Remakes need to stop

The suffering, darkwatch, and a lot of horror action on ps2, needs remade.

I'd love to get some Max Payne remakes done. I thought Max Payne 3 was great other than the guys talking in Brazilian language which kind of ruined it. One of the best things about Max Payne was listening to the dialogue of the bad guys.
They would react to you too which blew my mind at the time. They'd stop mid conversation when Max comes around the corner "HEY!" and pull their guns out. I'd also love a Max Payne remake.

They would react to you too which blew my mind at the time. They'd stop mid conversation when Max comes around the corner "HEY!" and pull their guns out. I'd also love a Max Payne remake.

Remake of 1 & 2 is happening

Full remake by the sounds of it, Remedy are doing it and combining both 1 + 2 into one game in agreement with Rockstar

https://www.remedygames.com/games/max-payne-remake/

Oh shit you know what I do remember hearing about this. Now that you brought up Remedy. I remember getting excited because Remedy was handling it and I'm a fan of that studio. Control reminded me a lot of the way Max Payne games feel.

I wholeheartedly completely disagree with you on remastered games. Being able to replay some of my favorite games on newer consoles is amazing.

I really wish they were able to remaster the True Crime series of games. I loved those.

Full remake by the sounds of it, Remedy are doing it and combining both 1 + 2 into one game in agreement with Rockstar

As a big fan of the 1st game, I'm not sure how I feel about BOTH games being remade into one.

Love the gameplay of the 1st.
Love the story of the 2nd. (Gameplay was a downgrade)
Played about 3/4ths of the 3rd. Thought it was okay.

The 1st & 2nd are two very different games with completely different pacing.

Somewhat off subject, but my favorite character in the 1st game was Mona Sax despite she was only in 2 cutscenes. She was an awesome femme fatale character.

In the sequel they made her a main character and it was far more noir with her and Max having a relationship/conflict reminescent to Daredevil & Elektra.

Think one of the reasons why I couldn't get into the 3rd game is because she wasn't in it.

Last edited:
As a big fan of the 1st game, I'm not sure how I feel about BOTH games being remade into one.

Love the gameplay of the 1st.
Love the story of the 2nd. (Gameplay was a downgrade)
Played about 3/4ths of the 3rd. Thought it was okay.

The 1st & 2nd are two very different games with completely different pacing.

Somewhat off subject, but my favorite character in the 1st game was Mona Sax despite she was only in 2 cutscenes. She was an awesome femme fatale character.

In the sequel they made her a main character and it was far more noir with her and Max having a relationship/conflict reminescent to Daredevil & Elektra.

Think one of the reasons why I couldn't get into the 3rd game is because she wasn't in it.
I didn't like old bald Max and the Brazil (I believe) setting. It started off well in New york, that's what I wanted, a dark noir setting.

I played the first two many multiple times, especially with the Kung-Fu/Matrix mod for the first. I never finished the 3rd, started it multiple times too.

This is awesome news, hopefully it's not stuck on Epic Games Store forever, as I believe they own Remedy now?

With all of their money, I wish Valve would buy some studios.

The PS1 launched in 95 here and games were $49.99. That's $99.51 in 2023 money.
The PS3 (which also used BR discs) launched in 06 and games were $59.99. That's now $90.27.
I think PS1 games were 39.99. Crazy thing is that the PS1 actually reduced prices by a lot. New games on N64 were at least $70. Same with a lot of Genesis and SNES games before them. At 70 bucks, we are just now getting back to the actual dollar cost of games in the early 90s.

idgaf, I want Twisted Metal 1 & 2.

I think PS1 games were 39.99. Crazy thing is that the PS1 actually reduced prices by a lot. New games on N64 were at least $70. Same with a lot of Genesis and SNES games before them. At 70 bucks, we are just now getting back to the actual dollar cost of games in the early 90s.
They weren't $40 until years later and multi-disc games were still $50.

I can see from a perspective of young people today wanting to play some of the old games and having a hard time with the graphics of their respective day but I personally don't agree with it. The old graphics are awesome, the old sound is awesome and "remakes" just aren't the same game.

Something like Diablo 2 was done right imo, same game, same sounds, just a little cleaner and updated for console. Maybe i'm confused about what defines a remake but something like Planescape Torment was re-released on the switch and it's almost identical to the pc version just adapted for console which is a good thing i'd say (other than the bugs). Make old games accessible but don't make them new games, make new games new games...

on the NES emulator on nintendo switch my son who is 13 comments all the time how good the music in the game is. steam has many hundreds of old games available to play. nintendo switch online (20 bucks a year...great deal.) has NES, SNES, sega, and N64 emulators.

It doesn’t look like you’re likely to get it, unfortunately

I have a feeling the news of it being in development hell is misdirection.

If there'a not a preview/gameplay trailer within a year I'll change my opinion though.

They'll continue to be made because there's too few new ideas now. It's all been done. As someone said, it's low risk high reward. They sell very well and there's little chance you fuck up. The only remake that really matters is MGS1. Imagine getting an RE4 remake before that.

Back