Remakes need to stop

Burd

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Can’t we just get original stories? Pump out a new resident evil story or silent hill story or dead space. Remasters too. The last of us is going to probably get remade on ps5. It’s just lazy. Give me a side story on the last of us day 1 outbreak or something. Then these remakes are pretty much just remasters. Tired of this.

FkzwjnJknkrFlozkTdeQBMub.png

By all accounts, RE9 is in the works.

Naughty Dog is working on a new IP.

EA is churning out plenty of new titles.

There are new IP’s and new sequels to existing IP’s coming out every single month.

I’ve said before, these studios are large enough to work on multiple projects at once. It’ll be fine.

FkzwjnJknkrFlozkTdeQBMub.png

By all accounts, RE9 is in the works.

Naughty Dog is working on a new IP.

EA is churning out plenty of new titles.

There are new IP’s and new sequels to existing IP’s coming out every single month.

I’ve said before, these studios are large enough to work on multiple projects at once. It’ll be fine.

ok do they need to charge 70 bucks for it?

Depends on the game. RE4 remake was in development for years, not just a lazy upscale in resolution. Built new from the ground up. The general story is the only thing that stayed the same.

Depends on the game. RE4 remake was in development for years, not just a lazy upscale in resolution. Built new from the ground up. The general story is the only thing that stayed the same.
It’s just the resident evil 2 remake gameplay. It is lazy.

Resident evil 2 was a remake done right. This other shit is just money grabbing laziness

It’s just the resident evil 2 remake gameplay. It is lazy.

There was nothing lazy about RE2 Remake.
It was one of the best games of that year and one of my favorites.

Obvious answer here: I'd really want a 60 fps patch for Bloodborne cause it truly is one of the best games ever made imo. But of course Sony is holding off on it cause the inevitable remake is on its way in some shape or form. If it includes all DLC it's whatever for me cause I could play that game till my eyes start bleeding.

Thinking about it I realize though I don't have that many remakes/remasters in my collection, I'm mostly not that interested.

Actually, I was hoping they would remake more old games, like Pong, but then I realized that the paddles are too straight.

The PS1 launched in 95 here and games were $49.99. That's $99.51 in 2023 money.
The PS3 (which also used BR discs) launched in 06 and games were $59.99. That's now $90.27.

Obvious answer here: I'd really want a 60 fps patch for Bloodborne cause it truly is one of the best games ever made imo. But of course Sony is holding off on it cause the inevitable remake is on its way in some shape or form. If it includes all DLC it's whatever for me cause I could play that game till my eyes start bleeding.

Thinking about it I realize though I don't have that many remakes/remasters in my collection, I'm mostly not that interested.
You can play BB at 60 FPS on a modded PS4 Pro.

They "remade" Diablo 2 and it's awesome! But that's an older PC game that's now available on console.

I'm generally against remakes though. The originals are good enough for me as I have no problem with old graphics...

They "remade" Diablo 2 and it's awesome! But that's an older PC game that's now available on console.

I'm generally against remakes though. The originals are good enough for me as I have no problem with old graphics...
It depends. NES and GB Metroid remakes were awesome because those aged poorly. SNES and GBA Metroid still holds up well though.

It depends. NES and GB Metroid remakes were awesome because those aged poorly. SNES and GBA Metroid still holds up well though.
I can see from a perspective of young people today wanting to play some of the old games and having a hard time with the graphics of their respective day but I personally don't agree with it. The old graphics are awesome, the old sound is awesome and "remakes" just aren't the same game.

Something like Diablo 2 was done right imo, same game, same sounds, just a little cleaner and updated for console. Maybe i'm confused about what defines a remake but something like Planescape Torment was re-released on the switch and it's almost identical to the pc version just adapted for console which is a good thing i'd say (other than the bugs). Make old games accessible but don't make them new games, make new games new games...

I can see from a perspective of young people today wanting to play some of the old games and having a hard time with the graphics of their respective day but I personally don't agree with it. The old graphics are awesome, the old sound is awesome and "remakes" just aren't the same game.

Something like Diablo 2 was done right imo, same game, same sounds, just a little cleaner and updated for console. Maybe i'm confused about what defines a remake but something like Planescape Torment was re-released on the switch and it's almost identical to the pc version just adapted for console which is a good thing i'd say (other than the bugs). Make old games accessible but don't make them new games, make new games new games...
There's nothing "awesome" about NES Metroid and Zelda. That's just nostalgia talking.

No they don't. The good thing is you don't even have to pay that, crazy huh? You can literally just ignore the game and the $70 they are charging and move on with your life. Then one day you'll see that game on sale for like $30 and if that's still to much for you then maybe this isn't the hobby for you.

Back