RDA vs Conor McGregor - Pre-Figth Analysis - Coach Firas Zahabi

Go watch the fight in real time. He was clearly winded. Even in the gif you can see he's mouth breathing.
I have. All I see is a wrestler who has been stabbed in the body from repeated shots attempt a guillotine and then get picked apart on the feet. I'm not seeing the tiredness. Give me a timestamp or some clips at least.

As I walk through the misty cold darkness of a mid-December evening through a vast and vegetated jungle in Northern Vietnam, I changed my name to @CatchnShoot, started a Sherbro account and tried to impress a bunch of people with fancy words that I don't even know the meaning of.
Which word exactly, did you have a problem with clown?
Predictive?

I agree Zahabi. RDA's leg kicks and body kicks can be the difference since he's a southpaw. But then again, Conor fights by this code: "BE FIRST". He has never abandoned this code and has always been right in front of his opponents, pressuring him with his in and out style, making his opponents tentative. It's hard to throw leg kicks or Body kicks with all the pressure Conor imposes on his opponents.
I don't think RDA's body kicks are going to be a big factor since they are both southpaws. He will have to use the lead leg to kick to the body. Firas has a bias towards Muay Thai fighters, he was a former MT champ in Canada. He warns against bobbing and weaving, but any technique is useful in the right moment. He tends to fixate on a main strength of a fighter(Conor's left), and you can see it in his training of fighters. GSP avoided the ground like it was lava vs Jake Shields, despite having many opportunities to end the fight. GSP, the guy who beat the hell out of BJJ world champ BJ Penn on the ground.

Which word exactly, did you have a problem with clown?
Predictive?
Man you wouldn't believe how good my protein pancakes turned out bro. I used a recipe using 1 banana, 1 egg, 1 scoop of whey protein, 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp cinnamon and some blueberries. I melted some raw organic honey in with some peanut butter and tossed that on top with some chopped banana. Each pancake has like 32 grams of protein. Sherbro Chefery!!!

I have. All I see is a wrestler who has been stabbed in the body from repeated shots attempt a guillotine and then get picked apart on the feet. I'm not seeing the tiredness. Give me a timestamp or some clips at least.
Mouth breathing bro. Mouth breathing. You blind?

From the guy who made a sherdog account yesterday to brag to a bunch of dudes about how rich and awesome he is. Sad and desperate
Lame and tard. It's the new lay and pray. You're a pioneer now. Congrats bro!

Firas wasting 40+ minutes again breaking down another 13 second fight? :D

Last edited:
Lame and tard. It's the new lay and pray. You're a pioneer now. Congrats bro!
We all can't be as cool as the guy with a Prego wife and sick chemical plant job can we? Such a shame we can't be as cool as you. Tell me more about how you have more money than God and can buy and sell this whole forum into slavery with your one day old account

I'm going with the 50/50 spectacular finish in the first 2 rounds for either guy. Can't wait!

We all can't be as cool as the guy with a Prego wife and sick chemical plant job can we? Such a shame we can't be as cool as you. Tell me more about how you have more money than God and can buy and sell this whole forum into slavery with your one day old account
Lol, you're a funny little guy. I like you. I think I'll keep you. I have a nice leash and collar and a kennel and everything. You'll love it.

The more I listen to this vlog the more I feel Firas feels that RDA is going to win. There's a strong undertone there but he doesn't wanna just come out and say it. But he's basically saying that RDA's body and leg kicks will damage Conor's lead leg and that he will dominate Conor on the ground when it gets there (that goes without saying).

He's basically saying in a nutshell that RDA HAS to avoid a boxing match at all costs, but he then follows it up with, "I don't think RDA is going to be foolish in this fight. He saw what happened to Aldo and the cat is out of the bag. He will look to get the very first takedown available and fight his fight. But he is more than competent on the feet as far as his kicks goes to damage the body and legs of McGregor." That's about as brief of a cliff note as I can get.

