Renen Barão fights this weekend...

Well for one he took the entire Fly Weight Division didn't he?
ForthrightSameIraniangroundjay-size_restricted.gif
Man Cejudo merked him.

TJ so cocky.

Did anybody else know that? TJ literally took this mans soul. From arguably the best p4p fighter on the planet to headling the fight pass prelims vs Luke fucking Sanders. Has anybody else fell off a cliff like Renan?

The bathtub took his soul. Would have been the GOAT if he didn't slip on the soap!

Did anybody else know that? TJ literally took this mans soul. From arguably the best p4p fighter on the planet to headling the fight pass prelims vs Luke fucking Sanders. Has anybody else fell off a cliff like Renan?
Yes, the hard cores know {<redford}

From being touted as P4P to the facebook prelims

How the mighty have fallen.

To this (and losing to a guy without a wikipedia page in his last fight):
vQGZajw.gif
One of the best performances that I’ve ever seen as an mma fan. Nobody ever gave TJ a shot. This was supposed to be a walk in the park for Barao who was legend status like 32-1 it was crazy. And TJ just fought the perfect fight. Flawless. One of the best upsets I’ve seen. Great fight.

Naw bro...t.j was 20 seconds away from landing that single leg and wining that fight..

Lmfao
Ffs I forgot he didn't lose that fight.

{<jordan}

When he kept asking reporters would you be happy with that win.

The bathtub took his soul. Would have been the GOAT if he didn't slip on the soap!

Bathtubs are no joke, they're 2-0 against UFC fighters with both wins by brutal knockout (Zak Cummings got his skull cracked by a bathtub).

Hendricks comes to mind too

Also inb4 hendricks won...no he didnt 1,3,5 GSP

Hendricks was just a USADA victim.

Barao is a strange case. After getting destroyed by Dillashaw the second time, he FINALLY made improvements in the Stephens fight, where he looked better than ever and wasn't just a slow plodding fighter. But then Stephens cracked him and then Barao reverted to his old ways and lost the fight. Ever since then he showed no sign of these improvements and was his same old self, which is no longer cutting it by today's standards. Bantamweight was pretty weak back then so his rudimentary striking was above average, but now Bantamweight is full of killers and Featherweight is even deadlier. He failed to adapt and improve and now he has fallen behind.

That, and he doesn't use his grappling enough. His BJJ is still top notch.

Hendricks comes to mind too

Also inb4 hendricks won...no he didnt 1,3,5 GSP

I don't know Hendricks didn't have any marks or cuts on him where as George looked like he got beaten up pretty badly. Being a champion and successfully defending your belt does not mean you come out looking like George did and win on scorecards. I can't think of one person that was confident he won before they read the judges score cards. Most of the people I know disagreed with the result and felt that Hendricks won

He looked fucking terrible in his last fight. It's crazy how far he has fallen

Meanwhile you got Jose Aldo MURDERING rising contenders

DefiniteThisAuk-size_restricted.gif
<bball2>
That uppercut left Moicano with the thousand yard stare.

I know Barao has regressed so hard, but cmon this fight is pretty good.

Luke Sanders is a good fighter.

The funny thing is, Luke Sanders will probably win this one. I really thought that guy could be a contender in the BW division, but he has a real knack for winning a fight in impressive fashion... until he loses. Barao is absolutely done, though. Surely Luke can pull this one off?

Barao beat Scotty Jorgenson, brad Pickett and Eddie wineland. That's who he ran thru to get to.Faber. granted Faber is one of my all time.favorite fighters and I'm probably the #2 in his fan club behind Rosie O'Donnell. So barao had a 5 fight run. That's fucking it. The guy is and was vastly overrated.

Those are all pretty solid guys imo, but yeah, the p4p talk was overblown even at the time.

I don't know Hendricks didn't have any marks or cuts on him where as George looked like he got beaten up pretty badly. Being a champion and successfully defending your belt does not mean you come out looking like George did and win on scorecards. I can't think of one person that was confident he won before they read the judges score cards. Most of the people I know disagreed with the result and felt that Hendricks won

MMA Fights are scored by rounds...its the ultimate fighting championships not ultimate who got cut more championships...

Also Lmfao noob judging fights on damage alone

you and like 3 dudes from Canada think he won.

He won man...let it go...hendricks was only good when he could use his vitamin S filled iv bags...once usada rolled in he was nothing while GSP became champ in another division..

His record is very similar to Fedor's.

Back