RDA's brand new muay thay black belt

rafael-dos-anjos-ufc-185-2.jpg

Looks kind of different for me

Having surgery and walking around weight.

RDA is a beast. I think he'll dominate Cerrone.

This whole band/belt thing in muay thai is bollocks. My coach participates in this shit but I refuse to acknowledge it. I don't see the point in implementing this.

Cordeiro takes his belts seriously. I had to train under him for a few months to even be a white belt and I already had years of experience lol

There is no belt system in muay thai... Unless you train under Rafael Cordeiro.

well, Chute Boxe/Brazilian MT did originate from Taekwondo guys in Brazil, so...

but yes, traditional Muay Thai (ie: Muay Thai from Thailand, taught by Thais) does not use a belt system.

That's really impressive! Saenchai isn't even a black belt yet.

Saenchai is an amateur compared to RDA's striking.

Cordeiro takes his belts seriously. I had to train under him for a few months to even be a white belt and I already had years of experience lol

did he charge you belt testing fees? just curious.

Cerrone doesn't stand a chance with that string around his bicep.

Yeah. And thats not muay thai anyway. Its boxing and tkd kicks with some wild agressive knees

cant wait for the fight cerrone has a great shot at the belt this time around imo. RDA coming off injury and getting back in shape is going help cerrone in the 4th and 5th if he makes it there.

well, Chute Boxe/Brazilian MT did originate from Taekwondo guys in Brazil, so...

but yes, traditional Muay Thai (ie: Muay Thai from Thailand, taught by Thais) does not use a belt system.

Saenchai is an amateur compared to RDA's striking.

did he charge you belt testing fees? just curious.

No, but he gave belts to people that I beat the shit out of when he had hard sparring (100% power to the body, 20% to the face)

He's definitely transformed himself through the years.

tyson-face-off.jpg

269EE0DE00000578-0-image-m-43_1426330569427.jpg

That's really not a big deal. Pics are 6 years apart, not only is it possible to transform like that, but it's expected of a dedicated pro athlete.

It's not a change like Overeem had, or Ellenberger.

Lots of MT instructors do the same thing, although they refer to them as "bands" (black band, yellow band, etc).

RDA needs to step up his hashtag game though.

Why didn't he say prajied? Did he purposely say belt because he assumes that way Cerrone might laugh it off and take him lighter than he normally would've? I don't believe Cerrone would do that. Has he taken opponents lightly before? With the way he's been winning lately, I wouldn't be surprised if he took Diaz lightly back then. I remember that fight, and it doesn't seem to be the same Cowboy, more like his sloppy, scrappy, yet unwilling to commit, little brother.

Falch is dead on, btw. Makes me wonder when's the first & the last time we've seen actual, legit, traditional Muay Thai in the Octagon, and what the difference in quality was between the two performances.

Last edited:
No, but he gave belts to people that I beat the shit out of when he had hard sparring (100% power to the body, 20% to the face)

did you ever get past white belt in his system? if youve trained traditional MT in the past, how did it compare to what was being taught at Kings?

Lots of MT instructors do the same thing, although they refer to them as "bands" (black band, yellow band, etc).

lots of MT instructors teach kickboxing and call it "Muay Thai" also. pretty sure the originators of the art in Thailand dont give out colored belts/bands. maybe in the West, but not in actual Thai fight camps.

RDA needs to step up his hashtag game though.

Why didn't he say prajied? Did he purposely say belt because he assumes that way Cerrone might laugh it off and take him lighter than he normally would've? I don't believe Cerrone would do that. Has he taken opponents lightly before? With the way he's been winning lately, I wouldn't be surprised if he took Diaz lightly back then. I remember that fight, and it doesn't seem to be the same Cowboy, more like his sloppy, scrappy, yet unwilling to commit, little brother.

prajiad would confuse people that have no idea about Muay Thai. most people that watch UFC hear Muay Thai and think of Anderson Silva.

lots of MT instructors teach kickboxing and call it "Muay Thai" also. pretty sure the originators of the art in Thailand dont give out colored belts/bands. maybe in the West, but not in actual Thai fight camps.

And lots of legitimate Thais who moved to the US do. He's not in Thailand, so why do we care?

I know that you're trying to show off some obscure knowledge and are the token, "I train" guy at the bar when UFC events are on, but nobody cares. Cordeiro is a legit teacher and he gives out bands, and so do many other legit instructors.

Cerrone doesn't stand a chance with that string around his bicep.

He won't be allowed to wear it to the cage unless it has Rebox stamped on it. He definitely won't be allowed to wear it during the fight cause he could take it off and use it as a garrote.

Back