Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

ohhh shit i missed one 168 completely, superlek won? superb.

also, OFF 78 wasn't appearing on YT last night. last time it happened I *think* that may have been when there was another One show that weekend, anyway off70 did eventually make its way onto YT so hopefully Off78 will too, some time
I watched it on the sky sports you tube chanel.

I thought Haggerty was going to get the upset, honestly. Superlek not training at altitude convinced me. But damn was I wrong

Haggerty came in too aggressive which has worked for him in some of his latest fights vs. Thais which he won by early KO, but this time he paid the price and got countered. I also thought Haggerty had a good chance for the upset but Superlek is just on another level.

Haggerty needs to get back to his roots, his new style of darting in and out aggressively is good for getting KOs but detracts from his overall game.

I watched it on the sky sports you tube chanel.
Yeah it's usually available to watch later on cos I can't watch live, but now and then for some reason it isn't available when I try watching and it isn't up there now

full card for OFF79:

• Kongchai Chanaidonmueang vs. Amir Abdulmuslimov (Muay Thai – 126-pound catchweight)
  • Petlampun Muadablampang vs. Singdomthong Nokjeanladkrabang (Muay Thai – 128-pound catchweight)
  • Watcharaphon PK Saenchai vs. Danila Vasilikhin (Muay Thai – 123-pound catchweight)
  • Copter Sor Sommai vs. Maemmot Sor Salacheep (Muay Thai – 126-pound catchweight)
  • Changthong M U Den vs. Isannuea Tor Tanjaroen (Muay Thai – 130-pound catchweight)
  • Kanchanasiri Sitnayokwailampam vs. Nongfahsai TOP PK Saenchai (Muay Thai – atomweight)
  • Nonthakit Tor Morsri vs. Soner Sen (Muay Thai – 143-pound catchweight)
  • Asadula Imangazaliev vs. Bobirjon Isroilov (Muay Thai – flyweight)
  • Rustam Yunusov vs. Blair Geraghty (Muay Thai – flyweight)
  • Alber Correia Da Silva vs. Muga Seto (Muay Thai – 138-pound catchweight)
  • Eduardo Freitas vs. Dzhabir Dzhabrailov (MMA – lightweight)
  • Oh Su Hwan vs. Kei Maezono (MMA – featherweight)

I can't speak for Abdulmuslimov too much as he's only had two fights but

Petlampun - Singdomthong is a fucking banger. Petlampun 5-0(3) and Singdomthong is 3-1, no stoppages but wins over Stephen Irvine and fucking Rambong and his only loss an S/D to Theptaksin, which is a hell of a good formline.

actually both Petlampun and Singdomthong have wins over my boy Rambong

IMO it's best to just get the fight out of the way now. Put Haggerty back into the Muay Thai mix again after, they could set up a fight with him vs Panpayak at some point in the future as a title eliminator; Haggerty has made a name for himself despite this loss and any matchups he wins/loses will be pretty close to the championship conversation, so there's plenty they can do there. He's not as interesting in Kickboxing though, so the faster Superlek gets that belt too, the better off they are setting up fights for their Muay Thai division.

IMO it's best to just get the fight out of the way now. Put Haggerty back into the Muay Thai mix again after, they could set up a fight with him vs Panpayak at some point in the future as a title eliminator; Haggerty has made a name for himself despite this loss and any matchups he wins/loses will be pretty close to the championship conversation, so there's plenty they can do there. He's not as interesting in Kickboxing though, so the faster Superlek gets that belt too, the better off they are setting up fights for their Muay Thai division.

Man, just thinking about Haggerty vs Panpayak gets me hyped. I wonder how much Panpayak is weighing at the moment, he hasn't fought in coming up on 2 years in December. There was talk of him coming back and fighting Tawanchai but i don't know if there was any truth in that rumour.

I guess ONE is working their way to Shadow vs Tawanchai.
Shadow lost to Mamuka Usubyan in his debut. Mamuka Usubyan then knocked out Khunsuek yet don't really see ONE pushing him. When sittichai lost to Mohammad Siasrani I thought he'd be next in line for a title. Should have fought Tawanchai in October 2023 after Superbon pulled out but instead they made the most random match up. Tawanchai vs Nattawut under kickboxing rules after he had been off for 15 months. I guess it was a safe play as to not ruin the Superbon fight that following december.

No way ONE does an immediate rematch in KB. I suspect they will go for Superlek vs Carillo and give Haggerty a rebound fight vs a random non-Thai.

Shadow lost to Mamuka Usubyan in his debut. Mamuka Usubyan then knocked out Khunsuek yet don't really see ONE pushing him. When sittichai lost to Mohammad Siasrani I thought he'd be next in line for a title. Should have fought Tawanchai in October 2023 after Superbon pulled out but instead they made the most random match up. Tawanchai vs Nattawut under kickboxing rules after he had been off for 15 months. I guess it was a safe play as to not ruin the Superbon fight that following december.
Siasarani then lost to Challuki in a different promotion. Siaasrai's obviosuly not ready for an actual title shot.

Siasarani then lost to Challuki in a different promotion. Siaasrai's obviosuly not ready for an actual title shot.
Siasarani far from a great fighter but I don't think losing in a different promotion applies here. Muaythai in one is its own thing. A lot of factors to consider. And there have been many undeserved title shots in one. It was just at that specific moment after siassrai beat sittichai he would have been a better replacement for the Superbon pull out.

I miss this PetUTong. So slick but apparently he had discipline issues. What you think he's doing whilst watching superlek success today? Its wild how different fighters careers can go.

I miss this PetUTong. So slick but apparently he had discipline issues. What you think he's doing whilst watching superlek success today? Its wild how different fighters careers can go.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.
Superlek has both though.
Petutong was super talented and at his best was amazing. He was kinda lazy though and wasn't nearly as tough as someone like superlek.
He was stopped multiple times by leg kicks and ko'd a few times. Multiple leg kick stoppages can be a sign of a mentally weak fighter.

He is back

ohhh, poor old Hitman Vitez

this guy, his first One fight was taking a beating off Yodlekpet
then he managed to go 3 rounds in a war with Seksan
they gave him River Daz, a dude who was like 35-0 or something at the time, as his 'winnable' fight, which he won a close one
then he took a tough stoppage against Kongklai
and then fought some Japanese dude who looked excellent and used his head as a speedball for 3 rounds, and Vitez seemed knocked out on his feet pretty much at least once and just dragged himself to the final bell

the fight with Seksan was all kinds of epic brilliance so i have a soft spot for Vitez and, damn, his manager may be even braver than he is.

Panpayak return highlights

Hopefully he does well. Ring rust is a real thing though. Some suffer from it worse than others. When you are used to 8 or more fights a year from when you are a kid. It can take a while to get back to fighting sharpness.
Kaonor, muangthai and suakim all looked pretty bad when the came back from a long break.
Super excited to watch his first fight though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rofboxing
Back