Replacements that were better than the original

I often lose my wallet in my home. When I search for it I scream, "My wallet's gone! My wallet's gone!"

One of the funniest moments on the whole series in my opinion. Barney Martin was so dialed in to exactly what they wanted/needed that character to be. He was hilarious.

I love the exchange on that same episode when he’s arguing with the maitre’d at the restaurant because he refuses to let Jerry pay but has no wallet to pay for the meal.

Sir we are running a reputable business.

Don’t talk to me about business! I sold raincoats for 35 years.

Ahh, but you did not GIVE them away, did you?

Stiller, Martin, Harris, and Sheridan were all great casting decisions as Jerry and George parents.

Stiller and Martin- since they were not the original actors are really the epitome of this thread topic.

Hammett replacing Mustaine just for the fact that it kept Metallica intact. Mustaine is a far better guitarist and musician but Ulrich's, Hetfield's and Mustaine's egos wouldn't fit in a single unit.
I saw an interview with Mustaine in which he said the real reason he was kicked out of Metallica was because James kicked his dog, so he beat up James.

I believe him. It’s much less believable that a band of alcoholics kicked a guy out for drinking.

I saw an interview with Mustaine in which he said the real reason he was kicked out of Metallica was because James kicked his dog, so he beat up James.

I believe him. It’s much less believable that a band of alcoholics kicked a guy out for drinking.
Maybe he was an angry drunk where the others were chill drunks, and beating up James was the final straw.

Back in black was their biggest album I think but I think they still wouldve been as popular and gotten bigger with Scott

3/4 best selling albums were after Brian took over

1000000944.jpg

Sounds like you're more delusional than Tom Cruise at a scientology rally

Oh yeah......I said it.

Typically fans get mad when a character was recast with a different actor. Like Darren from Bewitched, or Becky from Roseanne.

Or if an original band member is replaced. Or at least a member from the bands breakout era. Like David Lee Roth.

So my question is, how many replacements actually worked out better than the original? And who were they?
Bruce Dickenson is the 2nd iron maiden singer and very few outside of Fat Mike will say maiden was better with Paul Dianno

You think Mustaine is a better guitarist than Hammett? Are you for real?
Mustaine IS a better guitarist and I don't know how that is debatable.

Shit person, shit singer, but his work with the axe is up there.

I like both bands, but my preference is on the progressive technical side and Mustaine blows Hammett out of the water. Hammett plays a fast safe riffing style and his solos get pretty boring

I could play every single Metallica song by the time I was 14, solos included. Megadeth songs were more akin to learning dream theater. It took a good deal longer to acquire and perfect the skills to play the entire rust in peace album

I said it's hard to gauge how successful they would've been if Scott didnt die.

Either way I think they made their best music with Scott.

Yeah yeah yeah I accept your white flag
But for the record if you ever quote me again, I'll kill you until you're dead

<{Joewithit}>

Hate to say it, but I refer more of graves songs in the misfits vs danzig
Graves era was actually good. Lots of replay value. I feel they are close to even

That's like saying Taylor Swift is better than powerwolf because she sold more records.

No it's not like that at all

The real question is how much did revoltub pay you? Because he should ask for a refund with this stupid crap you're pulling out of your buttocks

View attachment 1048567

Always liked Roger Moore a little bit more than Sean Connery. Also helps that he wasn't an asshole in real life like Sean.
I respect that opinion but you're definitely in the minority here. I honestly don't even have a favorite Bond, I really love them all. I think they all did a great job for the era that each was in.

No it's not like that at all

The real question is how much did revoltub pay you? Because he should ask for a refund with this stupid crap you're pulling out of your buttocks
I simply agree that I like Bon Scott era AcDC better and so do a lot of people lol.

The Scott era lasted 5 years and the Johnson era 35 years , yet we're I to make a top 20 favorite songs, 15 would be from the Bon Scott era

I was wondering if someone was gonna bring this up, Seinfeld without all those classic Frank Costanza moments just wouldn't be the same at all
Replacing the Seinfeld dad was smart too, he wasn't as memorable as Jerry Stiller but he still had some really funny scenes, the original dad was too dull and reserved to pull them off imo

Agreed. Frank Costanza is an iconic character

Jerry parents although not as hilarious as George parents they were charismatic and served as a good contrast to Frank and Estelle.

The "original" Frank Costanza was just your plain grumpy old father character. Stiller made him loud, chaotic and hilarious

I simply agree that I like Bon Scott era AcDC better and so do a lot of people lol.

The Scott era lasted 5 years and the Johnson era 35 years , yet we're I to make a top 20 favorite songs, 15 would be from the Bon Scott era

How much did he pay you?

I don't like acdc so both eras can kick rocks
However my point still stands they were a bigger band with Brian

Literally 1 album sold more them their entire discography combined

Back