reminder: InoGOAT vs Donaire is on Thursday at 6am-ish est

didn't Villanueva drop Nery?

Not saying the man can't box, he's clearly Inoue's best possible opponent at 118, but let's not act like he's looked invincible.
Villanueva ain't no scrub but still Nery finished him in the 6th so he's got that dog in him too. I'm hoping this fight happens if Nery beats Rodriguez. And the fuck you're talking about Willis who said Nery is Invincible. Just saying there's levels to this.

he didn't annihilate donaire like he was supposed to, so now naturally everyone is saying he's exposed and no good.

meanwhile, luis nery who either misses weight or can't pass a PED test is the true hero of the division. he would also dominate inoue because naoya had a competitive fight with nonito, despite the fact that both nery and inoue faced payano and nery had a somewhat competitive match with him while inoue fucking murdered him in a minute.

retards crawl out of many holes after every great fight. it might be best to just ignore them.
For me, Inoue's stock went wayyyyy up after that fight.

He passed with flying colours, working through a nasty cut, and some adversity to prevail. It's easy to look great when you're blasting guys out in a round, but Inoue had to walk through fire, took some huge shots and came out even stronger.

In the 9th, Nonito had a great round, and hurt Inoue. In the 10th, though, Inoue came out and put on one of his more dominant rounds of the fight! He truly had to prove that he had the heart of a champion, and he did it.

I knew that he was good, but now I know that he has what it takes to be Great.

Villanueva ain't no scrub but still Nery finished him in the 6th so he's got that dog in him too. I'm hoping this fight happens if Nery beats Rodriguez. And the fuck you're talking about Willis who said Nery is Invincible. Just saying there's levels to this.
yeah and honestly Nery hasn't really showed anything about being "levels" above Inoue

Sherdog boxing experts

pre-fight: Inoue's a monster like godzilla, he has the power of a titan like Thanos - it's otherworldy, I love him, RIP Donaire, KO 2,3,4,5. You don't think so? YDKSAB.

post-fight: Donaire's a fucking badass, legend. Respect. This was good for Inoue. I wanted to see him tested. He showed his full set of skills, he leveled up to god like boxing skills because of this fight. Still GOAT.

When your predictions are so far from the result maybe you need to take a step back and evaluate whether you know as much about boxing as you think you do.

Sherdog boxing experts

pre-fight: Inoue's a monster like godzilla, he has the power of a titan like Thanos - it's otherworldy, I love him, RIP Donaire, KO 2,3,4,5. You don't think so? YDKSAB.

post-fight: Donaire's a fucking badass, legend. Respect. This was good for Inoue. I wanted to see him tested. He showed his full set of skills, he leveled up to god like boxing skills because of this fight. Still GOAT.

When your predictions are so far from the result maybe you need to take a step back and evaluate whether you know as much about boxing as you think you do.

You post has no merit unless you name the people, then those can defend/accept their predictions.

A lot of people never said those things and this forum is tiny.

I'd like to add I didn't think he'll walk through Donaire, nobody does. <Moves>

Sherdog boxing experts

Cool story, bro.

Sherdog boxing experts

Actually... wait. Wrong post. I half agree with sentiment.

Sherdog boxing experts

inoue's power is in fact otherworldly. have you seen his fights prior to this one? he's been moving through divisions and mowing down champions. not just beating them, but fucking them up left and right.

donaire is a fucking badass, and this was good for inoue. he did show us a lot.

you make it seem as if the two are mutually exclusive. yeah, a lot of people (me included) thought he would knock him out quickly. and?

inoue's power is in fact otherworldly. have you seen his fights prior to this one? he's been moving through divisions and mowing down champions. not just beating them, but fucking them up left and right.

donaire is a fucking badass, and this was good for inoue. he did show us a lot.

you make it seem as if the two are mutually exclusive. yeah, a lot of people (me included) thought he would knock him out quickly. and?

I thought he'd crush Donaire, but we can't ignore this fight. Donaire started as low as Inoue as he put up a hell of a fight. It's not like Inoue has fought a lot of great opposition beforehand, and it's not like he was necessarily dwarfed.

Watched the whole thing. Inoue is no defensive wizard, he ate hard lefts like gummy bears, but man, does he have a chin and a gas tank. Late in the fight, at the end of every round he had this funny face, like "Hey, the guy fights back and I'm kind of enjoying this". The kid is a fighter. Now, if he doesn't hold his hands up or move his head better, someone with serious pop will get to him at some point.

It could have been Donaire. He's old as fuck at this weight, but make no mistake, provided he showed up in shape he had the right tools to play right into Inoue's weaknesses with his height, reach, timing and power at BW.

We'll see if Inoue is stubborn or if he adjusts a little. This is gonna be interesting.

