Report from Assyrian News site of Islamists destroying 3000 year old statues

Fanu

Plight of Copts. Since Sadat and contemporary situation.

A rash of hate crimes seldom bodes well. Now, during Egypt’s second military-led transitional government in as many years, sectarian tension harkens back to the state indifference and social angst that fueled the original Egyptian Revolution of January 25, 2011. Human rights organizations have linked some attacks against Copts to partisans of the Muslim Brotherhood and other Islamist organizations. They have also reported that the military and police have often made a bad situation worse, by ignoring calls for help and letting the perpetrators rampage freely.

Copts found Egypt being defined in terms that excluded them from belonging in equal measure alongside Muslim Egyptians

The problem of sectarianism persisted. Aside from a moment of intercommunal harmony during the eighteen-day uprising against Hosni Mubarak, Copts have faced discrimination and oppression under the former authoritarian regime and the transitional governments that followed it: the army’s massacre of civilians at Maspero in October 2011; the siege on St. Mark’s Cathedral in April 2013 near the end of Mohamed Morsi’s presidency; the shootings, beheadings, and church burnings that General Abdel Fattah el-Sisi’s forces did little prevent after el-Sisi took power in July. In sum, Copts remain one of Egyptian society’s most vulnerable communities.

Aside from physical assaults, Copts face numerous forms of quotidian discrimination. Copts have been customarily barred from positions of leadership (including university presidencies and governorships, with a few exceptions discussed below) as well as positions deemed sensitive to national security, from the upper echelons of the security apparatus to the pedagogical front lines where Copts are prevented from teaching Arabic. Everyday forms of prejudice no doubt contribute to a climate of insecurity.

http://carnegieendowment.org/2013/11/14/violence-against-copts-in-egypt/gtsf

ok we get it, islam is warmongeringly bad and christianity is bastion of reason, progress and tolerance, right?

i fail to see your point on this other than "islam is so sooo bad" which makes you come across as someone not to be taken seriously
if it was up to me we wouldnt have neither of those religions, since both of them offer worthless illusions that give false consolation to people

i'll just leave this in here since it will offer far more info and insight into religious dealings than can be gathered from pointless bickering on MMA forum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK4O-3aoRww

ok we get it, islam is warmongeringly bad and christianity is bastion of reason, progress and tolerance, right?

i fail to see your point on this other than "islam is so sooo bad" which makes you come across as someone not to be taken seriously
if it was up to me we wouldnt have neither of those religions, since both of them offer worthless illusions that give false consolation to people

i'll just leave this in here since it will offer far more info and insight into religious dealings than can be gathered from pointless bickering on MMA forum

This isn't a question about religion being good or bad; it is about how intolerant Islam and Islamic nations are . You can try and be an apologist all you want but that does not effect the reality. Christian nations are tolerant , espeically Western nations, compared to Muslim nations. If you can't admit this your bias is soo thick that it ain't worth responding any more.

This isn't a question about religion being good or bad;
oh ok

it is about how intolerant Islam and Islamic nations are

so intolerant =! bad ?

You can try and be an apologist all you want but that does not effect the reality.

not even tryin dude
couldnt care less about islam or christianity

i've said multiple times we would be much better off without religion - i dont know why you insist on thinking i am some muslim apologist or that i have it in my head that islam is better than christianity

they are both dog shit
there, does that clear things up? cause i dont know how to express myself any clearer than that.

atleast i hate (more like dont give a fuck about) both of those religions equally, you go on and defend one over the other as if that makes any fucking sense at all, as if both of them arent responsible for degradation of human society in general
both of them had little to no contribution to human advancement over the centuries and as such are worthless

you can mention charities all you like, but the fact is there would be, and are, charities that dont have any ties to religion
we dont need religion to know good from wrong
i wasnt some blabbering idiot killing people left and right before i found out about christianity

Christian nations are tolerant , espeically Western nations, compared to Muslim nations. If you can't admit this your bias is soo thick that it ain't worth responding any more.

