Remember when a few years ago some said that Fedor was irrelevant?

Fuck PPVs.

I don't judge one's greatness or relevancy by PPV numbers.

If Americans don't pay PPVs to see Fedor, then I don't know why do they pay them at all.

If the GOAT and one of the most entertaining fighters won't generate huge PPV numbers, it's just a reflection of stupid and tasteless MMA fans.

I mean how do you not want to see him fight?

I don't really care much about PPVs too but it does reflect somewhat how "relevant" someone is in terms of popularity (not in terms of actual skill).

If Fedor signs with the UFC I think potentially they could make his title shot 10x more hype if he beats Mir/Arlovski. Normally I don't care too much about the build up of fights but in this case I think it'd be the best thing to do. If Fedor gets an immediate title shot it's basically going to be just because he is a legend of the sport. If he KOs Mir/Arlovski it will show everyone that he's not back just to fuck around, but that he's still a serious threat.

Either way I just really hope he signs with the UFC. It'd be amazing to see him fighting in there. Would be disappointed if he signs with WSOF/Bellator

I don't really care much about PPVs too but it does reflect somewhat how "relevant" someone is in terms of popularity (not in terms of actual skill).

If Fedor signs with the UFC I think potentially they could make his title shot 10x more hype if he beats Mir/Arlovski. Normally I don't care too much about the build up of fights but in this case I think it'd be the best thing to do. If Fedor gets an immediate title shot it's basically going to be just because he is a legend of the sport. If he KOs Mir/Arlovski it will show everyone that he's not back just to fuck around, but that he's still a serious threat.

Either way I just really hope he signs with the UFC. It'd be amazing to see him fighting in there. Would be disappointed if he signs with WSOF/Bellator

Agreed.

But I never gave a sh*t about popularity. Bieber is more popular than any fighter....

So much for popularity and it's importance to my opinion.

I'm also a metal guy, so the value of popularity is very clear to me:)

People who don't like watching fights are weaklings IMO. As are people who can't listen to metal. I can listen to anything. Even when I hate it, but most people can't even get trough one metal song without starting to complain. Sheep:)

GSP dominated the MMA D league, son.

Tell me how GSP would have defeated Choi. Just for fun.

Tell me how.

And Choi is supposed to be Fedor's freak fight...

GSP never faced a significantly bigger fighter.

So stop mentioning him with the guy who dominated the alpha male division for a decade.

youre a crazy person so im not gonna argue with you

The fact that the ufc shill brigade was so desperate to decry him as irrelevant really said it all as far as how relevant he still is.

The fact that the ufc shill brigade was so desperate to decry him as irrelevant really said it all as far as how relevant he still is.

Yup. It also shows that his fans are in fact great as opposed to popular belief.

We stuck with Fedor trough all the disgusting bombarding. And will continue to do so, while other fighters' fans go and hide in a hole when their fighter has a bad time period.

Regardless of how much you want to tongue Fedor's butthole he remains irrelevant. If he fights a ranked fighter, and wins, then he can become relevant. If you don't fight, then you're not relevant. I realize English isn't your first language and there are probably no schools in whatever 3rd world ghetto you're from but surely even you can understand this.

There are things which I've heard and things which are generally true:

Canadians are very polite people

Ghettos in third world countries have extremely limited access to the internet

I leave it to you to work out this puzzle on your own.

GSP dominated the MMA D league, son.

Tell me how GSP would have defeated Choi. Just for fun.

Tell me how.

Run around the cage until Choi got tired then submit him.

Run around the cage until Choi got tired then submit him.

Minowa tried that on Zulu and got TKOed:)

And why would Choi get tired?:)

Sounds like GSP would get tired sooner because of the waaaay longer distance at speed.

Now seriously:)

Minowa tried that on Zulu and got TKOed

Minowa isn't as skilled or as smart a fighter as GSP

And I say that as a Minowa fan.

Takase used that strategy to beat Yarbrough:)

People will call out Fedor now for the same reason fighters were calling out Matt Hughes at the tail end of his career...he was no longer an invincible force, and having a hall of famer's name on your resume is a great accomplishment.

Fedor was on top when Pride was going on. He hasn't fared so well in sanctioned fights. He is a legend, but even legends get old. Nolan Ryan doesn't throw a hundred mile per hour fastball anymore, Michael Jordan (probably) can't dunk from the free throw line anymore...and Fedor...he could still be competitive, but he isn't anywhere near the top of the pack.

Back