Remember when a few years ago some said that Fedor was irrelevant?

Fighters know he's waay past prime, coming off 3+ years of inactivity. They'd like his name as a win on their records. Hopefully Fedor still has that greatness to make them regret their wish.

yes!

Plus he said Fair and square... PED silva and PED Hendo...Werdum is the only legit win...and they all won while fedor was obvisouly over the hill...Now he looks in great condition...shit will be epic.

nailed it.

Listen up Pakkie,

Relevant: closely connected or appropriate to the matter at hand.

It's generally accepted that the goal for elite fighters is to become the Champion. Fedor has not been working towards that goal, he has not been close to that goal, in fact he said himself he has no interest in achieving that goal. If you can't figure this shit I won't be surprised, you're just like all the other Fedor worshippers.

P.S. your sig gives away your bias.

You're racist and wrong. This is prize fighting, not championship fighting. Plenty of guys fight for a paycheck and that Rebox money, not just to be the champion. Fedor could easily crush prospects and contenders alike, and that would be extremely relevant to the title picture. He could even vie for the title if he seriously wants it.

So you think he is still in his prime?:)

Fedor is so great that he is causing waves way past his prime, after soon to be 3 years and half long retirement:)

But he didn't lose because he was past his prime. He lost because he wasn't into it enough anymore to fight to his capabilities.

he is not causing waves anywhere except on this board.... he is not a huge draw at all and basically caused 2 org to go bankrupt....

i would love to see him finally fight in the UFC, way to many years late... but it will not end well for him at all

Being retired makes you, by definition, irrelevant.

Except when you come out of retirement and win a big fight.

See Randy Couture vs Tim Sylvia some years back.

Of course other heavyweights want to fight him, it's a sure win and easy pay day for them.

it's kind of like all the people who were calling out punk, they recognized his greatness

Being called out just means you have a name. Wanderlei Silva was the most called out fighter in his last UFC run and was fighting at under a .500 clip.

Things were also different three ears ago. He wasn't a free agent that people thought might sign with the UFC. He was doing uninteresting bouts in Russia and Japan then.

If Fedor signs with World Series of Fighting or M-1 or something it will be the same as then. Fedor has so many hardcore fans they hate the UFC and now even they are calling for them to make him relevant again.

Fighters know he's waay past prime, coming off 3+ years of inactivity. They'd like his name as a win on their records. Hopefully Fedor still has that greatness to make them regret their wish.

Yeah:) I hope so too:)

Sherdog has called every fighter irrelevant after a loss.

Yeah hehe:D

No matter how dominant a fighter is, once he loseshe is immediately labeled overrated here, and was never good:D etc...:D Ridicuouls:)

Ranking wise, money wise he is still some how relevant as a lot of people have heard the name over the years.

I'm pretty curious what type of PPV numbers he can draw. Definitely the hardcores would be interested. I could also see guys who liked PRIDE but lost interest in MMA also get back into watching the sport. He's popular in Asia and Europe but iirc they don't count in PPV numbers since they don't have to pay (I think, idk how it really works).

A guy like Fedor will always be relevant in the sense that every fighter out there knows who he is and therefore many/most would be interested/supportive of him coming back. However in terms of PPV potential I'm not too sure how relevant he is. For that reason I think it'd be best to have him fight the winner of Mir/Arlovski before getting a title shot. It'd be a great matchup (and winnable as long as he's not completely shot) and a great way to reintroduce him to the MMA world.

To some degree I agree however when you leave a legacy as prominent as Fedors there is definitely some residual influence.

I feel like I felt when MJ returned to play for the Wizzards:)

I knew he was past his prime, but I still loved to see him play and still kick as*:)

I feel the same:)

He lost because Werdum, Hendo and Antonio Silva whooped his ass fair and square.

This.

2003-2009, he was awesome. But the sport and advanced and he slowed down and got passed by. It happens to all the greats.

Coming back now to do anything other than fixed exhibition type fights would be a terrible move on his part.

nice 2 legit wins meanwhile gsp has like triple the top 5 wins

GSP dominated the MMA D league, son.

Tell me how GSP would have defeated Choi. Just for fun.

Tell me how.

And Choi is supposed to be Fedor's freak fight...

GSP never faced a significantly bigger fighter.

So stop mentioning him with the guy who dominated the alpha male division for a decade.

This.

2003-2009, he was awesome. But the sport and advanced and he slowed down and got passed by. It happens to all the greats.

Coming back now to do anything other than fixed exhibition type fights would be a terrible move on his part.

Only someone who didn't watch those fights would say such nonsense. He was so far ahead of his time, his only real weakness against these "new breed" types was athleticism. When he lost to Werdum it was arrogance after going undefeated for so long. When he lost to Bigfoot, Bigfoot was TRT'd out the ass. By the time he faced Hendo, his mind was no longer in the fight game. These disadvantages other than athleticism can be overcome with the right mindset. If he comes back focused and without the weight of the MMA world on his shoulders, he can be the champion again.

Plus he said Fair and square... PED silva and PED Hendo...Werdum is the only legit win...and they all won while fedor was obvisouly over the hill...Now he looks in great condition...shit will be epic.

Yeah, but Fedor should still have won vs all 3.

Even in shape and mental state he was in.

I'm pretty curious what type of PPV numbers he can draw. Definitely the hardcores would be interested. I could also see guys who liked PRIDE but lost interest in MMA also get back into watching the sport. He's popular in Asia and Europe but iirc they don't count in PPV numbers since they don't have to pay (I think, idk how it really works).

A guy like Fedor will always be relevant in the sense that every fighter out there knows who he is and therefore many/most would be interested/supportive of him coming back. However in terms of PPV potential I'm not too sure how relevant he is. For that reason I think it'd be best to have him fight the winner of Mir/Arlovski before getting a title shot. It'd be a great matchup (and winnable as long as he's not completely shot) and a great way to reintroduce him to the MMA world.

Fuck PPVs.

I don't judge one's greatness or relevancy by PPV numbers.

If Americans don't pay PPVs to see Fedor, then I don't know why do they pay them at all.

If the GOAT and one of the most entertaining fighters won't generate huge PPV numbers, it's just a reflection of stupid and tasteless MMA fans.

I mean how do you not want to see him fight?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back