RDA vs Conor McGregor - Pre-Figth Analysis - Coach Firas Zahabi

QRMKv8P.jpg

breathing-with-the-diaphragm.jpg

Smashing the diaphragm makes it hard to breathe. When you can't get good air in your body you get tired. Hmmmmmmmmm.

I have. All I see is a wrestler who has been stabbed in the body from repeated shots attempt a guillotine and then get picked apart on the feet. I'm not seeing the tiredness. Give me a timestamp or some clips at least.

Getting out of that guillotine alone winded Conor not to mention the elbows. Conor was throwing sloppy and visibly tired at end .

RDA is not more well rounded then Aldo.

Actually you can say he is. He has very good Striking, uses offensive wrestling, something Aldo does not do as often. The only thing I see Aldo doing better is having a little better TDD and being more technical in his striking but not as powerful as RDA and not as strong as him either.

Looked like to me like Conor did a desperation flurry at end knowing he was getting tired and wanted fight to end quick. Mouth wide open just giving it everything he's got with sloppy slower punches evens chads punches he threw looked quick and more crisp..He was gone when fight ended too. Chad and Conor were both fatigued at end of 2nd that's what made it exciting to watch. It was a Close fight
Completely normal for Conor to be fatigued in that fight lots of elbows and chad pushed him to his limits and add in the weight cut or injury.

His cardio will be better at LW. His cardio is suspect at FW (considering he never leaves 2nd). especially if elbows are falling on him. I don't count max fight because Max just stood there and didn't push anything was easier on the body to coast through that.

Cardio wasn't even my point. I just don't see Conor winning on the cards because RDA style will put up more points. If the fight goes distance it's safe to say it's cause RDA got it to the ground.
Looked to me like Conor scrambled out of the guillotine knowing Chad was tiring so he decided to put on the finishing blows. I didn't sense any real tiredness or desperation from Conor's part aside from what would be considered normal in a fight.

I mentioned cardio as the person I was talking with specifically mentioned cardio. If you want to go down a different route, feel free.

RDA is not more well rounded then Aldo.

Well, that's debateable. RDA uses his offensive wrestling more often and has better cardio. I think Aldo is just as well rounded, but he doesn't chose to mix it up as much; he'll keep the fight standing the whole time.

Well, that's debateable. RDA uses his offensive wrestling more often and has better cardio. I think Aldo is just as well rounded, but he doesn't chose to mix it up as much; he'll keep the fight standing the whole time.

Aldo hadn't had the need to take the fight to the ground in all of his career since he has always felt he had better standup than all his opponents. The time he had to use was against Connor and even then he was not able to do so since he was KO'ed in less than a minute.

But yeah, RDA is a beast and I forgot to add his cardio in it over Aldo. If Aldo and RDA were to fight I would actually favor RDA even though I love Aldo but RDA is bigger and has looked like a beast the last 2 years.

RDA >>>>>>>>>>> Max Holloway

Firas' analysis >>>>>>>>>> yours

March 6th, lots of these threads are gonna get bumped. Either way, I haven't been this fired up for a fight since Shogun vs. Machida 2. I'm stoked!

Peace out.

Holy shit you're an obnoxious asshole. Why bother making a thread for discussion if all you want is for people to just agree with you and not give an opinion that differs from yours?

It's whatevs mang.

And nah, I love my job. I'm on seventh day double time pay. Being a Process Operator in a chemical plant for a large company pays well. While I'd rather be home barbecuing and chilling with my prego wife, I'm thinking about how fast I'm paying my house off working all of this OT, and it makes it all better. :)

Can a mod shit-can off-topic posts like this please?

I think I'm in favor of Firas' opinion because it matches what I've already been saying. By him saying it only makes me that more confident that I was onto so5aptmething. Conor McGregor is effective at what he does early on, but a lot like Vitor, the moment someone weathers the early storm and pushes McGregor, they're gonna have the fight in their hands.

Whether you wanna admit it or not, even though Conor won against Mendes, that fight was very telling to anyone with a functioning brain. Not only could Conor not get up off his back or avoid damage while down there, he looked pretty winded after a 1 1/2 round fight. If the fight stays at RDA's pace, Conor is gonna get drowned and eventually finished. This fight won't go to decision, I would bet whatever on that. It's either Conor by early KO or RDA by 3rd of 4th round TKO on the ground after a beating.

He does NOT want a war of attrition with RDA. This is not even up for debate. It's pretty factual. He will get outmuscled and out worked if this fight goes anywhere past the 2nd round. RDA has too much core strength, unlimited cardio, relentless pace and a 3rd degree BB in BJJ with a solid offensive wrestling game.

