Reason why LHW looks so lackluster..

Sickplicity

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I don't know if anybody has been noticing the rapid decline of interest for the LHW, but one reason why I think the division is losing so much interest is because there has been a big lack of decisive wins / finishes lately among the top 10 of the division.

So far this year we've had:

Lyoto Machida vs. Dan Henderson.
Rashad Evans vs. Lil' Nog.
Phil Davis vs. Lyoto Machida.
Rashad Evans vs. Dan Henderson.

& just recently we've had the only interesting fight as of late in Glover vs. Ryan Bader.

The 4 aforementioned fights have all been lackluster fights in which all were controversial wins / losses, all those fights were some of the most heavily criticized fights this year.

Nobody has been trying to make a case / statement to prove they should be next in line for the title & it's saddening.

There hasn't been any new blood in the LHW division in a long time & it's sad because none of these so called prospects can penetrate the low tier fighters to earn a shot at the top 10 fighters & it's sad.

I hope the LHW division goes back to how it was back then when the belt was getting passed around like a slut at a college party but for now nobody is making a case for themselves in the division & as of now I've fully lost interest in the division.

A dominant champ makes divisions look weak. Lhw is suffering from this currently.

The Hippo knocking out Magalhaes was the highlight of the division for me.

A dominant champ makes divisions look weak. Lhw is suffering from this currently.

The ww division doesn't look very weak. There's just been no new talent in the lhw division as much as other divisions.

The ww division doesn't look very weak. There's just been no new talent in the lhw division as much as other divisions.

Difference is a champ looks much more dominant when he finishes fights. GSP does not do that.

Perhaps the next TUF season can bring some future contenders in.
I agree the fights haven't been great but the fighters involved are still able to deliver. Maybe just a dry stretch right now.

meh the divisions talent was always overrated because they had the most interesting rivalries before.

Yeah, the talent coming up is really lacking. If Cormier can make the cut OK it might get interesteing though, or if Gus can keep the fight standing and pull the upset off.

Yeah, the talent coming up is really lacking. If Cormier can make the cut OK it might get interesteing though, or if Gus can keep the fight standing and pull the upset off.

1 of those definitely wont happen, the other might happen.

it's because Jon Jones is so damn good.

Same reason MW looked so lackluster cause of a dominat champion. Someone KO's JBJ then LHW will get its luster back trust me.

Difference is a champ looks much more dominant when he finishes fights. GSP does not do that.

Half the LHW top 10 has been on there for 8 years. No other division is that stagnant with "talent". Even HW has more new blood than LHW.

Same reason MW looked so lackluster cause of a dominate champion. Someone KO's JBJ then LHW will get its luster back trust me.

featherweight looks more interesting than ever.

MW looked weak because it was weak.

LHW is 50/50 Jones and a little thin and nowhere near as bad as people claim

Half the LHW top 10 has been on there for 8 years. No other division is that stagnant with "talent". Even HW has more new blood than LHW.

Eh. Glover, Gus, Davis, and then possibly Cormier are fresh legit top 10 fighters. Then you have Jimmo, Manuwa, and possibly even OSP that could rise to the top in given time. Not too bad, IMO.

meh the divisions talent was always overrated because they had the most interesting rivalries before.

O_O

Wanderlei Chuck Shogun Rampage Arona Hendo Lyoto Evans Lil Nog Belfort Randy Tito and I'm missing someone for sure....

Yeah but you get the point he's making. Look at the MW division with SIlva on top for so long. Jones has made that division look quite similar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back