Republican politician who was against COVID precautionary measures dies of COVID

I started a thread a while back that was just chronological screencaps from some guy's social media. It went from "I'm not wearing a fucking mask!" to "I'm having such trouble breathing!" within 30 days. Then he dies. It must have been deleted or merged because I cant find it now.

But here it is.

30683734-8515535-image-a-27_1594587318135.jpg

30683746-8515535-On_July_1_Rose_wrote_that_he_had_been_very_sick_the_past_few_day-a-3_1594603188902.jpg

30683748-8515535-image-a-28_1594587833838.jpg

30683744-8515535-image-a-30_1594587846119.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...laiming-pandemic-just-hype-Facebook-post.html

Yeah, I remember that one.

I think my all time favorite was this fat bastard who got Covid, then posted on his Facebook something like, "I've been raw dogging strippers since 2001 and I'm supposed to be scared of Covid-19! Ha!"

Well, he died.

Maybe I'm just a wimp but I feel like spending my last moments deep throating a ventilator would be scarier than taking some precautionary health measures.

I wonder what thoughts were going through his head at the end. I've heard what they were from some others. Some people finally realized the gravity of the situation while others refused to admit they were wrong. Ego is a motherfucker.

My close friend and martial arts instructor and his wife got it. They still aren't over it. He was REALLY bad off. He didn't end up in a hospital bed but was very very close. Hopefully he doesn't relapse. He still doesn't have taste or smell when we spoke on the phone two days ago.

There have been quite a few publicized self-owns regarding COVID. We almost got one with the orange man himself but he lucked out.

This death flew under the radar because of election coverage plus his family was trying their best to not reveal his cause of death.

They did not want his sickness and eventual death to be "politicized" even though he politicized COVID measures during his life.

EdwardsCampaigning.jpeg

Though the family did not immediately release details about Edwards’ death, Mitch Edwards said during his father’s funeral Nov. 7 that he had contracted the virus. The lawmaker was Wyoming’s first known public official to die from complications of COVID-19.

On Oct. 23, Edwards was on the couch watching television and found he had trouble catching his breath, his son said. His wife of 44 years took him to the hospital in Gillette at around 10:30 that night. Edwards tested positive for COVID-19. A lung scan showed he had COVID-pneumonia — a condition of severe cases of the disease in which the lungs fill with fluid and become inflamed, leading to breathing difficulties.

The lawmaker’s family was unable to be with him at the end, his son said. Edwards was given supplemental oxygen and initially seemed to recover — another illusionary step in the rollercoaster of COVID-19’s attack on the body. Hospital workers told the Edwards that Roy was their “healthiest patient,” Mitch Edwards said in remarks made at his father’s Nov. 7 funeral service, which was streamed online.

Our family was not disclosing the illness when he was in the hospital because we didn’t want it to be politicized and we wanted to focus on his recovery,” Mitch Edwards said. Both during his father’s illness and after his death, “we wanted to be able to do what we needed to do as a family,” he said.

Since the pandemic’s start, both Edwards and his pastor and colleague Clem stridently opposed government measures to quell the virus’s spread. In September, Clem and Edwards were among lawmakers who questioned Wyoming Public Health Officer Dr. Alexia Harrist at a legislative committee meeting. Edwards echoed conservative sentiments that the virus’s impact was overblown for political reasons and would vanish after the November election.

Edwards was aware of the virus’s threat but remained opposed to government measures that closed businesses and kept people apart from each other, his son said.

He told my mom that he would rather die of COVID than live or die in fear,” Mitch Edwards said at the funeral service. “We are devastated that he died but we are glad that he felt that way,” he said.

https://www.wyofile.com/edwards-son-describes-how-covid-19-came-on-quickly/

He told my mom that he would rather die of COVID than live or die in fear

The above is surely just empty bluster during a safer time when he was "sure" he would never get it. I doubt he was feeling this way on his deathbed.

But you know what?

I'm still alive. I'm not living in fear either when I take precautionary COVID measures. Just like I'm not living in fear every time I put on a seatbelt.

Not sure how he was a Covid denier if he said "He told my mom that he would rather die of COVID than live or die in fear"
^ he literally said Covid could kill him.

I would agree with his statement. I would rather die of Covid than live in fear like a dumb little bitch ass.

