RDA's brand new muay thay black belt

Cerrone makes this guy look stupid next fight

We'll see Kevin, we'll see.

RDA-drops-Cerrone.gif

There is no belt system in muay thai... Unless you train under Rafael Cordeiro.

The muay thai kru at my gym was about to start a cord system(which I think this actually is not belt), but it didn't really take off. So I think it actually a real thing at least somewhere. I just did a minimal bit of research and it's pretty much just a western thing.

rafael-dos-anjos-ufc-185-2.jpg

Looks kind of different for me

He had surgery on his knee and is just getting back to hard training. He also seems to blow up in between camps. Or at least he did after becoming champion. Beneil said he was 200+ lbs.

Of course they do. Pettis was going to kill the world. Now RDA will kill everyone. People just roll off of one wagon onto another without ever hitting the ground. It is quite humerous.

Everyone questioned Pettis' wrestling and ground game after the Guida fight. Plus with all his injuries no one really thought he was durable enough to kill the world.

RDA has the striking and ground game to beat anyone not named Khabib.

Also, don't they call them "sashes" and not "belts" in MT? McDojo alert.

There is no belt system in muay thai... Unless you train under Rafael Cordeiro.

That's what I'm saying. :eek: But whatever makes him feel official I guess ..

WAR RDA!

lol @ the haters commenting on his physique. RDA has just resumed training after a very long layoff after having surgery.

recent photo when he was around 200lbs:

10665348_475610175939142_1226149275_n.jpg

I don't see Cerrone with much of a chance here, it's just a matter of matchups. I can't count Cowboy out but I believe RDA has his number.

A black belt in muay thai is like a degree from University of Phoenix.

Is that cummins behind him? I didn't know he trained at Kings.

A black belt in muay thai is like a degree from University of Phoenix.

Not when it's from Master Cordeiro. He's turned pure grapplers into striking monsters. He could make a nail polish progression system and it would be legit. Maybe not pure MT but MT for MMA.

Is that cummins behind him? I didn't know he trained at Kings.

I often see him in training pics at Kings MMA, so apparently he does from time to time at least.

that's going to be a bit weird considering Glover's friendship with Werdum and some of the other guys there.

I often see him in training pics at Kings MMA, so apparently he does from time to time at least.

that's going to be a bit weird considering Glover's friendship with Werdum and some of the other guys there.

You would think Cordeiro would have taught him how to throw a punch by now.

My gym was doing that system for a while, maybe 1 1/2 years. People took the class to learn but the 'belt' thing wasn't very popular.

Btw, it's called a praijet.

http://uwmta.org/ranking.html

Traditional MT has no Belt system, but Cordeiro has his own ranking system. Its legit for what it is

Back