point i am trying to make from the beginning was that there is more to this than just religion
you are obviously too thick to comprehend that

we are talking about different cultures, different living conditions, different mentality those people have
nobody was railing over islam 50-60 years ago, and then suddenly all hell breaks loose some time after ww2 - why is that? muslims decided one day to fuck up everyone's dream? commit terrorist acts around the globe for the fun of it? what gave birth to extremism?

my bias is soo thick? you are actively saying christianity is religion of piece when in its modern history has been plagued by mass pedophilia and its cover up
get the fuck out of here

i am ok if you dont answer any of that and just watch hitchens debate i posted in my previous post cause the guy clears up things much better than me

Last edited:
shame, but extremist have been doing this for a while. history should definitely be studied and not destroyed

Its fucking great that after America invaded Iraq to fight Al Qaida, Al Qaida has a foothold in Iraq for the first time ever. Mission Accomplished Bitches!!!!

oh ok
so intolerant =! bad ?

not even tryin dude
couldnt care less about islam or christianity

i've said multiple times we would be much better off without religion - i dont know why you insist on thinking i am some muslim apologist or that i have it in my head that islam is better than christianity

they are both dog shit
there, does that clear things up? cause i dont know how to express myself any clearer than that.

atleast i hate (more like dont give a fuck about) both of those religions equally, you go on and defend one over the other as if that makes any fucking sense at all, as if both of them arent responsible for degradation of human society in general
both of them had little to no contribution to human advancement over the centuries and as such are worthless

you can mention charities all you like, but the fact is there would be, and are, charities that dont have any ties to religion
we dont need religion to know good from wrong
i wasnt some blabbering idiot killing people left and right before i found out about christianity

point i am trying to make from the beginning was that there is more to this than just religion
you are obviously too thick to comprehend that

we are talking about different cultures, different living conditions, different mentality those people have
nobody was railing over islam 50-60 years ago, and then suddenly all hell breaks loose some time after ww2 - why is that? muslims decided one day to fuck up everyone's dream? commit terrorist acts around the globe for the fun of it? what gave birth to extremism?

my bias is soo thick? you are actively saying christianity is religion of piece when in its modern history has been plagued by mass pedophilia and its cover up
get the fuck out of here

i am ok if you dont answer any of that and just watch hitchens debate i posted in my previous post cause the guy clears up things much better than me

You can try and equivate the 2 religions but reality says otherwise. Christianity was a pacifist religion while Islam from the start has been violent. Ofcourse I defend 1 over the other because there is a big bloody difference between the 2.

What happened centuries ago with Christianity happened centuries ago. Look at the world today and there is a monumental difference between Christian societies and Islamic societies.

Unlike Islam, Christianity does not proscribe women from marrying outside of the faith and Christians are not demonized and threatened if they convert . Some Islamic societies allow Muslim women to marry non Muslims but usually the groom has to convert.

Islamic countries take inspiration from or base their laws on Sharia , which invariably pushes a Islamic supremacist ideology.

What has pedophilia got to do with how tolerant and welcoming Christian societies are towards other cultures . Look at Islamic countries and how minorities fare.

Agian, have you ever studied Islam? Do you know it's tenents and beliefs, or are you just beating the standard liberal drum out of habit? Islam is the only belief structure in world history that tells it's followers that not only is it ok to rape, murder and enslave anyone who doesn't share your beliefs, but that it is an actual obligation of yours as a Muslim. If you can't see that or are honestly trying to equivicate that to somthing not just in Christianity, but in any other belief system, just stop. You won't find it.

Yeah, but that horror actually came to an end after a few weeks after which the Khan decreed for the city to be rebuilt. Mongols were incredibly brutal but not brain dead.

These guys seem content on beheading every single human being until there is nobody left but them.

It was rebuilt because one of the Khans was actually a muslim, in fact that event caused a mongolian civil war which ended the unified empire.

Bottom line, i dont know muslim religion, but i know you shouldnt mess with the muslim religion unless you a up for a fight.

This is genuinely upsetting. Hope someone take care of them before they reach Hatra.

Last edited:
Back