Recommend me some finished TV show/Netflix/Amazon series

I want to check out that new He-Man show that Kevin Smith made, I think it came out today. 5 episodes. I had the toys when I was a kid but I don't remember the plot or much about it at all.

Blue Eyed Samurai

Only in its 1st season, its going to be a long wait for the 2nd, and the OP asks for finished series.

If he was asking for awesome 1st seasons I'd suggest that & Arcane.

Has 3 seasons & side-story season 'Generation V' and the 4th season is slated to be released in June. Not finished.
Oh, you want finished shows.
Then all the stuff I’m sure everyone else has said - The Wire, Sopranos. Idk. I don’t like many shows.

Don't know what service each is on but...

Sleeper Cell (there were only 2 seasons)
Six Feet Under
The Crown

Those would be my top recommendations.

First five seasons of 24 were good. About the same for Sons of Anarchy and Dexter. All of those went over a cliff around that point.

Also the first season of True Detective stands on its own and is worth a watch. Same with the first two seasons of Fargo.
Fargo S3 is better than S2 imo. S4 should be entirely avoided though.

Ted Lasso
Sex Education

I think Succession is a must watch. Series just ended last year.

The Shield

The Shield

I would agree with The Shield.

+1 for the Shield. Probably my favorite cop show.

@F1980 This is the most common recommendation, with 5 suggestions including mine.

If Breaking Bad is high up on the list of shows you liked, its my #1 Favorite Series Of All Time. And throughout it I feared they would **** it all up by giving its audience one or two horrible final season or series finale.... like a dozen other shows I could name like GoT.

The Shield is my #2 Favorite Series Of All Time, and its a close 2nd. Just a few factors make me give BB the title. Like BB I feared they'd totally screw up the show...but it never happened.

These also have the two best endings of any series ever, and that's an easy call to make because besides them the vast majority of series endings... well at best the writers/producers had no idea how to end it, and at worst it seemed like they purposely botched it... but that's an entirely different thread.

So, watch The Shield. Don't bother watching any previews, trailers, or reviews. Do into it completely blind.

It'll hook you by the end of the 1st episode.

maxresdefault.jpg

Severance
severance.png

The Curse
TheCurseEmmaThumb-scaled.jpg

Scavengers Reign
scavengersreign2.png

@F1980 This is the most common recommendation, with 5 suggestions including mine.

If Breaking Bad is high up on the list of shows you liked, its my #1 Favorite Series Of All Time. And throughout it I feared they would **** it all up by giving its audience one or two horrible final season or series finale.... like a dozen other shows I could name like GoT.

The Shield is my #2 Favorite Series Of All Time, and its a close 2nd. Just a few factors make me give BB the title. Like BB I feared they'd totally screw up the show...but it never happened.

These also have the two best endings of any series ever, and that's an easy call to make because besides them the vast majority of series endings... well at best the writers/producers had no idea how to end it, and at worst it seemed like they purposely botched it... but that's an entirely different thread.

So, watch The Shield. Don't bother watching any previews, trailers, or reviews. Do into it completely blind.

It'll hook you by the end of the 1st episode.

maxresdefault.jpg
Damn right. Best pilot to a show I've ever seen.

Damn right. Best pilot to a show I've ever seen.

@F1980 That's another praise I can also endorce... its between The Shield's pilot & Breaking Bad's pilot.

Other shows... there's a learning curve and it 'hooks' you later. But Breaking Bad & The Shield, they hook you in the last episode.

One last praise and I'll STFU. Every season of The Shield was filmed with a shoe-string budget. Meaning it was FX's first serialized drama that launched that channel, ironically just like Breaking Bad launched AMC. Since they didn't have huge budgets they had to rely on quality writing. Not just for the episode-by-episode arcs, but the arcs that last the entire season, and its all character-driven.

Now go watch that damn pilot, and don't forget to pick your jaw off the floor after.

Back