We can agree to disagree but I'm picturing a fight that's gonna look similar to Randy Couture vs. Vitor Belfort 3 at UFC 49.

There is zero evidence to suggest that Conor is anything like Vitor, and cant fight hard for 5 rounds. The guy was on the bottom the entire 2nd round vs. Mendes, had his eye cut open, and still got up and was throwing 8 piece combos. Also, vs. Holloway, after a bad injury, he still grapplefucked him for 15 minutes. The guy has cardio and heart for days.

RDA might be too much for Conor on the mat, but it would be because of skill, not any loose comparison to the heartless, post-1st round Vitor Belfort.

Pettis's kicks are more dangerous than Conor's kicks. Pettis finishes guys with his kicks, Conor's kicks hurt but he's not really setting the world on fire with them either. They're flashy and just another addition to the McGregor mind game in my opinion.

RDA was able to completely nullify Pettis' kicking game for two reasons.

1.) He stayed close enough for Pettis to not be able to launch them.

2.) Pettis had to worry about the takedown.

These are both factors that Conor will have to deal with as well. This leaves me to believe that Conor will have to stick to his boxing exclusively. Both Firas and myself agree full heartedly on this. Can Conor score a KO with RDA being in close? Maybe, it's not out of the realm of reality. But my money says Conor is gonna have to rely on his boxing and leave the kicks in the locker room for this one.

Pettis is atrocious on the backfoot; Conor is one of the best in the game at it.

kicking game of mcgregor, hahahahaha

biggest joke ever

but yeha, really interesting fight and whoever wins get the GOAT pin

Looked to me like Conor scrambled out of the guillotine knowing Chad was tiring so he decided to put on the finishing blows. I didn't sense any real tiredness or desperation from Conor's part aside from what would be considered normal in a fight.

I mentioned cardio as the person I was talking with specifically mentioned cardio. If you want to go down a different route, feel free.

I really don't understand how you can't see Conor visibly fatigued. It's pretty clear as day.

Like I said it doesn't matter because that was FW Conor and it's understandable if he doesn't have good cardio there.

I thought Clowny man was so flat-out at work that he had no time for "lengthy" posts yet he's responded, at length, over a dozen times over the next 3-4 hours since he made this topic.

What a fucking joke this guy is!

Time to just shit-can this whole thread.

I think RDA is a better fighter than Aldo. But not by much. That will make him last 20 seconds, not 13.

Aldo hadn't had the need to take the fight to the ground in all of his career since he has always felt he had better standup than all his opponents. The time he had to use was against Connor and even then he was not able to do so since he was KO'ed in less than a minute.

But yeah, RDA is a beast and I forgot to add his cardio in it over Aldo. If Aldo and RDA were to fight I would actually favor RDA even though I love Aldo but RDA is bigger and has looked like a beast the last 2 years.

Yeah, but there are times when RDA doesn't need to use his wrestling, but he still choses to mix it up just for the fuck of it (diaz fight). Both RDA and Aldo have well rounded skills, but RDA choses to employ a more well rounded game.

Just one thing. The fight between conor and aldo went nothing like Firas described. I'm not disrepecting his view.
To be fair, it went nothing like what any analyst described. Not a one. Not even those picking CM to win.

Btw, that guillotine was pretty brutal I don't know if you saw it in slow motion on that ufc rewind episode like I did with Conor's neck twisted in opposite direction. That was not something Conor easily scrambled out of because he thought mendes was gassed. I'm sure Conor went into 100% adrenaline panic mode on that one. Conor had just enough torque to twist out of that one any less he would of been choked out. Dodged a bullet there.

Btw, that guillotine was pretty brutal I don't know if you saw it in slow motion on that ufc rewind episode like I did with Conor's neck twisted in opposite direction. That was not something Conor easily scrambled out of because he thought mendes was gassed. I'm sure Conor went into 100% adrenaline panic mode on that one. Conor had just enough torque to twist out of that one any less he would of been choked out. Dodged a bullet there.
To go 100% like you implied would take a lot more than a gassed out fighter to escape.

To go 100% like you implied would take a lot more than a gassed out fighter to escape.

Which could help explain why he looked drained when he got back up on his feet. Chad made him work. Was a Good fight.

RDA might make him work too or Conor knocks him out earlier we will see.

Lol what? I think Firas made some great points. If the fight goes past the 2nd, I would favor RDA just not as heavily as him.

I would suggest reading my post again, if it helps your comprehension of the content.

I don't think he can read. You weren't hugging at all, lol

Back