Republican politician who was against COVID precautionary measures dies of COVID

Reddit is always a hit or miss for me.

Some times there are threads about certain hobbies that have good content but some times it devolves into an overly PC SJW soap box specialy the relationships and dating threads.

God forbid you use the wrong pronoun or some shit like that.

If you call everyone Pat you are 100% safe.

<seedat>

How can someone be a covid denier? All the people that die from it are not really dead or they died of something else? They are up there in retardation level with flat earthers.
These are people who literally believe in bigfoot, Qanon, flat earth, pizzagate, & that Jesus would be a racist gun nut like them if he were alive today

There's not much in the way of "sound judgement" with these fine people

Big deal.

Most people know Covid is true and that it has the potential to kill you.

Everyone has to make a choice, be willing to take on different levels of risk, and be OK with the consequences.

Some are real careful, others aren't, people from all over die at times.

9 months on and you still haven't figured out the basics.

You aren't taking risks for yourself.
Other people are taking the risks for you.

Maybe I'm just a wimp but I feel like spending my last moments deep throating a ventilator would be scarier than taking some precautionary health measures.

I wonder what thoughts were going through his head at the end. I've heard what they were from some others. Some people finally realized the gravity of the situation while others refused to admit they were wrong. Ego is a motherfucker.
Or some people figure they're old and are going to die anyway so why ruin what little time they have left. Other people are pathetic cunts and revel in other people's deaths. Everyone copes their own way. We have 350 million people, 1% dying would still be 3.5 mill fortunately it's less than that

"He told my mom that he would rather die of COVID than live or die in fear."

To Trump supporters wearing a piece of cloth over your mouth and nose and being careful to socially distance is a debilitating act of "living in fear" that death is preferable to.

That's some sub-80 logic right there, kids.
Wow he was against the destructive forced closure of businesses but nowhere did it mention he was against masks or sensible social distancing or contact tracing.

But why mess up a chance to make a snide little remark in the wake of someone’s death?

Classy, as always

I don't see the issue. Old man took risks that he shouldnt have. it's like a crack addict - i dont feel bad when they die. Only people I feel bad for is people that ask for help and can/t get it

Not a huge Trump fan(or of the way he dealt with the virus in whole), but the left started the politicizing of the virus. Calling travel bans racist... Try again though
Political opposition will always do that but the President should rise above it. There were Democrats (Copperheads) back in the 1860s that wanted to negotiate with the Confederates, but Lincoln ignored them and moved ahead.
Trump, on the other hand, had a half assed travel ban, said the virus would just go away, talked about taking "hydroxy" as a precaution, suggested injecting Lysol, criticized masks, ran a bunch of super spreading events and got COVID himself.
There is always a political risk, maybe if he had contained the virus early on people wouldn't know how bad it could've gotten and wouldn't give him credit, sure. But more probably he would be hailed as a hero when Europe was piling up deaths if the US had very few cases by then.

Saw Sleep in LA right after The Sciences came out a few years ago. It was awesome, such a fun time.
I was shocked when they dropped the album on 4/20/17. I knew they were in the studio recording but was surprised when they just released it without any fanfare. What an amazing record. I had a chance to see em live here in NY but came down with a horrible case of the flu and missed the gig. They are amazing live and Al Cisneros is legendary on the bass. His side project OM is killer too as is Matt Pike's High on Fire. Also Jason Roeder was the sound replacement for Chris Hakius on the drums. Jason is also the drummer for the influential Neurosis who I saw once many years ago and it was one of the most intense concerts I've ever seen

I was shocked when they dropped the album on 4/20/17. I knew they were in the studio recording but was surprised when they just released it without any fanfare. What an amazing record. I had a chance to see em live here in NY but came down with a horrible case of the flu and missed the gig. They are amazing live and Al Cisneros is legendary on the bass. His side project OM is killer too as is Matt Pike's High on Fire. Also Jason Roeder was the sound replacement for Chris Hakius on the drums. Jason is also the drummer for the influential Neurosis who I saw once many years ago and it was one of the most intense concerts I've ever seen

Yeah, that was awesome when they just dropped it on 4/20 with no promotion or hype or anything. That's a drag you missed them. When I went to see them I had seen the setlist from the night before and they'd played a whole hour+ set before launching into Dopesmoker. I was hoping they'd do the same the night I saw them but we didn't get Dopesmoker. That was the only bummer.

I'm big into a lot of sludge and doom but oddly enough, I don't really fuck with any of their other projects.

Do you "live in fear" when wearing a seatbelt?

Are you a dumb little bitch for wearing a seatbelt?

He doesn't wear a seatbelt.

Don't you know he's a badass?

He's so badass, he doesn't check for cars before turning, smokes while pumping gas, eats his meat raw and posts on sherdog with his real name.

hi HOLA,

i know what Reddit is, but i've never visited the site.

could you link me this thread? i'd be curious to read it.

- IGIT
Good afternoon IGIT

The place is called "Leopards Ate My Face." https://www.reddit.com/r/LeopardsAteMyFace/

The purpose of the place is:

"'I never thought leopards would eat MY face,' sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party."

Not limited to Trump voters. Anytime someone has a sad because they're suffering consequences from something they voted for or supported or wanted to impose on other people that means... Leopards Ate Their Face!

Plenty of Covid related material in there. Lots of other good stuff too.

Good afternoon IGIT

The place is called "Leopards Ate My Face." https://www.reddit.com/r/LeopardsAteMyFace/

The purpose of the place is:

"'I never thought leopards would eat MY face,' sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party."

Not limited to Trump voters. Anytime someone has a sad because they're suffering consequences from something they voted for or supported or wanted to impose on other people that means... Leopards Ate Their Face!

Plenty of Covid related material in there. Lots of other good stuff too.

hiya HOLA,

i read a few of the entries. i thought it would be fun to see the Schadenfreude, but i stopped after a few minutes.

i wanted to have contempt for these folks, but in the end i just felt really bad for all of them. i get that on some level, they reap what they sow, but its really a drag to see how these folks deluded themselves.

- IGIT

Back