Economy Representative Salazar admits she's a partisan hack, demands praise for it.

How dare we make threads in response to things put forth in other threads on message boards!! Clearly not what this place was intended for!
I never said you couldn’t do it. Just that it was very petty. Couldn’t just respond to his thread with this info? Had to create another thread?

You got him so good lol

Like taking credit for a bill they voted against.

Not symmetrical there because Republican policy tends to be far less popular (even pluralities or majorities of Republican voters don't agree with their own party on policy).
Many of the 6 democrats who voted against the infrastructure bill have touted it later on.

Many of the 6 democrats who voted against the infrastructure bill have touted it later on.
Six members of the crazy wing voted against it for it not doing enough. Not quite the same thing as people who voted against it because they didn't want to do anything. But which ones were touting it later?

I never said you couldn’t do it. Just that it was very petty. Couldn’t just respond to his thread with this info? Had to create another thread?

You got him so good lol

It certainly stirred up a response didn't it? Lots of "y R u DoInG tHiS!?!?" and not a lot of engagement with the actual political hackery afoot. Plus I felt like this interview, specifically, and a politician so blatantly admitting their hackery was worthy of it's own discussion.

I especially enjoyed her "look I'm not trying to be a politician" after demanding praise for presenting money she voted against, and outright refusal to cop to her own voting record.

Last edited:
that's true for most politicians, isn't it?
i can't think of many that aren't "hacks" from either party.
in my own country it's the same.
i would be shocked to find politicians that are moral and remain so in front of the onslaught of private interests that is constantly cascading upon the political world. i don't think someone like that could even get elected.

It certainly stirred up a response didn't it? Lots of "y R u DoInG tHiS!?!?" and not a lot of engagement with the actual political hackery afoot. Plus I felt like this interview, specifically, and a politician so blatantly admitting their hackery was worthy of it's own discussion.

I especially enjoyed her "look I'm not trying to ve a politician" after demanding praise for presenting money she voted against, and outright refusal to cop to her own voting record.
You got stirred up by another thread so badly that you made a thread to counter it. That is how teenagers behave.

This has got to be one of the most uncomfortable interviews of a politician I've ever seen, and shows how effective holding their feet to the fire can be, and Defede wasnt even being particularly brutal.

Florida Representative Maria Salazar was asked about the age-old Republican tactic of voting against bills in Washington, and when those bills pass anyway, presenting the money to her constituents locally for photo-ops and taking credit for the funding as if she DIDN'T vote against giving these people that same money. She was woefully unprepared to handle being asked that and not only claims to not remember what she votes on, but then prods DeFede about how he should be proud of her that she was so generous in presenting funds she voted against lol

Segment begins at 15:50:

Good on that local reporter pushing his member of Congress.

I've watched that interview, but from a different source. So, I clicked the attached video to give it one more click.

Come on local news outlets, you can do it too!

Good on that local reporter pushing his member of Congress.

I've watched that interview, but from a different source. So, I clicked the attached video to give it one more click.

Come on local news outlets, you can do it too!

That's definitely how interviews should be done. He didn't let her slide with non-answers and didn't let her change subjects when cornered.

That's definitely how interviews should be done. He didn't let her slide with non-answers and didn't let her change subjects when cornered.
Not to derail this thread, but Katie Couric had a similar moment with VP Harris this week. She really pressed Harris regarding the fact that the current administration is doing absolutely nothing with its leverage regarding Bibi's decisions in the current Gaza War.

Harris: I answered your question

Couric: No, you didn't

(I didn't add quotation marks because I don't have the transcript, but you get the idea.)

Journalism got the round 10-9 in both instances.

The hack part, no
But the bipartisanship is really refreshing to hear about.

Back