Renen Barão fights this weekend...

YoudBeSurprised

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Did anybody else know that? TJ literally took this mans soul. From arguably the best p4p fighter on the planet to headling the fight pass prelims vs Luke fucking Sanders. Has anybody else fell off a cliff like Renan?

He looked fucking terrible in his last fight. It's crazy how far he has fallen

Meanwhile you got Jose Aldo MURDERING rising contenders

DefiniteThisAuk-size_restricted.gif

Oh, barao still exists huh?

<Durant35>

He needs to stop fighting at 145lbs. Super undersized

Crazy. Guy goes from this
barao-knockout-HD.gif

BaraoKnockout.gif

To this (and losing to a guy without a wikipedia page in his last fight):
vQGZajw.gif

Barao took a lot of scalps before TJ did. How many souls does TJ have?

Barao is the definition of losing that mental edge.

Dude was an absolute killer, but after that beating his career nosedived like nothing I've ever seen. It still amazes me to this day.

Last edited:
He was never that good. He beat Faber on the downside of urijahs career. He finished a few good guys like wineland and Pickett but what legend aside from Faber did he ever face. Only tj who killed him.

Barao is the definition is losing that mental edge.

Dude was a killer, but after that beating his career nosedived like nothing I've ever seen. It still amazes me to this day.

Hendricks comes to mind too

Also inb4 hendricks won...no he didnt 1,3,5 GSP

To be fair, he's been fighting for 14 years now and the quality of opponents he had back when he was 'p4p' wasn't exactly stellar.

Age/fighting age plus better opponents will put you on a down slope.

That been said, I've got him at part of an accumulator so hope he comes through.

He was never that good. He beat Faber on the downside of urijahs career. He finished a few good guys like wineland and Pickett but what legend aside from Faber did he ever face. Only tj who killed him.

what?

Barao was never that good huh? lol. Amazing you've been here for a decade and can still make awful posts like this.

He looked fucking terrible in his last fight. It's crazy how far he has fallen

Meanwhile you got Jose Aldo MURDERING rising contenders

DefiniteThisAuk-size_restricted.gif
I got no beef with Moicano but I was screaming at my tv, "get him Jose, hurt him"!

Also, I feel like guys like Barao who regress so badly either need to take extensive time off to regroup or consider retirement. MMA is an unforgiving sport for people trying to fight their way out of a slump.

Barao beat Scotty Jorgenson, brad Pickett and Eddie wineland. That's who he ran thru to get to.Faber. granted Faber is one of my all time.favorite fighters and I'm probably the #2 in his fan club behind Rosie O'Donnell. So barao had a 5 fight run. That's fucking it. The guy is and was vastly overrated.

TIL there are still people who actually think gsp won that fight. wow

Oh i dont just think i know...1, 3, 5 homie..the fight is scored by rounds..this isnt pride or utlimate who got cut more fighting championships

Back