Fuck these people, I hope he didn't take up a hospital bed someone else needed

Imagine if the sitting president hadn’t politicized this from the beginning. How many would still be alive? He could have framed safety precautions as a “patriotic duty to save American lives” and his base would have loved that. Instead he made it partisan, made half the country science deniers(more so), which got more people killed, and also cost him the election in the end.

Just being a good person would have 1. Saved lives 2. Saved his political career. 3. Helped his legacy.

But he was just so dead set on being the biggest POS possible for no reason. Now he’s just the guy with 200,000+ dead Americans on his watch and counting.

"He told my mom that he would rather die of COVID than live or die in fear."

To Trump supporters wearing a piece of cloth over your mouth and nose and being careful to socially distance is a debilitating act of "living in fear" that death is preferable to.

That's some sub-80 logic right there, kids.

its sad that some people are so binary that they think they have to experience fear in order to wear a mask. i don't feel any fear at all. none. it is reason that has me wearing a mask and taking other precautions.

Imagine if the sitting president hadn’t politicized this from the beginning. How many would still be alive? He could have framed safety precautions as a “patriotic duty to save American lives” and his base would have loved that. Instead he made it partisan, made half the country science deniers(more so), which got more people killed, and also cost him the election in the end.

Just being a good person would have 1. Saved lives 2. Saved his political career. 3. Helped his legacy.

But he was just so dead set on being the biggest POS possible for no reason. Now he’s just the guy with 200,000+ dead Americans on his watch and counting.
Not a huge Trump fan(or of the way he dealt with the virus in whole), but the left started the politicizing of the virus. Calling travel bans racist... Try again though

There is a whole section of Reddit dedicated to stories like this. They're awful.

One women went on this whole rant on Facebook about how Trump was unstoppable, the greatest president ever, and Covid was a Democrat conspiracy to stop the Trump Train because they have nothing else in their arsenal. She got dozens of responses such as, "Amen sister!" "Well said girl!" Well, she died of Covid like 30 days later and her family started a Go Fund Me page asking for donations.
Do you have a link to that subreddit

Also I do like wearing my mask with the Sleep band logo on it. I've got some awesome compliments from clients at work. Some even winking at me because it has pot leafs on it lol

Sad to hear, Covid have been overblown but doesn't mean it still dangerous to some degree, just keep basic the measurement and carry on with your life

You should watch that Netflix Trump doc, pal

I dd last night Explains a lot

same greasy scum bag as before Same hyperboles (eg "best (insert) in the history of (insert)") it's like we let the weasel into the chicken coup to live

Not a huge Trump fan(or of the way he dealt with the virus in whole), but the left started the politicizing of the virus. Calling travel bans racist... Try again though

So I just imagined Trump and his entourage refusing to be seen wearing masks for months, Trump supporters calling the mask a muzzle, Trump supporters calling the virus a hoax to hurt Trump, Trump shitting all over Fauci, Trump holding rallies with no social distancing or mask precautions that got Herman Cain killed?

This all off the top of my head. If I actually took the time to do proper research to remember everything this list would be even longer. Trump fucked up by making this partisan. It cost him the election, it got more people killed than necessary, and it cemented what his legacy will be.

Trump was just worried about protecting the stock market. He loved to point to it as evidence of his financial genius. He knew properly addressing Covid would result in an economic slowdown that hurt stocks and he didn't want that.

So I just imagined the Trump and his entourage refusing to be seen wearing masks for months, Trump supporters calling the mask a muzzle, Trump supporters calling the virus a hoax to hurt Trump, Trump shitting all over Fauci, Trump holding rallies with no social distancing or mask precautions that got Herman Cain killed?
Do you even reading comprehension bro?
Yes, he dropped the ball, I stated I was not a fan of the way he handled it in the long run. BUT, those things you mentioned happened AFTER the left started politicizing it and calling travel bans racist. The timeline there means a lot.

So that's 1 Trumper who had to eat crow. Only 72,000,000 left. Covid is gonna need to pick up the pace.
I distinctively remember someone had to be sent to the hospital via helicopter and pumped full of experimental medications. I wonder if he would have survived had he not been surrounded by a dozen doctor with the best medical care in the world possible.

Back