• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Replacements that were better than the original

On a related note- although I respect Edward Norton's acting talent, he was not going to be a good fit for MCU. He likes to have input on the productions he participates in and can be difficult to work with. Imagine him on the set of Avengers....

Norton has largely been irrelavant for the last decade as he doesn't really work much and do mostly smaller production stuff but sometimes people forget he had a great run early in his career.

Primal Fear
American History X
Rounders
Fight Club
Red Dragon
25th Hour

I agree that most definitely what he brings to the table does not jive with Kevin Feige's vision for the MCU but it is not his lack of ability to act. There are rumours that he would refuse to do scenes and demand re-writes. I'd imagine that is a huge headache for one actor to hold entire production hostage especially during principal photography.

Conan Stevens was the best Gregor Clegane. He actually looked like The Hound's brother. I can't embed for some reason can someone post a pic of him from the joust tournament fight please?
b0b9485b8e38efcaa0e51db22bc3785ee5d2deb7r1-350-198_hq.gif

Norton has largely been irrelavant for the last decade as he doesn't really work much and do mostly smaller production stuff but sometimes people forget he had a great run early in his career.

Primal Fear
American History X
Rounders
Fight Club
Red Dragon
25th Hour

I agree that most definitely what he brings to the table does not jive with Kevin Feige's vision for the MCU but it is not his lack of ability to act. There are rumours that he would refuse to do scenes and demand re-writes. I'd imagine that is a huge headache for one actor to hold entire production hostage especially during principal photography.
Definitely not a good fit for MCU

Norton had American History X changed so much the director disowned the film and asked for his name to be taken off the production

With Hulk, supposedly he wanted a darker more serious tone and Feige didn't like it.

There's another article I read not too long ago where the director recounts working with Norton.. I'll try to find it.

edit here it is

Anyway interestingly enough, in Birdman Norton's character was an actor that was difficult to work with because he wanted to make the productions about himself, became erratic, etc. So Edward Norton is self-aware it seems.

Jerry Stiller replaced the original actor that did George Costanza father for 1 episode and Stiller is just perfect for that role. Jerry Seinfeld dad also were replaced btw

As for bands I guess maybe Marky Ramone who took over Tommy Ramone as the drummer and he was a better fit

Michale Graves replacing Danzig

Noble Willingham as CD Parker in Walker Texas Ranger

I think Bon Scott is better than Brian Johnson but Johnson was as good a replacement as they could get.

Unless you mean Bon Scott replacing dave evans

Personally, I don't really like any of them but the bands success flourished under Brian

Primal Fear
American History X
Rounders
Fight Club
Red Dragon
25th Hour

This, except I don't see how he's been "irrelevant the past decade". Maybe as a lead. He did Birdman, The Grand Budapest Hotel, and Glass Onion. He also did voice work in Isle of Dogs and Sausage Party.

You also forgot Death to Smoochy in your list. That's one of the greatest black comedies of all time. It's incredible.

The Illusionist was a really cool movie that everyone sort of forgets because it came out the same year as The Prestige, IIRC. On top of that, I don't care if everone else doesn't like it, I loved The Italian Job remake with Mark Wahlberg. Such a fun movie.

Ed Norton is fucking great.

This, except I don't see how he's been "irrelevant the past decade". Maybe as a lead. He did Birdman, The Grand Budapest Hotel, and Glass Onion. He also did voice work in Isle of Dogs and Sausage Party.

You also forgot Death to Smoochy in your list. That's one of the greatest black comedies of all time. It's incredible.

Also The Illusionist was a really cool movie that everyone sort of forgets because it came out the same year as The Prestige, IIRC. On top of that, I don't care if everone else doesn't like it, I loved The Italian Job remake with Mark Wahlberg. Such a fun movie.

Ed Norton is fucking great.

Not quite a John Cusack level fall off, but his career hasn't turned out as great as you'd have thought, especially the last decade as stated. Great early run though.

Think it's partly his own choice, though, after not having good experiences on the likes of The Italian Job and Hulk. He's minted so doesn't need to compromise, good on him.

Born into extreme wealth.....smashed prime Salma Hayak and made enough for 10 life times, so don't need to feel bad for him.

Back