Economy Representative Salazar admits she's a partisan hack, demands praise for it.

giphy.gif

This is a response thread because Queen B got triggered by the Sotomayor thread yesterday. <Lmaoo>

This is an actual case of partisan hackery, not one that's critical of justices BECAUSE they have viewpoints which they actually hash out in writing.

Why did you copy the title of this thread? https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/justice-sotomayer-admits-shes-a-partisian-hack.4321176/

Did it really upset you that much?

Compare/contrast.

That thread is NOT an example of partisan hackery. SCOTUS justices have distinct perspectives that are part of informing their interpretation of the Constituton. We can criticize those perspectives all day, but criticizing that people have and express them seems silly.

A politician who votes on party lines against the interest of their constituents, and then parades around as if the fruits of the thing they attempted to deny, and then claim they cant even remember how they voted is CLEAR partisan hackery.

Compare/contrast.

That thread is NOT an example of partisan hackery. SCOTUS justices have distinct perspectives that are part of informing their interpretation of the Constituton. We can criticize those perspectives all day, but criticizing that people have and express them seems silly.

A politician who votes on party lines against the interest of their constituents, and then parades around as if the fruits of the thing they attempted to deny, and then claim they cant even remember how they voted is CLEAR partisan hackery.

Yeah great. Now answer the question: why did you copy the thread title?

Yeah great. Now answer the question: why did you copy the thread title?
"Sotomayor thinks that written exams are racist but there's nothing partisan about that!" <Lmaoo>

This has got to be one of the most uncomfortable interviews of a politician I've ever seen, and shows how effective holding their feet to the fire can be, and Defede wasnt even being particularly brutal.

Florida Representative Maria Salazar was asked about the age-old Republican tactic of voting against bills in Washington, and when those bills pass anyway, presenting the money to her constituents locally for photo-ops and taking credit for the funding as if she DIDN'T vote against giving these people that same money. She was woefully unprepared to handle being asked that and not only claims to not remember what she votes on, but then prods DeFede about how he should be proud of her that she was so generous in presenting funds she voted against lol

Segment begins at 15:50:

Voting against the bills should = an automatic rejection of the funds.

That would save the government a tremendous amount of money.

Voting against the bills should = an automatic rejection of the funds.

That would save the government a tremendous amount of money.

Unfortunately I do think that is similar to trade sanctioning and collective punishment.

Plus, how would Brett Favre get more perks for his daughter's volleyball without our tax dollars??

Do I really need to explain why making a thread in response to another thread is petty behavior? Even worse - it’s coming from a moderator.

How dare we make threads in response to things put forth in other threads on message boards!! Clearly not what this place was intended for!

Ummmmm... I think TS should know, most of them are partisan hacks.
i don't think he does. both sides do it, but particularly people on the left are under some delusion that their side is complketely righteous. If their side is caught doing wrong it is excused as being for the greater good. Both sides are scum, so as I said before, look past that and pick the one that helps you out more.

It is ridiculous for either side to pretend either Joe Biden or Donald Trump are good humans (or any other politician). So who will help your bottom line more?

This specifically?
Like taking credit for a bill they voted against.

Not symmetrical there because Republican policy tends to be far less popular (even pluralities or majorities of Republican voters don't agree with their own party on policy).

Back