Firas bet 50/50 between the two of them and didn't make an official pick, but as you listen to him speak, he's basically saying RDA is much more well rounded and unlike anyone Conor has faced before. That his cardio and pace will be the undoing of McGregor if Conor can't end this fight early. Sounds like we're talking about a Vitor Belfort fight here.
Every trainer out there...Firas, Wink, Jackson knows there`s a safe effective way to beat mcgregor. it`s no secret that his ground game isn`t one that can negate RDAs...I`m not sure how easy it would be for McGregor to keep the fight standing. If he can tag RDA early before this fight goes to the ground. I think McG wins.

It's whatevs mang.

And nah, I love my job. I'm on seventh day double time pay. Being a Process Operator in a chemical plant for a large company pays well. While I'd rather be home barbecuing and chilling with my prego wife, I'm thinking about how fast I'm paying my house off working all of this OT, and it makes it all better. :)

You got Homer Simpsons job dont you

So basically: Conor has a puncher's chance ...but that is one hell of a punch to survive over the first two rounds or so.

Firas is a great analyst and obviously there is no allegiance of any kind at play here that may cloud his judgement. It's very nice of him to share his insight with the fans.

Actually, his expected outcome for this fight is very close to how I predicted the fight with Aldo would go: Conor extremely dangerous early but Aldo gaining a sizeable advantage after 2 rounds. I had it 70/30 for Aldo, all things considered.

As for this fight: I am a little surprised by how confident Firas is in RDA taking over the fight "after 7 minutes" as he says.

My reason in the Aldo fight was based on Conor cutting so much weight and signs of him fading around that mark in the Holloway and Mendes fights (yes, you could clearly see him slow). At LW though, I expect this to change significantly; Conor will make the cut comfortably and is a VERY relaxed fighter, which to me indicates excellent cardio.

What I'm guessing Firas is banking on, is that RDA is physically stronger than anyone Conor has fought and is an expert at breaking opponents with both his kicks and his clinch/ground game. He also repeatedly underlined how them both being southpaws should allow RDA to exploit Conor's stance in ways that even Aldo may not have been able to.

One thing that I don't really agree with him on though is that the straight counter to a low has the advantage early, even if he was clearly saying 'in general'.

Everything depends on the quality of the kicker's timing and how much he commits to every low kick; if your technique/timing are mediocre, you get countered, if you throw tentatively, you get countered ...but if you time your kicks correctly, have the correct defensive positioning/posture and put heat into the low kick, your chances of getting countered by a punch are very low. See guys like Gevorg Petrosyan and Sittichai. (Sure, RDA has nowhere near their kicking ability but Conor has nowhere near a seasoned Thai boxer's ability to to deal with such kicks.)

Also, I don't think that RDA needs to attack the outside of the leg early in the fight. I think that attacking the body and even kicking high are even safer because these attacks cannot just be walked through and turned into a counter - Conor would have to block or risk getting badly hurt. Same goes for the inside low kick. You cannot counter that effectively if it lands hard because your leg will buckle under the impact.

Anyway, his overall analysis is spot on IMO. We don't really know how RDA's kicking technique will match up against Conor's poisonous left and we don't know the details of his gameplan or how disciplined he will be about executing it. 50/50 in the early going is sensible.

Erm... McGregor didn't look too tired against Chad. He got up and blasted Mendes into turtle mode.

I don't imagine Conor would try and take down RDA. The point of my post was to say there isn't any credible evidence to believe Conor will easily gas out and lose a decision. His entire career he has shown fine cardio.

Looked like to me like Conor did a desperation flurry at end knowing he was getting tired and wanted fight to end quick. Mouth wide open just giving it everything he's got with sloppy slower punches evens chads punches he threw looked quick and more crisp..He was gone when fight ended too. Chad and Conor were both fatigued at end of 2nd that's what made it exciting to watch. It was a Close fight
Completely normal for Conor to be fatigued in that fight lots of elbows and chad pushed him to his limits and add in the weight cut or injury.

His cardio will be better at LW. His cardio is suspect at FW (considering he never leaves 2nd). especially if elbows are falling on him. I don't count max fight because Max just stood there and didn't push anything was easier on the body to coast through that.

Cardio wasn't even my point. I just don't see Conor winning on the cards because RDA style will put up more points. If the fight goes distance it's safe to say it's cause RDA got it to the ground.

Back