Recent fights/results/news from Kickboxers-MT fighters in Boxing

Gogokhia's latest fight, vs a 16-0 guy:

He scored two knock downs but still only got a draw. It seems like he has been relying on his power until now but his opponent stole a lot of rounds with activity. He probably has to work on his conditioning to increase his activity.

Interesting fight and glad to see Spong fight a top fighter. The odds are definitely in favour of Ruiz big time, but still a very exciting fight! War Spong!
Spong finally doing something again!
I remember looking forward to seeing Spong box against Usyk on October 2019. At the time Tyrone was 34 years old and quite active in boxing. In June that’ll be almost 3 years ago, Spong will be nearly 37 years old by then and inbetween he only fought against Sergei Kharitonov under MMA-rules.

Of course Spong has been in training in the meantime, but I wonder if he gave up any of his boxing ability since October 2019 due to his age and inactivity.
Let’s hope Tyrone hasn’t slowed down

War Spong!!!

Tyrone Spong and Andy Ruiz Jr. are set to fight for 10 rounds on July 16.

Spong was an incredible talent who’s star has dwindled. I don’t want to disrespect him because he is a great fighter but this fight is a farce. Andy should be fighting Ortiz and Spong should be content taking no named scalps for a paycheck.

Ruiz looked pretty terrible in his last two fights, he may have lost all motivation.

Wow Sponge vs Ruiz. I hope Sponge has a good showing, he's a warrior.

Andy has been letting himself go, which is saying something because he was already in a perpetual state of letting himself go. I'd kind of love to see him lose just for sadistic reasons of people making fun of him.

Andy has been letting himself go, which is saying something because he was already in a perpetual state of letting himself go. I'd kind of love to see him lose just for sadistic reasons of people making fun of him.

I'd like to see him lose more because that would be a big achievement in Spong's career. Ruiz has nothing to gain by beating Spong really.

Actually not sure who wins between Ruiz and Ortiz... Ortiz didn't look so hot in his last fight and hes 9,000 years old. My guess is Ortiz should win though.

Are they gonna find another opponent for Spong and let the event go through?

Yesterday, Yoshiki Takei took another soul in the boxing ring, just watch this folks:

fought a journeyman, but still impressive as his 4th Boxing fight, i can see a cool future for him, he is adapting well

btw, he did all this damage with a lead hook, imagine if it was his left one hahah.

Apparently Tyrone Spong will be fighting at the Usyk - Joshua 2 event in Saudi Arabia, August 20th.
Opponent TBA

upload_2022-7-20_0-9-51.jpeg

Last edited:
Tyrone Spong is taking on Andrew Tabiti, who is 19-1 (his only loss was against Yuniel Dorticos, 10th round TKO)

View attachment 934220

View attachment 934221
I didn’t hear anything official about Tyrone Spong being out of the fight, but someone on the Boxing discussion of Sherdog posted that Andrew Tabiti is now taking on James ‘the Beast’ Wilson instead of Spong:

“Not sure if it has been said here, but Tabiti is no longer fighting Spong, he will be taking on James "the Beast" Wilson in a battle of beasts”

His source is Andres Cortes (a 17-0 boxer who used to be signed with Mayweather Promotions aswell, but now is with TopRank)
Andres Cortes is friends with Andrew Tabiti

I didn’t hear anything official about Tyrone Spong being out of the fight, but someone on the Boxing discussion of Sherdog posted that Andrew Tabiti is now taking on James ‘the Beast’ Wilson instead of Spong:

“Not sure if it has been said here, but Tabiti is no longer fighting Spong, he will be taking on James "the Beast" Wilson in a battle of beasts”

His source is Andres Cortes (a 17-0 boxer who used to be signed with Mayweather Promotions aswell, but now is with TopRank)
Andres Cortes is friends with Andrew Tabiti

Damnn
upload_2022-8-12_14-19-30.jpeg

Back