1. Walt Harris' daughter is missing around Auburn, Alabama. Please read this thread for more information.

reminder: InoGOAT vs Donaire is on Thursday at 6am-ish est

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Queen B, Nov 3, 2019.

1. vapor&dust

vapor&dust Blue Belt

Nah it's just you backpedaling

2. baconCrunch

baconCrunch Brown Belt

gotta be honest, donaire looked better than some of his fights ten years ago..

next fight for inoue
    nery is nothing special. i seriously doubt that fight will happen, based on nery's cheating past. no one wants to risk taking on a guy who misses wgt and is potentially on peds.
    oubaali is prob next. quality opponent..

3. vapor&dust

vapor&dust Blue Belt

This is true which, in addition to Donaire's age and mileage, should be a wake up call for the jock riders.

4. Hagler

Hagler Man of wealth and taste

Nope. It’s called « analyzing what did happen », which happens to be different from « predicting the outcome of a fight ».

And since I gave him an actual chance to win this before the fight and discussed it in here, you’re quite the cool stories expert, bro.

randomg1t likes this.
  5. vapor&dust

vapor&dust Blue Belt

Nah you put in some hedging statement about making it interesting so you could come back and say you're right either way. You didn't say he had a chance to win. You thought Inoue would finish Donaire. Inoue was eating a lot more than left hooks.

6. Hagler

I actually said Donaire did have a chance, as opposed to what was said by others, mostly because Donaire's left hook counter could work pretty well.

Well, the fight went the distance and I did not think it would. Also, Inoue won, Donaire gave a decent account of himself and the left hook worked plenty. I wasn't perfectly accurate, I wasn't all that far from what happened either. That's what predictions are about.

You're kind of entertainting, though. Keep going with the cool stories, bro.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  7. vapor&dust

vapor&dust Blue Belt

I actually wasn't talking about you in my original post but you thought I was and you were a little butt hurt so you responded to me but I think if you're being honest you were doing a bit of backpedaling after the fight and I don't see where you gave Donaire a chance, just that he could make it interesting.

8. Hagler

Interestingly enough, you're the one backpedaling here, saying "I wasn't talking about you" pretty late in this fascinating discussion.

I said on page 1 : "I doubt it makes it to the full 12 but Donaire has a puncher's chance here. Inoue can be hit early. If he eats the big left hook counter, things may get interesting. If he doesn't, Nonito is gone in the middle rounds." And guess what ? Said big left hook counter landed, it took quite some steam from Inoue, things got interesting, and Nonito was not gone in the middle rounds.

As I explained in my previous post, "I wasn't perfectly accurate, I wasn't all that far from what happened either. That's what predictions are about."

I'm glad I'm so important to you, though. You may be my forum pet, known as "the cool story bro".

9. Minowafanatic

Minowafanatic Black Belt

best fight of the year imo

10. vapor&dust

vapor&dust Blue Belt

In fact you were totally wrong. Where did you say Donaire had a chance?

11. Hagler

What part of "a puncher's chance" would suggest a chance ? Take a guess.

A tad generic, I'll give you that, but I did elaborate a little later : "Oh, he'll (Inoue) be a clear favorite. The thing is : he's not a defensive wizard and Nonito has some pop. Especially at 118. If he hits flush, I don't think Inoue has ever felt anything similar. (...) He'll come at Donaire, and Donaire made a career out of tagging those who come at him."

You're very welcome, bro.

12. vapor&dust

vapor&dust Blue Belt

Hehe. When I whistle you come running like a dog.

That's not a serious analysis. That's a cya statement so you can say you were right no matter the outcome. First you say he has a chance then litertally 2 sentences later you only say it could be interesting. You can do this with all top fights. Well if fighter A does this then he has a chance.

This is what you really thought. Anybody who would bet money on a fighter who thought their opponent had a legit chance to one shot them is, well, stupid.

13. randomg1t

randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

you do realize naoya won the fight, right?

so the people who predicted he would KO donaire were totally wrong?

what was your prediction for this fight, mr fancypants?

Minowafanatic likes this.
  14. Hagler

Sadly, morons are people who claim nothing but one single outcome could happen in any given fight. This is boxing we're talking about, pet.

And an obvious underdog may have a chance to win the fight. I let you try to wrap your mind around this one, son. I'm no 6th grade teacher. I'm not a betting person either, but there happen to be different sorts of strategies for a boxing fight. Aiming at low risk, Inoue was the way to go.

Please, bring up some more cool stories. Not sure why you seem to be enjoying this, but you're mildly entertaining to slap around.

Minowafanatic and randomg1t like this.
  15. vapor&dust

vapor&dust Blue Belt

You actually edited this to change 10th grade to 6th grade. Lmao, you really are French. Was that supposed to drive me over the edge to suicide. Here's a cool story. The only thing getting slapped around is you, by Mohammed. Now that is truly entertaining to watch from afar.

16. Hagler

See, editing is worth it : you keep coming back to my previous posts. As you should, because that's what pets do.

Save your (other) uneducated views for the war room. You'll make yourself some great friends in there, pet.

17. aries

aries Silver Belt

Inoue did well and almost stopped Donaire there with a lovely liver shot but I picked Inoue to win and won me some money on the outcome. But it was Donaire that really impressed me. He was beating Inoue to the punch on many occasions and he had his timing really well so that he was picking him off with the counters. Donaire still looks sharp at this weight. Good win for Inoue but he had to really work for it. He got a cut early on but didn't let it bother him too much. Good to see him not just blowing opponents away.

Minowafanatic and Hagler like this.
  18. ccm22

ccm22 Green Belt

Fantastic fight. I’ve watched it twice today and could probably watch it again. I hope the cruiser weight final is as good.

19. randomg1t

randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

all right so i just watched the fight again.

donaire was counted out in the 11th. the ref literally counted all the way to 10, even showed him 10 fingers, and then donaire popped back up. you can see naoya in the background pointing at him like "there, that's ten!!"

so not only did the ref stop him from swarming, which gave donaire a solid couple of seconds extra to recover, he also didn't call the fight when he rightfully should have.

donaire spent roughly 13 seconds down, which i'm not going to hold against the ref, it's difficult to count out a precise 10 seconds... but if you get to ten and the guy is down, he's done.

20. Kovalev's "Man Bag"

Kovalev's "Man Bag" I don't do titles

Just rewatched the count. The ref got to 9 and then Donaire popped back up. He was about 200 milliseconds away from being counted out.

RabbitPunch36 likes this.