Renzo and Igor arrested for beating up bouncer

Uh?

First, Vale Tudo is a sport, is done in a ring, with rules and a referee.

Also routinely? Yet you cant probably name 3 foes per Gracie before the 90s.

And you would be wrong, because BJJ comes from Judo and Judo was created as a sport.

Judo came from Jujutsu, which was a battlefield art. Also judo techniques ala fairbairn was used in ww2 and bjj techniques ala MACP and MCMAP have been used in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Just saying.

Any way. Renzo has done a ton for BJJ and MMA and deserves respect for that but this isn't the first time he has acted like a butthurt asshole. Dude needs to stop acting like a 20 year old douchebag.

So a bouncer talks shit and gets his ass beat? Who fucking cares. Now the law wants some cake and of course they are going to get it, Renzo is loaded with cash.

Renzo will get cut a deal from a good lawyer and I bet that guy will think twice about talking shit in the future.

Maybe Renzo should listen to the bouncer and not act like a child and fight everyone over petty insults?

Didn't the same thing happen to overeem and his brother? They laid out 6 bouncers...
Lol I'm not saying it's right, but what do you expect? Starting a fight with someone who fights is going to ends well??

*sigh*
First, Vale Tudo is a sport, is done in a ring, with rules and a referee.

Also routinely? Yet you cant probably name 3 foes per Gracie before the 90s.

I don't think I'm going to lose any sleep over not knowing the names of guys Oswaldo, George, and Helio fought. George alone has a lot of documented fights.

And since you're not going to find much information on behind closed doors challenge matches from the 20's-50's, I have no problem referencing vale tudo matches, considering they're about as close to a street fight as any thing gets, and some of their matches (like the one where Santana knocked Helio out) truly had no rules.

That's not even counting all the street fights they apparently got into.

And you would be wrong, because BJJ comes from Judo and Judo was created as a sport.

BJJ comes from Mitsuyo Maeda, who did a whole lot more than Judo. We're talking about a guy whose nickname was Count Combat. A man who essentially travelled the world to beat people up and learn more about beating people up. A guy who had a match where he let the other guy use a knife.

But fuck, whatever man. You know best, none of this shit we do came from combat. :rolleyes:

Didn't the same thing happen to overeem and his brother? They laid out 6 bouncers...
Lol I'm not saying it's right, but what do you expect? Starting a fight with someone who fights is going to ends well??

I expect a man to act like a man, not fight over petty and basic things that are meaningless at the end of the day.

Judo came from Jujutsu, which was a battlefield art. Also judo techniques ala fairbairn was used in ww2 and bjj techniques ala MACP and MCMAP have been used in Iraq and Afghanistan.

It was a battlefield art over 400 years ago, by the time Jigoro Kano trained it was no longer so, also the techniques that were preserved were in the form of kata.

And lol at MACP and MCMAP these programs come from sportive MAs not the other way around, and the amount of training is generally pretty limited to be reliable on the battlefield.

Just saying.

Still saying that anything that claims to be "battle tested" but doesnt matches the combat nature of the time, its BS. Most of the renaissance of ancient combat arts come from historians and sportsmen trying to recreate something through trial and error in a controlled enviroment.

The guy that created MACP trained asian martial arts.

And to add the icing to the cake, the MCMAP program just requires 80 hours to achieve BB, if we put that in BJJ perspective thats like someone getting a blackbelt in 5 months training 3 times a week.

But im sure these guys can kill anyone with their bare hand right?

I don't think I'm going to lose any sleep over not knowing the names of guys Oswaldo, George, and Helio fought. George alone has a lot of documented fights.

But they fought bajillions right? not to count the street fights vs the ninjas of the favelas.

And since you're not going to find much information on behind closed doors challenge matches from the 20's-50's, I have no problem referencing vale tudo matches, considering they're about as close to a street fight as any thing gets, and some of their matches (like the one where Santana knocked Helio out) truly had no rules.

Two guys agree to something and fight on a ring with an specific ruleset, thats a sport.

