News Renan Barao signs with Serbian FC

Has there been a worse fall than baraos? :/ dude was in goat convos with his run

Miguel Torres was ko'd nonstop in like 5 straight fights or something wasnt he?

Dude was undefeated for so damn long until Brian Bowles scrambled his brains.

He's the furthest decline I think I've ever seen. He went from #2 P4P with people saying he's one of the best ever, only to start getting smashed by fighters making their debut. Sad.

He should've never been ranked #2 P4P. He was ranked that just for marketing. For his time he was very good but his striking was always limited. The game evolved pretty quickly and he didn't evolve with it.

Never seen a champ struggle like Barao did (maybe Weidman). 5 straight losses, and 1 win in last 8 fights. He was not a UFC caliber fighter anymore. Good luck to him in his future ventures.

He should've never been ranked #2 P4P. He was ranked that just for marketing. For his time he was very good but his striking was always limited. The game evolved pretty quickly and he didn't evolve with it.

To be fair I think it was justified at the time. Silva got KOed, GSP retired, Cain always injured, Jones looked vulnerable... where as Barao was a champion who had barely lost a round in the UFC.

In hindsight he maybe wasn't that great, but it was deserved at the time

Will be sad to see him lose to guys with no wiki page.

But truth be told, he was never a true top 3 PFP fighter like advertised.

I perfectly remember the day Dana White said he thought Barao was one of the P4P best.

At one point, Renan Barao was 32-1, on a 32 fight winning streak, 6-0 in UFC, 3-0 in WEC. The hype was real.

A lot of people, myself including, thought Barao had the potential to be a 3-division champion (135,145,155).

We were all wrong, Dillashaw absolutely destroyed him.
One of those fights that taught me the valuable lesson that anything can happen in MMA.

Barao never recovered from that fight.
After losing to Dillashaw in the rematch, he went 1-7 in the UFC, finishing on a 5 fight losing streak. Ouch

I wish you the best Barao <3

What a fall from grace! From being in conversations about P4P best on the planet to fighting in a fourth-rate Eastern European promotion. Surely he could have got a deal with someone more renowned like Jungle Fight?

I would understand if he would sign with ACA. Let's say ACA don't want him then KSW but why the fuck SBC? Fighting for 250 € + Cevapcici with ajvar?

Hope he don't need the money and doing it just to explore new cultures etc but i doubt it unfortuntaley.

I would understand if he would sign with ACA. Let's say ACA don't want him then KSW but why the fuck SBC? Fighting for 250 € + Cevapcici with ajvar?

Don't talk shit about cevapcici and ajvar !

Barao skroz propao pa dosao u Srbiju.

Moze da radi boks mec sa Palmom ili Arkanovim malim lol

Barao is done.
The due lost all his confidence, natural abilities and disipline.

Even A Juiced Barao is E level at best

I bet he gets destroyed in his promotional debut

He’s even too scared of the Bellator/one/ PFL level competition

Well I guess it's better than bareknuckle fighting. A lot of second-tier promotions are actually ready to pay former UFC stars good money.

Diego Brandao of all people made some waves fighting in Russia.

Two very different stories. There is money in mma in russia with the Oligarchs and other business interests.
The sport is supported by the government so there is serious money to be made.

In Serbia forget it! He will fight for next to nothing, or not get what he is promised.
I t cant be more than focussing on coaching in brazil. Maybe his head really is that fucked up from the beatings that he cant do that anymore. Sad development. He should have retired some time ago.

He's the furthest decline I think I've ever seen. He went from #2 P4P with people saying he's one of the best ever, only to start getting smashed by fighters making their debut. Sad.
The only other kind of similar declines I can think of are guys like Paulo Filho. His decline was so drastic it makes me think it wasn't just a normal decline -- something was going on behind the scenes.

I perfectly remember the day Dana White said he thought Barao was one of the P4P best.

At one point, Renan Barao was 32-1, on a 32 fight winning streak, 6-0 in UFC, 3-0 in WEC. The hype was real.

A lot of people, myself including, thought Barao had the potential to be a 3-division champion (135,145,155).

We were all wrong, Dillashaw absolutely destroyed him.
One of those fights that taught me the valuable lesson that anything can happen in MMA.

Barao never recovered from that fight.
After losing to Dillashaw in the rematch, he went 1-7 in the UFC, finishing on a 5 fight losing streak. Ouch

I wish you the best Barao <3
You weren't wrong. You can go back and watch his performances back then. The way he handled Faber 2x, Brad Pickett, Eddie Wineland, Michael McDonald, Jorgenson was out of this world. Those guys were GREAT fighters, and he just made them look like amateurs. His skill level right then was GOAT on the level of Anderson, Mighty Mouse, Aldo, GSP, Fedor, Jones, etc...

And then it just went.. away, he looked like bum fights in the octagon overnight. Something happened behind the scenes.

Back