RDA's brand new muay thay black belt

prajiad would confuse people that have no idea about Muay Thai. most people that watch UFC hear Muay Thai and think of Anderson Silva.

It's funny, I just edited my post in hopes that no one would answer my added question with Anderson Silva. I like ya, man :)

I wonder how many legit traditional stylist are active competitors in MMA. It makes me want to become a Muay Thai Striking Coach before hopefully being promoted to Head Coach. I'm tired of the fairy kicks, and the sloppy boxing. I want clean punches setting up slick knees, & devastating elbows in the various clinches, with straight legged roundhouses thrown without any chambering on the exits, that either sweep them off their feet when aimed at the thigh, back of the knee, calf, &/or ankle, or knock them the fuck out if they're sent upstairs, and gasping at the least when aimed at the body.
I want more dumps instead of trips or punches being executed right on the catch-kick counters....Yada, yada, yada; I love Muay Thai and am looking forward to when the New Breed actually occurs :( still love current UFC though, & Josh Samman(sp?)'s fairy kick KO was pretty sweet, probably sweeter for the flick kick lovers.

And lots of legitimate Thais who moved to the US do. He's not in Thailand, so why do we care?

I know that you're trying to show off some obscure knowledge and are the token, "I train" guy at the bar when UFC events are on, but nobody cares. Cordeiro is a legit teacher and he gives out bands, and so do many other legit instructors.

why do you even care that i care? its a Western practice that has nothing to do with the art of Muay Thai itself. you know of any legit boxing gyms giving out different colored belts? frankly, Cordeiro can do whatever he wants, as its his gym. and seeing as how Chute Boxe came from a TKD lineage, its not surprising that Cordeiro is giving out belts.

i guess thats the difference between MT in the US and BJJ in the US. BJJ is less watered down than MT in comparison to what you find in the home countries.

i have yet to see any pro MT/MMA fighters at any events displaying what color prajiad/belt they have in MT. seen guys with their BJJ belts though before/after their fights.

Its common on the western world in some Muay Thai gyms to have a ranking system.

There is not one unified or official system though, but it is in some sense acknowledge by the MT organizations.

http://uwmta.org/ranking.html

1) never heard of the UWMTA.
2) Vut Kamnark doesnt even live in the US anymore...that org sounds sound a like a sham. look at the list of pro fighters.

rafael-dos-anjos-ufc-185-2.jpg

Looks kind of different for me

For sure, the first one is him in training camp the other is him after weeks of strict dieting and cutting weight. Id be more suspicious if he looked the same in both pics

since when does Muay Thai have black belts? Isn't that like saying you have a black belt in boxing.

Back