Crime Representative study: 44% of both Republicans & Trump voters believe Gates is gonna microchip them

Classic thread. The right-wing responses are a pretty even mix between "it's a fake poll designed to make the right look stupid" and "Bill Gates *is* gonna microchip us!" Even the "reasonable" ones who recognize how crazy the claim is believe in a crazy CT about polls!

You have some genuine crazies on this board. But the strange thing, is seeing how close to being genuinely crazy so many other people are.

Classic thread. The right-wing responses are pretty evenly split between "it's a fake poll designed to make the right look stupid" and "Bill Gates *is* gonna microchip us!" Even the "reasonable" ones who recognize how crazy the claim is believe in a crazy CT about polls!

Well it's campaign time. I think there are some right-wing responses from people who facepalm at the stupidity of people as shown by the pool, but still just go into attack mode to support 'the cause'.

Yeah let's all trust Bill Gates. Chinese slavery mogul. Great idea.

Dude the CTers believe his malaria treatment attempts are actually African population control. I shit you not.

Also Gates doesn't need to microchip you between access to data from Windows, cell phones, and smart devices you're already tracked

Bill and Melinda Gates have been kicked out of countries for the damage their vaccines have caused. India for example.

Gates shows up in African countries and people go running. Hes paralyzed and killed an insane amount of people there.

You can lose your phone, you cant lose a microchip. If you are ok with being tagged with a chip and tracked like an animal its on you. Many other people feel differently.

Well it's campaign time. I think there are some right-wing responses from people who facepalm at the stupidity of people as shown by the pool, but still just go into attack mode to support 'the cause'.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like Mick is the only right-winger to say outright that it's stupid. The others are, as I say, a mix of either defending the stupidity or promoting a CT about the poll. The latter response could be seen as an implicit admission that the theory is dumb, but it substitutes another crazy claim that arises out of the same mix of ignorance about how the world works (and what is plausible) and paranoia that defines the American right today. Alternatively, it could be that respondents are interpreting the question as being about tribal solidarity. "Yes, I'm a Republican." could be the real meaning of a positive response (and the real meaning of attacking the poll). But that amounts to the same problem.

Can anyone find a link to the survey? I'm trying and failing. I'm curious how the questions were phrased and what other stories were used alongside:
"Bill Gates wants to use a mass vaccination campaign against COVID-19 to implant microchips in people that would be used to track people with a digital ID."

It's crazy, but the question is a bit more benign than I was expecting, but I'm not surprised idiots conflate digital certificates with microchipping.

I pine for the day where we believe science again and stop politicizing the scientific process.

edit:
12311cf0-9c40-11ea-93bf-7e9bdf18d892

It also worries me (but again, unsurprising) that the least trusted entities on COVID is the government and the mainstream media. Two things you kind of think are necessary to co-ordinate and disseminate information on fighting this thing.

Last edited:
Can anyone find a link to the survey? I'm trying and failing. I'm curious how the questions were phrased and what other stories were used alongside:
"Bill Gates wants to use a mass vaccination campaign against COVID-19 to implant microchips in people that would be used to track people with a digital ID."

It's crazy, but the question is a bit more benign than I was expecting, but I'm not surprised idiots conflate digital certificates with microchipping.

I pine for the day where we believe science again and stop politicizing the scientific process.

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/k021ckl4rn/20200522_yahoo_coronavirus_toplines.pdf

Question 64.

I think "politicizing the scientific process" is underselling it a bit. What we're seeing is a complete rejection of the idea of objective reality by the right in America.

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/k021ckl4rn/20200522_yahoo_coronavirus_toplines.pdf

Question 64.

I think "politicizing the scientific process" is underselling it a bit. What we're seeing is a complete rejection of the idea of objective reality by the right in America.

Thanks. Interesting questions and I thought the responses would be a more apocalyptic than they actually were.

Complete tangent, but the last two questions made me sad:
Screen-Shot-2020-05-24-at-12-46-03-PM.png

40% with HS or less education. 55% of those who reported making <$50k a year for household income.

I know plenty of liberal anti trump people at work who believe this CT nonsense also. They are anti vaxxers also. Lots of African Americans believe this stuff also. Look up any black forum or even YouTube comment section on the illuminati. It very pervasive throughout the Hip Hop community.

It's like crazy has infected both sides.

I'm a republican by the way. More old school.

Bill Gates has too much power and is clearly up to no good. The government has blatantly overreacted to a weak virus. It makes complete sense for people not to trust these people.

This is gonna be the fall of our country.

How they hell do you govern when half the country has moved on to full retard.

We really need a new party here for sane people.

Full retard is closing down the country and threatening our Constitutional Rights over an extremely weak virus. Half the country has absolutely moved to full retard, it's not the team you think though.

I can't believe you guys are falling for the benevolent billionaire trope. "Bill Gates is trying to save the world!" I can't believe grown adults are saying these things. Just...

<Huh2>

I’ve seen some of your posts and you seem legitimately crazy man.

Why doesn’t someone make a poll here?

1 - I’m a republican and I think Gates is going to use the pandemic to microchip us.
2 - I’m a republican and I don’t think Gates is going to use the pandemic to microchip us.
3 - I’m not a republican and I think Gates is going to use the pandemic to microchip us.
4 - I’m not a republican and don’t I think Gates is going to use the pandemic to microchip us.

Why doesn’t someone make a poll here?

1 - I’m a republican and I think Gates is going to use the pandemic to microchip us.
2 - I’m a republican and I don’t think Gates is going to use the pandemic to microchip us.
3 - I’m not a republican and I think Gates is going to use the pandemic to microchip us.
4 - I’m not a republican and don’t I think Gates is going to use the pandemic to microchip us.
The Yahoo "News" polls actually just says "Gates wants.. "

Full retard is closing down the country and threatening our Constitutional Rights over an extremely weak virus. Half the country has absolutely moved to full retard, it's not the team you think though.

Youre right. We shoulda just let the china virus hit us like a truck. Woulda been awesome. It is the team i think.

And non-voters and independents are in between, and closer to Republicans on that "issue."

Also, more worryingly, 31% of Republicans say they are "not sure" if the crazy theory is true, meaning only about one in four Republicans is grounded in reality. And this isn't the only issue like that.

That's the problem with American politics in a nutshell. The base of one of our two parties is not just unaware of basic facts (that actually applies to both sides), but is living in a complete fantasy world and has mentally cut itself off from any source of true information. On top of that, the legitimate media is committed by ideology and by its business model to pretending that both sides are the same. So one big chunk of the population is getting lied to and taught to hate everyone else in the country, and another big chunk is hearing that the truth is halfway between the truth and a bunch of wild fantasies. It's a miracle that we are able to maintain a modern society in the face of this.
20+ Years of talk radio divorced the Republican Party from reality and now Fox News and social media have created a hopelessly twisted alternative reality for Republicans in it's place.

Its funny how Conservatives are already pre-targeting Liberals in this forum and on the news about not taking the vaccine before its even out, when they themselves said they dont trust it

20+ Years of talk radio divorced the Republican Party from reality and now Fox News and social media have created a hopelessly twisted alternative reality for Republicans in it's place.

As opposed to the far more logic based reality of democrat's thinking and allowing 7 years old's to decide to mutilate their body is a ok.

around 40% of trump supporters also believe in q anon so this just cements the tragedy of the american right. there are people on the left who have abandoned reason too but not in such high numbers.

Back