Really Nate? Only 25 pounds dumbbells?

I guess peoples opinions differ ts. I am 185 pounds and 5'10. I have some sick numbers in the gym and I am pretty sure that Nate would tire me out and beat me up in the ring. Lifting heavy weight does not make you a good fighter, it makes you strong. That's coming from someone who used to fight, just my opinion though.

The guy curls 50lb's though, i must not saying Nate wouldny beat him, but Nate curls 25 and he does curl 50.

GreekFighter could be top 15 based on his arm curl strength.

I wonder what his cable push down are.

The guy curls 50lb's though, i must not saying Nate wouldny beat him, but Nate curls 25 and he does curl 50.

GreekFighter could be top 15 based on his arm curl strength.

I wonder what his cable push down are.

You have a point. :)

too much weight training will slow down your striking

hell boxers don't do it at all because it'll slow them down

gotta find a balance in MMA

340 @ 180lbs bodyweight.
Wow, same here broheim. You are a strong mofo for your size. Just started hitting 2 pies a side on the shoulder press for a few reps. Pretty stoked about that.

We should get together with greek and head to the gym some day. Heh.

I would like to create another thread about Conor but i am pretty disappointed with Nate and his strength. He was doing bicep curls with 25 pounds dumbbells and with bad form. I am 6'1 180 pounds and i warm up with 25 pounds dumbbells and then i lift 50 pounds dumbbells.

Also he does not look 200 pounds but more like 175-180. I am also 6'1 like him but with much lower fat(9%). He should add more meat on his diet. This bullshit vegan diet is bullshit.
Well, he would drop you like a sack of potatoes in a fight, that is what matters....not your biceps.

I am 6'1 180 pounds and i warm up with 25 pounds dumbbells and then i lift 50 pounds dumbbells.

I am also 6'1 like him but with much lower fat(9%).

64447318.jpg

Oh goodie. It's been a while since I've seen the resident expert lifters talk about how much stronger they are than all of the pro fighters in the sport.

I guess peoples opinions differ ts. I am 185 pounds and 5'10. I have some sick numbers in the gym and I am pretty sure that Nate would tire me out and beat me up in the ring. Lifting heavy weight does not make you a good fighter, it makes you strong. That's coming from someone who used to fight, just my opinion though.

I am also 44 years old so there is that lol.

If you have a style where strength helps, it sure as hell makes you a better fighter. Do you think someone like Brock, Sherk, Hughes, GSP, etc. don't benefit from the crazy strength they have?

If you have a style where strength helps, it sure as hell makes you a better fighter. Do you think someone like Brock, Sherk, Hughes, GSP, etc. don't benefit from the crazy strength they have?

As a pure striker who was concerned with my weight, bodybuilding was not a benefit. There was a thing called moderation. Just smashing iron will not make you a good fighter. There is give and take with regard to strength and speed. You need to find a healthy balance.

You are right that you can strength train but don't lead people to believe that getting all jacked up and puffy will not impact their speed. There is a balance.

Back