Recent fights/results/news from Kickboxers-MT fighters in Boxing

https://www.thecourier.com.au/story...r-walked-away-from-an-australian-title-fight/

Ballarat boxer Victor Nagbe has opened up about his mental health struggles which saw him walk away from an Australian Title fight in 2019.

The 26-year-old was set to fight for the Australian National Boxing Federation middleweight title at the 'Battle of the Codes' promotion in November.

Then, without explanation, he declared himself unfit two days out from the event and stepped away from the ring.

Nagbe told The Courier he suffered a mental breakdown leading up to the fight and was treated for depression.

"After my last training session, my trainer knew there was something wrong with me," Nagbe recalled.

"We decided to wait until Friday and see how I felt, and on Thursday I didn't want to come out of my room.

"It wasn't an easy thing to deal with. I had to pull out of my title fight."

Nagbe said training commitments, as well as pressures from his business and personal life led to a breakdown he never saw coming.

"It wasn't something I could control, it just happened," he said.

"One second you get sad and feel lonely and you don't know why. You can't find a reason and that's one of the most confusing things.

Nagbe will return to the ring in March to fight Ankush Hooda at the Once Upon a Time promotion at Melbourne Pavilion.

Ok so who was the most succesful simce this thread was started?

Ok so who was the most succesful simce this thread was started?

Wanheng Menayothin and Knockout CP Freshmart are still champions in a somewhat shallow weight class and it doesn't seem like they're going to fight each other at any point. Satanmuanglek and Sergey Lipinets lost their world title fights but gave a good fight to the champs. Lipinets is getting a second chance soon.
Aleksei Papin and Yoann Kongolo both lost a close decision in their title eliminator fights so they did pretty good too.

We can also mention Holzken who put on a very decent performance on short notice against the number 1 guy in the weight class (still champ despite his last fight being considered a robbery).

Gogokhia is on a good path and has a good promotor, he will have big opportunities I'd say. Spong with right circumstances might get himself a big fight too.

Downua's wiki says he had muay thai fights for what it's worth https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/767555 He is getting a world title shot soon.

Last edited:
Its too bad Nagbe is battling depression, he seemed like he could do well.

Kyshenko looks great but probably he will test pozitive soon.

Star? Anyway, he will not make it. Too old, not to good for boxing, already 30 years old and just a 3-0 record against bums.

Vigney was a football player before? It"s hard to make such transition. I remember him, that in kickboxing he had no legs for kickboxing. While myself as a former boxer, I can tell in boxing you need even more the legs...

Probably going for the boxing purses! Basically on Wikipedia I see it"s not written anymore Deontay Wilder is also a former football player (junior and youth). I always used to tell that he has no legs for boxing, and that he owns insane power but his technicity is pretty limited. In amateur boxing he did well because those are just chickens fighting. Wilder was a favorite of mine because the division was weak, but I knew he would lose to Tyson Fury. Fury actually was my first favorite. And I also do think Joshua is overrated, untested, much more like a boxer than Wilder but Wilder has insane power to catch him (because Joshua is far from a real elite).

So no, Vigney is impossible to make it... Jarell Miller, aka the Whale, has always been TECHNICAL and now he added a lot of weight! That"s why his boxing career is ok. Plus in kickboxing Xavier was as wild as the new Americans.

I don"t understand why some would prefer becoming like Gary Goodridge, and not for big money. I don"t understand why untalented people still fight. Xavier Vigney doesn"t look to come from a very poor background or not to be capable of graduating something, or at least to sell cars. It"s the US, not Chechnya. Or Africa, or whatever...

@ SuperLuigi

Look I was right, Vigney might have given up. Smart guy if he did that! Your video is from 2019, did he plan some comeback? Because Boxrec also confirms the 3-0, but with his last fight in 2015. :))

We need that reporter in kickboxing.

Cubana. Latina. I would love to see women as ring girls, or presenting sport (reading the prompter). :)) What does she know anyway about boxing? I would only hire women having knowledge! Men the same... Even the ring announcers must watch their sport, otherwise many are making mistakes!

Star? Anyway, he will not make it. Too old, not to good for boxing, already 30 years old and just a 3-0 record against bums.

Vigney was a football player before? It"s hard to make such transition. I remember him, that in kickboxing he had no legs for kickboxing. While myself as a former boxer, I can tell in boxing you need even more the legs...

Probably going for the boxing purses! Basically on Wikipedia I see it"s not written anymore Deontay Wilder is also a former football player (junior and youth). I always used to tell that he has no legs for boxing, and that he owns insane power but his technicity is pretty limited. In amateur boxing he did well because those are just chickens fighting. Wilder was a favorite of mine because the division was weak, but I knew he would lose to Tyson Fury. Fury actually was my first favorite. And I also do think Joshua is overrated, untested, much more like a boxer than Wilder but Wilder has insane power to catch him (because Joshua is far from a real elite).

So no, Vigney is impossible to make it... Jarell Miller, aka the Whale, has always been TECHNICAL and now he added a lot of weight! That"s why his boxing career is ok. Plus in kickboxing Xavier was as wild as the new Americans.

I don"t understand why some would prefer becoming like Gary Goodridge, and not for big money. I don"t understand why untalented people still fight. Xavier Vigney doesn"t look to come from a very poor background or not to be capable of graduating something, or at least to sell cars. It"s the US, not Chechnya. Or Africa, or whatever...
What do you mean by legs for boxing?

Most boxers have chicken legs but still seem to have strong legs that allow them to duck punches fast, as well as have fast footwork I was always a fast runner and a hard kicker, but could never bob and weave fast enough. For footwork, it seems to be more of an agility and endurance thing.

Cubana. Latina. I would love to see women as ring girls, or presenting sport (reading the prompter). :)) What does she know anyway about boxing? I would only hire women having knowledge! Men the same... Even the ring announcers must watch their sport, otherwise many are making mistakes!
I do not care about ring girls. What's the point of them just standing there and saying nothing? LOL!

What do you mean by legs for boxing?

Most boxers have chicken legs but still seem to have strong legs that allow them to duck punches fast. I was always a fast runner and a hard kicker, but could never bob and weave fast enough.

Not like legs as shape, Vigney can"t dance. Wilder has learned but it"s not really enough.

Could you dance? To weave it"s easy to learn, to bob is simply natural. You might not be ever able to bob if you are not gifted.

Not like legs as shape, Vigney can"t dance. Wilder has learned but it"s not really enough.

Could you dance? To weave it"s easy to learn, to bob is simply natural. You might not be ever able to bob if you are not gifted.
I'd say i'm quite good at dancing.

What i mean is the speed of countering after ducking. I could slip and counter quite fast. With duck and counter i never felt comfortable enough to pull it off.

100105872_671565680087033_1086092354646966272_n.jpg

Not looking good, Amansio Paraschiv said some days ago he wants to fight in ONE, after on 20th May some regional newspapers announced he signed with Don Charles Boxing and Don Charles in England.

The famous boxing coach told he will bring Paraschiv to the world title.

Notice Paraschiv trains in England since 6 months ago, being there together with his family. Fuck, I don"t want to see him in boxing! The boxing of midgets is no fun, boring.

He is at 66.7 kg now. He says he never had a team of such level.

https://www.ziarulincomod.ro/video-...ploiesteanul-semneaza-cu-un-antrenor-celebru/

https://ph-online.ro/sport/item/112427-amansio-vrea-in-categoria-lui-joshua-haye-si-chisora

Back