear, as most all of us will, especially without his family, kept company by the beep of the machines set up around him. Totes worth it for freedom.

I would agree with his statement. I would rather die of Covid than live in fear like a dumb little bitch ass.

Do you "live in fear" when wearing a seatbelt?

Are you a dumb little bitch for wearing a seatbelt?

Oh, stop the bullshit. I’ll take your word for the sake of argument that 1. That’s how it went down and 2. That’s how it chronologically happened. It’s been a long year and I’d have to do research to verify.

But even if I give you that it was so early into things at the beginning of the year. Since then, from those beginning months till now, Trump and his followers have done everything possible to make this partisan. Going as far to say it’s a hoax to hurt Trump. And Trump has been front and center fueling the divide. At any point he could have lead by example to shut that shit down and saved lives.

What’s the point in even bringing up calling the travel ban racist unless you’re trying to somehow equate that ONE thing to all Trump and his supporters have done throughout the year? There’s not equal blame here for the left and the right. One side has clearly been driving the divide on this issue that in turn cost lives. And it’s not the left.
It takes two to tango buddy. I doubt things would have went that route if people would come together, instead of calling everything the orange goof did racist. But we'll obviously never know, because it's here and already has been politicized. I think animosity from the impeachment trial carried over imo, and fucked us royally.

"Edwards was aware of the virus's threat"= "Covid denier".

I keep forgetting that some conservatives have taken the smallest possible evolutionary step forward from denying COVID outright to denying precautionary measures against it. I tend to lump them together similar to how I would lump someone with a 70 IQ with one who has a 71 IQ. Regardless, thread title has been changed.

How many would still be alive? He could have framed safety precautions as a “patriotic duty to save American lives” and his base would have loved that.

Chyna is trying to ruin us, but we’re not gonna let them!

Give out MAGA masks, ultimate campaign tool

“We don’t want to have government mandated shutdowns or criminalize not wearing masks. And we went get to that point if we all work together to social distance, mask up, and work from home those of you and to. Let’s go!!!”

This could have been a slam dunk to secure his re election had he played it the smart way

I keep forgetting that some conservatives have taken the smallest possible evolutionary step forward from denying COVID outright to denying precautionary measures against it. I tend to lump them together similar to how I would lump someone with a 70 IQ with one who has a 71 IQ. Regardless, thread title has been changed.

It’s uncertain what branches of this tree will survive the evolutionary roulette. Luckily there are plenty of safety nets prepared by society to keep them relatively safe.

It takes two to tango buddy. I doubt things would have went that route if people would come together, instead of calling everything the orange goof did racist. But we'll obviously never know, because it's here and already has been politicized. I think animosity from the impeachment trial carried over imo, and fucked us royally.

Even if the ban itself wasn’t racist(Trump has not earned the benefit of the doubt at all), he went on to call it the Kung Flu...

But anyway, so because some leftists called the ban racist at the beginning of the year, that justifies the right acting like complete retards for the rest of year? THAT’s the reason you really think the right went full retard? Not because the president and other GOP leadership lead by example and still do to this day?

That’s some fucking insane mental gymnastics. I’m sorry.

Do you "live in fear" when wearing a seatbelt?

Are you a dumb little bitch for wearing a seatbelt?

What does a seatbelt stop me from doing? Learn how to fucking argue instead of just fucking making a bunch of crybaby threads.

See if you had a life and went out and actually did shit you would see why your post is so fucking stupid. But hey, we can't expect miracles, can we?

Now I am going to go to a craft beer and burger joint in long island. Have fun here whining.

You're so emotional. Sounds like you had a bad week or two.

^ lol, you posted before I even got to fix my errors. Have a fun Friday night.

I bet you love the lockdowns. Now you don't feel so bad about having no life.

What does a seatbelt stop me from doing? Learn how to fucking argue instead of just fucking making a bunch of crybaby threads.

See if you had a life and went out and actually did shit you would see why your post is so fucking stupid. But hey, we can't expect miracles, can we?

You're so emotional. Sounds like you had a bad week or two.

Looks to me like he died of old age. I guess you dipsticks won't be writing about all the people who took it seriously but died anyway.

RIP, my condolences to the family, this must be a terrible time

What a gross person you are.
Yep, that and another guy saying he hopes another poster dies just had their posts removed with no dubs. You think that's all the mods would do if you or I made those posts?

New thread title is a lie too. You source doesn't say he opposed people taking any precautions, it says he was against the government forcing people to, which is entirely different, and shows that you're not just a piece of shit, but a dishonest one.

Back