That's not even counting all the street fights they apparently got into.

It was the spoiled sons that did such things, probably because the law of Brazil seems to suck and they picked their targets, why didnt they started shit against the gangs from the favelas?

They still think they are in Brazil starting shit with no repercussion? Also last time i checked ganging up on someone and attacking them with construction cones are not part of the curriculum.

BJJ comes from Mitsuyo Maeda, who did a whole lot more than Judo. We're talking about a guy whose nickname was Count Combat. A man who essentially travelled the world to beat people up and learn more about beating people up. A guy who had a match where he let the other guy use a knife.

Which match again? Maeda was a judoka and he traveled the world doing wrestling matches.

But fuck, whatever man. You know best, none of this shit we do came from combat. :rolleyes:

It can be used for combat but its origins are sport, just like someone from the shooting range, can kill someone with a gun.

Judo and BJJ were developed in the mat and they grew as a sport.

Keep the history of combat for another post and focus on this gossip. :)
On another note, how many douche bouncers have pummeled innocents? I know of a few that have led to huge law suits in favor for patrons because of bad decisions from bouncers.
On a second note, why the f@@k train in martial arts if you are never going to use it? Want to be part of the dojo where the sensei gets beat up and doesnt fight back to show his dicipline? Eff that. I learn bjj to use it when i need to. Granted we dont know the circumstances, but an alpha male will not let another disrespect him especially when he knows how to fight..
My experience with bouncers at clubs is extensive as i used to be part of the scene. Most of the times the doormen and bouncers are definately on a power trip. How about the bouncers and doormen using their professionalism to de-escalate confrontstions?
Finally, we can all just speculate untill the facts are brought to light. In the mean time, let the gossip flow!

But they fought bajillions right? not to count the street fights vs the ninjas of the favelas.

If I had to estimate, I'd probably go with gazillions.

It was the spoiled sons that did such things, probably because the law of Brazil seems to suck and they picked their targets, why didnt they started shit against the gangs from the favelas?

You'll probably find that a lot of Gracies did it, if you look. As far back as George and Helio.
Which match again? Maeda was a judoka and he traveled the world doing wrestling matches.
Some Capoeira guy named P

Last edited:
You'll probably find that a lot of Gracies did it, if you look. As far back as George and Helio.

I would stick to fights that made the papers.

Some Capoeira guy named P

Igor Vovchancyn would have knocked out the doorman and Renzo lol

So a bouncer talks shit and gets his ass beat? Who fucking cares. Now the law wants some cake and of course they are going to get it, Renzo is loaded with cash.

Renzo will get cut a deal from a good lawyer and I bet that guy will think twice about talking shit in the future.

I dunno. Maybe Renzo just gets a fine and probation, but maybe not. That is more likely if he has a prior conviction for something similar, which wouldn't shock me. Also he will likely be sued by the bouncer, which if successful would probably be more costly than any fine. I think the bouncer would't be too regretful if he ends up with a large payday plus a slightly fractured elbow.

But really no one here knows what happened. If Renzo was on the guest list and was refused entry by a rude bouncer then Renzo is clearly in the wrong and deserves an expensive lesson. It could easily be the opposite though. Bouncers are notorious for using force and assaulting people when they have no right. I would find neither situation overly surprising.

ATTN bouncers: renzo does not smoke and when you ask him for a cigarette...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...562.1073741827.257477784393759&type=1&theater

ROSE Gracie

When I went out in Brazil, Gracie family members and students would just take over whatever club we were in. Sometimes the bouncers would be Gracie guys too, or other times our guys would just pretend to be bouncers [so they could] clear people away from tables we wanted to sit at and things like that.

One time we were at a club in Rio where all the Jiu-jitsu guys used to hang out. I forget the name of the club because it was always changing. What they do [in Rio] is, they run a club for one or two years and then they tear it apart and build a new club with a new name, but it

MT is a Thailandese sport.

3qkfx1.jpg

Back