Last edited:
I thought he'd crush Donaire, but we can't ignore this fight. Donaire started as low as Inoue as he put up a hell of a fight. It's not like Inoue has fought a lot of great opposition beforehand, and it's not like he was necessarily dwarfed.
i actually disagree about the quality of opposition.

he won hist first belt in his 6th fight, from a two division champion in hernandez, who had had like 30 fights going in.

he moved up 2 divisions to destroy narvaez, who had made some ridiculous 25 defenses of his belt and whose only loss was to a prime donaire. narvaez got wrecked.

he moved up again to beat the shit out of another champion in mcdonnell, who was considered a top fighter at bantamweight. he whooped him in what, a minute? just walked in there and hit him a hundred times until jamie went down.

those may not be household names, but they were legit champions, and they were blown out of the water completely. it's one thing to win championships in different weight classes, it's another thing entirely to move through them and annihilate a top guy in every division you step into. he wasn't winning those belts from people who just stumbled into the championships, they were legit champs. the fact that inoue had a competitive fight with another 4 division champion isn't something we should be using to discredit him... not to mention he actually dropped nonito, was blocked by the ref from swarming on him, and donaire still barely beat the count.

he's a three division champ, he's won the WBSS tournament, has only had 19 fights and is 26 years old. that's an incredible career already, no matter how you slice it.

and anyone who is now saying they weren't hyped about inoue before is a fucking liar. people were either in awe of his power and ability, they hadn't seen him fight, or they truly didn't know shit about boxing. no one watches a kid blast his way through champions and goes "well, he's nothing special, he'll be exposed soon". it's just revisionist assholes trying to stir up shit now.

i actually disagree about the quality of opposition.

he won hist first belt in his 6th fight, from a two division champion in hernandez, who had had like 30 fights going in.

he moved up 2 divisions to destroy narvaez, who had made some ridiculous 25 defenses of his belt and whose only loss was to a prime donaire. narvaez got wrecked.

he moved up again to beat the shit out of another champion in mcdonnell, who was considered a top fighter at bantamweight. he whooped him in what, a minute? just walked in there and hit him a hundred times until jamie went down.

those may not be household names, but they were legit champions, and they were blown out of the water completely. it's one thing to win championships in different weight classes, it's another thing entirely to move through them and annihilate a top guy in every division you step into. he wasn't winning those belts from people who just stumbled into the championships, they were legit champs. the fact that inoue had a competitive fight with another 4 division champion isn't something we should be using to discredit him... not to mention he actually dropped nonito, was blocked by the ref from swarming on him, and donaire still barely beat the count.

he's a three division champ, he's won the WBSS tournament, has only had 19 fights and is 26 years old. that's an incredible career already, no matter how you slice it.

and anyone who is now saying they weren't hyped about inoue before is a fucking liar. people were either in awe of his power and ability, they hadn't seen him fight, or they truly didn't know shit about boxing. no one watches a kid blast his way through champions and goes "well, he's nothing special, he'll be exposed soon". it's just revisionist assholes trying to stir up shit now.

I'm not saying Inoue wasn't a top p4p fighter before this fight (I had him top 10 and I've been keen on the guy since he was a teenager), I'm just saying that people were already anointing the guy. I never once said I wasn't "hyped" about the guy; I was. People expected Pacquiao-esque things (even if that was absurd from the beginning).

The fact he goes hard rounds with a very shop-worn Donaire really does dampen things, though. That's just a fact. He's going to be in a position to prove the doubters that he just incurred wrong now, which is the beauty of boxing.

I'm not saying Inoue wasn't a top p4p fighter before this fight (I had him top 10 and I've been keen on the guy since he was a teenager), I'm just saying that people were already anointing the guy. I never once said I wasn't "hyped" about the guy; I was. People expected Pacquiao-esque things (even if that was absurd from the beginning).

The fact he goes hard rounds with a very shop-worn Donaire really does dampen things, though. That's just a fact. He's going to be in a position to prove the doubters that he just incurred wrong now, which is the beauty of boxing.
oh i wasn't talking about you, sorry if it came out wrong. i wasn't trying to imply you were one of the revisionist assholes.

of course knocking nonito dead would've been better, i just don't think going hard 12 rounds with someone like donaire should really be derailing the hype train. there isn't a great fighter in history of the sport who knocked out everyone.

I don’t care if most are going to keep riding on Inoue’s nutsack, nearly everyone including myself didn’t see Donaire going the distance with Inoue’s hype that’s undeniable.

I won’t discredit him the dude has potential, good power, speed and a good chin with that said he also showed he could be hurt and some top dogs might take his power well. although his response to being hurt was to circle away and reset which is good he doesn’t keep engaging unresponsively when hurt. He also showed holes in his defense as well. We’ll only know if he learned from this as we keep seeing him.

There’s also a negative to the whole “lesson” concept because Donaire’s patience and timing has never been the best. He could have done a lot more for example, the first half of the fight Donaire missed a lot of his shots, he was reckless and desperate to land at times and this got him hit often, second half he calmed down and started timing the right and look at what he did with it and was able to land a lot more with patience alone. Every time Inoue was on to something Donaire got his attention and made em bleed like that big left when Inoue went for the kill in the 11th, is to say Donaire could have done more damage in the 12 rounds and took less damage.

We’ll see what happens with inoue from here on, a fight with Rigo seems interesting, I see Rigo up on the cards if he goes to his old ways, but if he comes with that brawling BS he might take a lil nap.

Donaire got a long count after getting knocked down by a body shot from Inoue. My perception of time is weaker than most people's, but that was definitely longer than 10 seconds.

Donaire got a long count after getting knocked down by a body shot from Inoue. My perception of time is weaker than most people's, but that was definitely longer than 10 seconds.

Up @ 11 by my count

Some folks wrote Donaire off a long time ago, neglecting the fact that his worst showings were at weight classes above his optimal weight.

I had HOPED that moving back down in weight would allow him to shine at the beginning of the tourney, and it did. Donaire is a bad ass, no doubt.

Still, you can’t blame folks for thinking that the move down was going to be a disaster, because usually in boxing, the move back down is done out of a desperation to remain relevant long after a fighter is shot, and it DOES end up being a train wreck.
Not this time.

Back