Renen Barão fights this weekend...

He looked fucking terrible in his last fight. It's crazy how far he has fallen

Meanwhile you got Jose Aldo MURDERING rising contenders

DefiniteThisAuk-size_restricted.gif
I remember when some people were ranking Barao over Aldo in p4p terms, even then I thought they were nuts to do so and the difference between them has only become more apparent since.

Not trying to shit on Barao, I am a fan and I am sad to see him where he is at now. But he was never in Aldo's league.

Barao benefited from Cruz being out for three years And Dillashaw’s relatively slow come-up in the division.

I feel like if Cruz had been fighting then, Barao likely would have never won the strap.

I mean, it’s not like Barao is losing to top guys. He hasn’t fought Cody, Lineker, Moraes, etc. The only “top” BW he fought lately was Aljo.

And Renan still isn’t making weight. He came in at nearly 142 lbs in his last fight.

But even at FW he hasn’t looked that good. A loss tonight to Sanders and Barao is outta the UFC for sure.

I beg to do differ bud.. He took some damage but was never hurt, while he did hurt his opponent on the feet and finished him with a choke.. For his first fight back in 4 years in a division he nevdr fought in..you cant ask for more
You can ask a guy that was known for his cardio to not look completely gassed in 8 minutes.

Dude lost to Andre Ewell and Brian Kelleher.

Stop it my g.

Yeah, after 14 years of fighting. Read the post again.

The drop off was due to fighting age, not just TJ beating him.

Fighting age and mileage is real.
People shitting on Barao and saying he was never that good are retarded. Dude was a killer in his prime but he lost his mental edge and is just old in fight years.

How long has Anderson been fighting? Is he losing to Sam Alvey?

Ah i didn't know there was one standard length of time where all fighters peaked and troughed. Bodies and brains are all exactly the same with zero variables? I see...

George Foreman was champ at 45, therefore no boxer could have declined or slowed down because of age unless they were older than 45. Got it.

Last edited:
Look barao beat really good fighters to get the belt. But it wasn't like he was fighting world champs or legendary contenders either. He was a really good fighter but not a p4p king and an all time legend himself.

Back