Report from Assyrian News site of Islamists destroying 3000 year old statues

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
The Assyrian International News Agency, based out of Chicago, is reporting that ISIL (Islamic State of Iraq and Levant) has destroyed ancient Assyrian statues and artificats dating back 3000 years.

ISIL was allied with Al Qaeda but lately a schism has developed between ISIL and AQ and AQ's official representate in Syria, the Al Nusra front.

http://www.aina.org/news/20140517025551.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_International_News_Agency

Note: I am unfaimiliar with AINA and MSM Western news agencies haven't started reporting this yet. I am posting this because it isn't surprising to hear about Salafists destroying ancient monuments. Taleban destroyed the Bamiyan Buddhas and the Saudis are destroying Muslim sites associated with those close to Muhammed.

assyrianstatuespic1_zps37bc9dde.jpg

20140517025056_zpsace02246.jpg

I wish there was a way to develop a plague that only killed radical Muslims.

Here once stood a magnificent and ancient statue of Buddha that was blown up by Islamic fundamentalists because they are straight out of the Dark Ages

RTR2Q784.jpg

I wonder what they believe they are gaining from these crimes.

I wonder what they believe they are gaining from these crimes.

If indeed the reports are true , it is because Salafists abhor anything they think will lead people to idoltary. Plus this is pre Islamic culture so it must be destroyed.

It's a shame but it's their backwards ass country so even though it a shifty dumb pass thing to do I guess they can do it. How ever we and the world can show their outrage at shit like this in other ways that will have the effect of punishing this for this shit.

Last edited:
Not suprising, same happened in Mali when the Islamist militants captured much of the country few years ago.

Religion of Peace! What a bunch of savages, that religion is stuck in the stone age.

This is on par with a 4 yo holding his breath because he didn't get a toy he wanted.

interesting the muslim from yesterday preserved aristotle studies must be a cultural thing...

And what's with the sandals? Can't they get some different fucking shoes?

Horrible. I wish only the worst for people who destroy history like this for no good reason. Scum of the Earth.

There were reports of them looting Palmyra as well.

Fuck what must go through these peoples' heads.

And people get upset when a dictator butchers them. It is evident that they're exterminating the people who are not them along with their history.

Those Buddha statues were also just upsetting.

really depressing to hear when this happens.

such a careless waste

Were they yelling snackbar while they did it? Fuck them. Those assholes deserve death. Hope they eat Kurdish bullets and get filmed so we all get to watch on liveleak.

That's the problem. They believe.

I don't think so. I just think that these guys are probably the stupidest people on Earth.

Artefacts survived the Mongols, Abbasids, Umayyads, Crusaders, Seljuks, Ottomans, modern World Wars..

These guys are most likely, legally retarded. You would be hard pressed to find greater savagery than that displayed in Syria today, at any time in world history; you'd probably find lots of equal stuff in the history of the Turks however.

weird when relics hold a higher value then a group of humans

why can't they just kill each other and leave everything else alone?

but in all honesty it's not like we'll ever get to enjoy this, kind of like the pyramids, if you haven't already visited you likely won't ever see them

Yeah when they don't really give a shit about partially destroying a 1300 year old mosque (Umayyad in Damascus) - what makes you think they'll give a damn about any other historical site/building.

It's like how the salafists in Saudi have destroyed countless pre-Islamic & Islamic sites for a long time now.

Back